DScaler and Sound Problems - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #31 of 74 Old 04-20-2002, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is the proper Tuner selection for my WinTV Radio model? It says Phillips FM1236/F hm on the silver box. I have tried everything, including all the Phillips entries, no video. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 74 Old 04-21-2002, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Herr Yunta
What is the proper Tuner selection for my WinTV Radio model? It says Phillips FM1236/F hm on the silver box. I have tried everything, including all the Phillips entries, no video. Thanks
That is the same as on my STB TV+FM PCI tuner card. I used Eduardo Tagle's driver (link in previous post). When installed I select the PHLIPS 1236D ATSC/NTSC Input 2. This is the same entry I use in DScaler 4.0 and it works great.
post #33 of 74 Old 04-22-2002, 08:41 AM

Dscaler 4.0? I have 3.1 (latest download on dscaler site). Where do I get 4.0???

post #34 of 74 Old 04-23-2002, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dharris
Dscaler 4.0? I have 3.1 (latest download on dscaler site). Where do I get 4.0???
http://www.adcock8.freeserve.co.uk/DScaler400.zip
post #35 of 74 Old 04-23-2002, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 16
Version 4.0 is not recommended for general use. It is a developer list version and has several serious problems. We will let people know when
we have something to show you.

John

My Company - Upsilon Software
Free Projects - DScaler & hcfr fork
post #36 of 74 Old 04-23-2002, 08:40 AM

Thx. I eagerly await 4.0; am hoping it will solve the STEREO sound problem with ATI TV WOnder.

I might just give 4.0 a shot (it's not like dscaler is a mission critical application, responsible for life support functions...well come to think of it, maybe it is!!!!!)
post #37 of 74 Old 04-23-2002, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dharris
I might just give 4.0 a shot (it's not like dscaler is a mission critical application, responsible for life support functions...well come to think of it, maybe it is!!!!!)
You'll probably get a lot of lockups and blue screens. :mad:

I looked around for it when I had people telling me the problems I had with 3.x were fixed in 4.0. It looks promising, but it's VERY alpha. Stick with 3.x for now. MONO is the least of your worries.
post #38 of 74 Old 04-23-2002, 12:18 PM

Thanks for the encouragement ;-)

I will wait (eagerly) for 4.0
post #39 of 74 Old 09-09-2002, 01:50 AM

I have version 4.0 build 4356 and my problem is, when dscaler starts it mutes the wave/directsound part of my soundcard. In the earlier version it was not muted automatically. I could not find anywhere in the settings to turn this option off. Although I am assuming this is a new feature to turn other sounds off coming from Windows, but I think it should be made an option to mute it or not to mute it. Personally I like to hear for example when AIM+ has someone signing off or on.
post #40 of 74 Old 09-09-2002, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Although I am assuming this is a new feature to turn other sounds off coming from Windows
No this time it is a bug and no feature.

It has been fixed already. The next release of DScaler will have this fix.
post #41 of 74 Old 10-16-2002, 07:07 PM

Just wanted to say, I installed 4.0 on my extremly stable, PII266 system, with Haupauge's WinTV with FM PCI card both 1997 releases. This system however sports 392 Megs PC100, Promise 2 Meg cached ATA133 Raid, 3 Maxtor 7200 RPM 80 Gig IDE, ATI Radeon 32sdr PCI. Though the CPU and PCI style Videocard, as well as the PC100 Ram are areas needing more power soon, this machine running Windows 2000 Pro does many, many things a PII system under 300 or 500 Mhz is simply not supposed to be able to do comfortably. I will be trying a faster machine after Christmas, with at least a PIII or Athlon chip, and the new ATI 9700 Pro. This system is a dedicated entertainment center, installed in the family room with an old model Destiantion 31" monitor, we use it instead of TV, and alt-tab to the web from your favorite show on the couche is very sweet, the faster CPU and Video will be to allow more filters in the Dscaler to be running, not that the picture isn't great already. Anyway, the internal audio wire from the Wintv to my SBLive! 5.1 card, some EAX tweaks, and Output to Pioneer's VSX511s A/V Reciever allows good sound without problems, but if a fix is written to allow me proper decoding of Dolby, and Dolby Digital in the futuer I wouldn't complain. All in all though I believe if Dscaler 4 runs with no problems on this machine it should only seem logical it would run better and faster on a faster PC. So it seems to me the setup of peoples hardware, and the stability of softwares other than Dscaler would be making people have problems, the software does not have any kind of problems on my equipment at all.

