DScaler and Sound Problems - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #61 of 74 Old 04-01-2004, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!

I have a Typhoon PCI Capture TV-Card.

The Chipset is Philips 7134.

...first i had no audio...then:
i have done the folling:
SAA7134Card->
Audio Input = TV-Tuner

Audio Standard = Custom Settings
Mhz = 7,2 FM/NICAM
Then OK

BUT!
I have only Mono... i think this is a Bug in the Software, right?!

Any idea when it will be fixed?
I dont like the original Software... DScaler is very cool!

But i missing a good sound...thats **** ((

My best greetings from Germany
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 Old 04-09-2004, 10:44 AM

I also posted this in the Dscaler forum but haven't gotten a response there. Can anyone here help?

I have an S-video capture card, Acer Media EZ DVD PCI, configured as LifeView FlyVideo2000. Picture looks fantastic.

For the sound, I have a sound card that has optical SPDIF in and out ( Mad Dog Multimedia Entertainer 7.1 DSP). I'm sending optical into the card and optical out of the card to my Receiver.

I have 2 questions:

1) I'd like to get Dscaler to play the Optical In signal when I open Dscaler. But I've played with the Audio-Mixer settings and I can't seem to get any sound. I've read some messages here that lead me to believe Dscaler can't handle digital sound, is that correct? if it can, how do I get this to work?

2) As an alternative, I can get sound to ouput properly if I open my sound card software (Audio Deck) and disable 6 channel speaker output and select the Digital In icon with "Loop back to SPDIF Out" selected. I hear perfect digital sound. Problem is I have to open the software to do this. And when I close Dscaler, I still hear the audio signal so I have to go back into the software and switch back to 6 channel speaker setup. If I could automate this I think that could be fine. I could have myHTPC call some function to turn on the DIgital In loop back and then open Dscaler and then turn off Digital In when Dscaler closes (not quite sure how I would sync those events though). Anyone try to do this before? The solution is likely to be specific to my audio card so I'm not sure how much help I am going to get here.

Thanks,
Marc
post #63 of 74 Old 04-17-2004, 06:56 AM

dscaler version 3.1. Dell 4600 integrated sound and video. Video works great. Using this with ATI TV wonder. Sound works great until I exit descaler at which time, the sound is still playing. I have to open the ATI TV interface then close it again to turn off sound. I do not have this problem with my dell 400sc with ATI TV wonder and dscaler 3.1. Anyone know how to stop this? thanks!

post #64 of 74 Old 05-17-2004, 12:50 PM

I have problems using DScaler because I can't get any sound. I have tried up to the 4.1.9 revision and I couldn't trigger any sound unless using a VCR for tuning which is not possible for me. That is too bad because DScaler gives a much better picture quality than any other tv program.

I have a ATi Tv Wonder Pro (Phillips 1236-MK2 and CX23883-17) on a nforce2 mainboard (A7N8X Deluxe) with nVidia soundstorm integrated soundcard. I was never able to make the sound work in DScaler but I have read somewhere that someone with a nForce2 wan't able to hear sound since his recent drivers update so it could be it. I am using Win XP Pro by the way.

But on the other hand I have listened to the outputs of the tuner and when I use DScaler to tune it, no sound comes out whatsoever so it doesn't have anything to do with the soundcard configuration. The tuner somehow isn't triggered to give sound output.

I am using the Ati drivers because I wasn't able to find any generic WDM driver for my chipset. I have read of many people with my tv tuner chipset that have the same problem. If anyone managed to find a way of correcting this any help would be very appreciated.
post #65 of 74 Old 06-11-2004, 02:17 PM

I have V-Gear MyTV 2 Radio and i have audio trouble. I can't get any sound using Dscaler. I have NForce mboard with Sounstorm and i can't select the option in dscaler -> SAA1734 CARD -> AUDIO INPUT -> TUNER. It's gray and i can't select it. Why? Please help!
post #66 of 74 Old 08-12-2004, 06:10 PM

has anyone had any luck with getting sound to work on an stb tv tuner? i've tried all of the tuner software out there, and dscaler is the best. i'd rather wait and get sound with dscaler, than use another program. i've gotten sound and video with other programs, so i know my equipment's ok. just wanted to see if anyone has been able to make it work.

-sean
post #67 of 74 Old 12-27-2004, 05:42 PM

I just replaced by TV card with an ATI Radeon All in Wonder 9800. Its a combo tv and video card. I couldn't get Dscaler to play sound except if I did the following.

Went to Dshow-filters
Went to ATI TV Tuner changed the channel to 3
Went to TV Audio Crossbar
Change output to Audo Decoder out
Change input to audio tuner in
Checked off link related streams

Clicked ok and sound comes on.