Keep up the good work Dscaler team...........:)
post #42 of 74 Old 10-17-2002, 04:24 PM

I have read the entire "DScaler and Sound Problems" thread and have tried everything to get sound from my STB TV PCI card (Gateway #6000704) with WindowsXP and using DScaler (3.1 and 4.0). I'm still not having any luck! Is there a "fool-proof" driver out there yet which I might have missed?

One other general question.
On the internal part of the card, I noticed an "Audio-Out" jumper connector. Should I connect a jumper cable from it to my SBLive card? If so, where might I purchase one of these cables which splits (so I can maintain the connection to my modem).
post #43 of 74 Old 10-18-2002, 03:00 PM

I finally got sound with my STB PCI TV-tuner Bt878 card (Gateway 6000704) with Windows XP.

I followed the instructions you posted on the "Home Theatre/dTV: tuner/sound support" thread, dated 12-04-01. This finally loaded my drivers correctly, but I still didn't get sound until I followed the added intructions by Cosmotic in the this thread, dated 04-01-02. (Note: I also added a jumper cable from the sound card to the TV-tuner card inside the computer.)

Questions:
Has anyone found a better solution since the cosmotic 12-04-01 reply?
Is there a way to eliminate the verticle fuzzy lines/bands on some channels (the Pixel Width option will change them, but not eliminate them)?
post #44 of 74 Old 10-25-2002, 02:57 PM

first sorry for my bad english! im french...
i got the lastest DScaler and i have a ATI TV Wonder pci im running windows xp pro and i got no sound? someone know what must i do to got sound?

thanks a lot.
Dreambill.
post #45 of 74 Old 10-26-2002, 08:03 PM

Dreambill,

Personally I think Windows XP sucks, because it takes much of the control over the operation of your PC out of your hands. Windows 2000 Pro on the other hand I enjoy very much, it is very stable, and allows allot of tweaking to be done without negative feedback. Anyway, if you like XP, it's up to you, it's your PC, and your preference. The sound will work if set to tuner as source, of if not, try an external attachment to your sound card, or check for internal attachement capabilities, like the CD uses, an internal patch from my tuner card to my sound card with the same type of internal audio as the CD is how I set mine up.

Hope some of this makes sense to ya,

Liontech:)
post #46 of 74 Old 10-27-2002, 01:27 AM

Just want to express my thanks to the dscaler development folks. I have been enjoying perfect stereo surround sound for the past couple of months with dScaler 4.01 through a Haupauge WinTV model 401 card for the first time. I guess the numbers had to match :-) Note that it is necessary to select "Bt Card / Audio Input / Use Input Pin 1" and it helps to select "Bt Card / MSP 34x0 Audio Settings / Volume and Tone" and move volume to the top (1000). This is an old system using Windows 98 if that is relevant.

Jerry
post #47 of 74 Old 10-31-2002, 04:34 PM

i have already do that, my capture card sound output was plug on the cd-rom then the cd-rom on the sound card. i have made a lot of this but it still not work.

thanks. other sugestion?

Dreambill.
post #48 of 74 Old 11-18-2002, 06:34 PM

As Jerry states here, it appears to be possible to get stereo sound through dScaler 4.x with a Hauppauge Win TV model 401 tuner/capture card. Has anyone had any experience with the Hauppauge model 495 (Win TV-Theater)? It offers Dolby Prologic Surround Sound output.

I couldn't find any reference to the Win TV Theater at the dScaler "supported cards" page.

The intended OS for my HTPC is either W2K or XP depending on feedback from this forum.

Quote:
Originally posted by G. Ramian
Just want to express my thanks to the dscaler development folks. I have been enjoying perfect stereo surround sound for the past couple of months with dScaler 4.01 through a Haupauge WinTV model 401 card for the first time. I guess the numbers had to match :-) Note that it is necessary to select "Bt Card / Audio Input / Use Input Pin 1" and it helps to select "Bt Card / MSP 34x0 Audio Settings / Volume and Tone" and move volume to the top (1000). This is an old system using Windows 98 if that is relevant.

Jerry
Any help would be appreciated, Glenn

post #49 of 74 Old 11-25-2002, 12:46 PM

Anyone who is interested....
I have an STB TVPCI card working flawlessly in Win xp.
I found the drivers on driverguide.com as win 2000 drivers with a
self installer. Even the sound works!! file was named stb.exe
All I did was run the program,
follow the directions and I had no problems whatsoever.
Previously I had to boot to win98 to (apparently) initialize the card
after a shutdown, then reboot to xp
No more. :-)
post #50 of 74 Old 11-25-2002, 12:50 PM

for the stb drivers, here's the url where I found 'em...

http://www.video-drivers.com/companies/988.htm

I'd like to thank the guy who took the time to make these work. :-)
post #51 of 74 Old 12-11-2002, 02:24 AM

Hello,
I must say, Dscaler ver.4 alpha works very good on my athlon system.
Windows XPPro SP1, ATI TVWonder VE (philips tuner, BT8x8 chip), ati twwonder drivers, air antenna, PAL DK tv channels.

only, small glitch - when exiting Dscaler, it doesnot reset tuner, so tv sound remains on. how to fix this?

rgds
viesturs@kc.lv
post #52 of 74 Old 12-11-2002, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Im not sure what I did to get it to stop. Perhaps nothing. In any case, mine does now shut off the mixer when you exit. I think I have ver 3.x

One thing that still happens to me though: if I use IE while dScaler is up, my system usually (always?) becomes very unhappy and hangs when I exit dScaler. 99% of the time if I haven't fired up IE, it exits gracefully.

Gerald

Please pray for peace.
post #53 of 74 Old 12-23-2002, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by G. Ramian
This is an old system using Windows 98 if that is relevant.

Jerry
Works (the alpha version - no sound at all from the v. 3) also very well under XP HE sp1. My third WinTV card so far - this one is model 747. The previous ones were older and came with a camera - neither gave stereo sound with dscaler and were troublesome in other ways too. dScaler compensated some of the problems the cards or the drivers had. I'm wondering what is the silly sound that comes up if I'm listening to a cd and decide to fire up dcaler while listening to music? The soundcard is set to digital output if that makes any difference so there will be no sound from tv with that setting - exept that weird sound. Sounds like slowed down human uttering. I think I heard it when the desktop loaded too - bizarre:-)
post #54 of 74 Old 03-27-2003, 08:55 PM

Hey. I've been using this ATI TV Wonder PCI for a while. It definitely looks much better in DScaler than in ATI's app. I'm currently using ATI's latest beta drivers. In DScaler 3.1, I can only use the audio in mono; when I set it to stereo there is static. In version 4.01 alpha, stereo works fine. But... when I start it, I briefly hear static and then sound cuts off. To turn it on I go to 'Setup Card / Tuner' and cancel, then I reselect stereo mode. It works flawlessly after that and only cuts off if I select a sound mode again. I'm unsure exactly why DScaler does this, but it seems like a simple problem. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help. Thanks.
post #55 of 74 Old 05-07-2003, 09:10 AM

My ATI-TV Wonder PCI PAL works fine with W2K and Dscaler 3.10, however with Dscaler 4.0.1 I cannot see the menu for selecting the NICAM sound setting like in 3.10 (Hardware -> MSP/Radio) ? Where is the setting for this in 4.0.1? Thanks!
post #56 of 74 Old 10-27-2003, 10:03 PM