The only problem is that the sound and video are not synched.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know...
post #68 of 74 Old 04-27-2005, 11:13 PM

'm glad to have a place to put a post.
Seeing as it's my first for the site, thank you DScaler Team for the dedication and hard work you continue to do. Glad to see the PHP updated.

All the threads are good and most of the articles have been followed carfully. On to the problem.

I have an 3dfx Voodoo 100/TV Card (US) which is in reality an VTV1003 STB Card made in Mexico.
After downloading and installing the latest btdwmdrvinstaller 5.3.8, and following cosmotics suggestions as well as others with what I have which is:

Primary chipset:
BT878KHF
25878-12
CB1003
0004 (Korea)

ST (Second or Sound Chipseton same TV card)
TEA 6420
H990B9944
(Malaysia)

During the installation, I've set the Video to STB and the Audio to Temic 4032 (which is on the sticker on the card on the main silver converter box on the card). (I've also tried the suggestions for using the Phillips-NTSC settings w/o success.) Also on the adv. settings. I chose no for everything except the TEA 6420 and made no changes to the hex #, yet.

I've checked and re-checked my audio cable going from my Sound Blaster Live 5.1 for Aux IN, and the Audio Out on the TV Card and are fine. (Was always working in Win98, Win2kpro, and didn't have to do all these tweaks, but not for WinXP.)

Upon installation and channel setup of DScaler 4111, it's detecting most of the channels through the 5-900mhz coaxial cable I have coming from the wall of my new apartment. (Basic Comcast package.) (It detects 69 channels on the NTSC-M for the USA, basic cable connection scan setting.)

Great picture, but alas, no sound. System sounds are working just fine in the background, so it's not the card.

Drivers in the Device Manager (w/o exclamation or red "X's" on them and no other category) are:
Conexant's BtPCI WDM Audio Capture
Conexant's BtPCI WDM Video Capture
3dfx's TVPCI, WDM Crossbar

The Audio Capture properties say, upon checking:
"No drivers are installed for this device." Hmmmm....

I believe none are required to be installed, but is this the correct message I should be getting? Upon checking the sound and audio settings on the hardware tab, in the control panel, the device status shows that it's working properly.

After the amcap.exe experiment didn't work (per the instructions) I thought I'd put a post to anyone that may have come across the same type of situation.

I'm about to try the VCR trick to see if it changes anything with the audio signal, i don't think it will.

Help

CrazyDave
post #69 of 74 Old 04-27-2005, 11:24 PM

On the sources column for DScaler I had options for STB, my webcam and the new Conexant's BtPCI Capture (DShow-for DirectShow) and so I chose the new driver and wa-la! Sound kicked right in.

There was a darkening of the video quality, but I'm sure this is adjustable.

Thanks again for your patience and hope this helps someone else out there.

Cya online!
post #70 of 74 Old 04-13-2006, 08:45 PM

Hello folks, this is my first time here and my posts as well.

I have a same problem with you guys, I got dScaler 4.1.15 and it runs well but there is one problem, no audio, I got that when I tune to various TV channel. My TV Tuner card is PixelView Media Center PlayTV@3000 which using Conexant CX2388x series chipset and it using Philips FI1236 tuner system. My computer configuration is using AMD Sempron 2200+, Asus A7V600-X, Sound Blaster Live! Value sound card and ASUS Geforce FX 5200 128 MB Display card.

I have tried any steps found on this thread and still no avail, so any new idea? THX :)
post #71 of 74 Old 05-15-2006, 06:12 AM

i had a same problem using dscaler. after trying so many thing, i decided to connect sound output from my tv card to microfon in ( sound card).

It work ike a charm. If you guys have the option, try it.
post #72 of 74 Old 10-04-2006, 10:35 PM

[quote=LouCypher]For those in the same boat as me, you might want to check out another Bt8x8 driver being developed at btwincap sourceforge . I have one of these cards and with this driver now have sound udner DScaler and BorgTV with my card, under Windows XP. So far I cannot capture video AND audio, just video, and it doesn't initialize sound under Windows Media Maker.[quote]

I have stb tv card with tnemic 4032 fy5 and sound wasnt working. LouCyher's solution worked for me. Sound beautiful sound!! Thanks Lou
post #73 of 74 Old 11-12-2006, 01:30 PM

Hi
I have weird problem.
I have Winfast TV 2000 XP tuner card.
When I'm using original program "WinFast PVR" I have normal sound.
When I'm using DScaler 4.1.15 and sound stereo, sound in half channels is very good and in the other half I hear only noise ... I don't know what to do. Anyone could help?
video decoder of this card is cx2388x
post #74 of 74 Old 12-29-2006, 10:44 PM

I got sound to work. Used a cable to connect the line out on the card to the line in on my sound card. Now I don't have video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Home Theater Computers