I've got a problem when installing the WDM drivers (btwdmdrvinstaller5.3.6-1.zip). I have a STB DesktopTV card with a Philips NTSC tuner. I'm running WinXP Pro. My problem is that when I try to install the drivers my computer crashes and restarts automatically. Do you have any idea why this might be? I looked around the web, but could not find anyone posting the same problem. There was another guy that had his computer crash when installing Bt848.sys, which I think it is my problem, since when I installed the drivers without Bt848.sys in the folder and it asked me to locate it, and I did the system crashes immediately. BTW, WinXP gives me the alert about the drivers not having the Windows Logo approval or whatever, I obviously disregard that, I'm assuming everyone has to do that.

Using D-Scaler and messing around with the options (I had to manually found one that would give me an image) I've managed to get video, but not audio. I've read that no support for the STBs is out yet, so I guess I would have to wait, I was just wondering if it had something to do with the Bt848.sys.

I really don't know much about TV Cards and had this one for a while when I was running Win98SE, then I upgraded to WinXP and I gave up trying to make it work, now that I have some time (after over a year of having the card in a bag) I would like to get it back online. If you have any ideas, I would really appreciate the help. If I need to post any other information, please let me know and I'll try to get it, thanks!

- Santiago
post #57 of 74 Old 10-31-2003, 04:26 AM

I also got Problems with the sound. I have the TerraTec TerraTV+ Card, latest Drivers and DScaler 3.1. When i start the software i hear no sound (with the programm from terratec it works fine). When i go to the Advanced -> Other Settings -> BT848 CHip -> Video Source I can hear sound shortly, but when i try to adjust the slider, Dscaler crashes and there isn't any sound. And when i close Dscaler, i can hear the sound.

So my questions are How to stop the sound? How to get sound? and How to stop the reset of the hardware when starting the software.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edit: I just saw that when i switch the video inout to COMPOSITE or S-VIDEO i can here the sound, too.
post #58 of 74 Old 03-02-2004, 10:14 AM

I have downloaded the Dscaler prog, and it seems to work just great. I think i got v3.1, the last released stable version apparently.
I can't get any sound.
I am going to sound like a real noob here, but i am not too sure what to look for in solving a TV problem; all my experience is in sorting out games problems.
I have an old MM100PCTV BT848 card, but have lost the drivers and apps.
I ran the dscaler prog as recommended by Minkus (can't give you the link apparently) and get a reasonable picture (although i have to check the old tv cable that i am using). The problem is that i get no sound, and i don't know what to change.
I did everything that Minkus suggested, choosing the WDM acquisition driver route, rather than the Ivan Ushkov route.
I have read all three pages here, and nothing seems to be relevant to my problem. I apologise if i have missed the crucial info, and if that's the case, could someone point out the relevant bits for me?.

Also, there seems to be no teletext; even though the options are in the menus, is that only in a more recent release or does it need the original Cebra teletext app?.

I would appreciate any help you guys could give me, esp seeing as you are doing it all for free... and gods bless you for it (admin_buttkissing 0)

My system;
Epox 8kha+
Athlon XP1700
Creative SBLive! 5.1 soundcard
512mb pc2100 ddr ram
Win XP sp1
Bog Standard pc speakers

Never contend with a man who has nothing to lose, and never engage in a Land War in Asia.
post #59 of 74 Old 03-02-2004, 11:43 AM

I just got a Life View 33 card with the SA7133 chipset.I cannot get any sound with Dscaler(Win XP).I bought a Y splitter and go directly from the capture card into the receiver and still no luck.
I am a newbie so could you please give me some step by step instructions on how to make this work.(or point to the settings that are critical)
thanks

John
post #60 of 74 Old 03-04-2004, 09:57 PM

Liked: 11
I'm still having problems getting sound out of the composite input. I can get tuner sound to work fine...but I can't seem to figure out how to get sound from the input.

I'm using an older AVER 98 card. I have a cable from the tuner card to the sound card input. The audio i'm trying to hear is inputed into the tuner card using an RCA to mini plug wire.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page