Dell M2010 Remote - Page 17 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 510 Old 06-03-2012, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, are you still looking to sell?

If the condition of the remote is good and the receiver can work long range, I would be VERY interested!!

Currently using a Gyration media remote right now, but after one too many falls over the last 4 years it' time to get a replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake killer View Post

Wow!

I never imagined after all these (almost 4) years this thread would still be active.

I have not used my Dell M2010 remote in a while.

I am going to test it soon and I am willing to sell it at a reasonable price. I have the receiver (RH1515) as well.

I don't know the situation with the drivers but I did save the XP drivers on my hard drive back in 08.

Any body interested can PM me.

Otherwise I'll put it on eBay when I find time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 510 Old 06-04-2012, 10:27 AM

decided to buy this model in the end:
(add ebay url)/itm/Dell-Remote-Control-IR-Blaster-NEW-FW962-/370618524164?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564a95e204

and this:
(add ebay url)/itm/New-Dell-XPS-M2010-Wireless-Input-Output-Remote-Control-Adapter-ORC-YY993-/350563472620?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519f3614ec

Hope these two work together! Will report when I get them.
post #483 of 510 Old 06-16-2012, 03:17 PM

So I got the euro version of the remote and the receiver (YY993), but the receiver came without the cable. Is there any way I can purchase something online that would connect to the receiver's 8-pin connector?
post #484 of 510 Old 07-29-2012, 02:51 PM

Mashakos, in the auction you posted for the receiver it clearly shows a cable; how come they didn't send one?

I am keen to buy one but I would like to know if you managed to sort this? Also they are charging $40 for shipping to the UK! $40 for a tiny circuit board? WTF are they smoking?

My original RC6 Microsoft remote is on it's way out, the Philips SRM5100 is perfect, but you can't get the programmable version (even on ebay) so I think I am going to go for the XBox 360 universal remote - it's dirt cheap, apparently works well and is backlit.

Part of me still wants that M2010 remote though....

Thanks
Kevin
post #485 of 510 Old 08-05-2012, 01:13 PM

I actually sent the seller an additional $40 for courier shipping, cause I thought I could get the dongle made over the weekend :s
well, I ended up getting a partial refund. It sucks that the seller that sent me the board without the cable is the only one offering the item on ebay.

So now I'm stuck. I'm looking through Dell parts and hoping to find a compatible Dell bluetooth cable connector. Would pay a hefty premium for a CX071 RF dongle though...
post #486 of 510 Old 08-06-2012, 01:51 AM

Well that is indeed very frustrating for you. Can you not solder directly onto the socket? I guess the traces are pretty tiny, but could be worth a try? You clearly want to get this working, so if your soldering skills aren't up to it then see if you can find (and pay) someone who is good and send it to them?

I got the xbox universal remote which looks great and mostly works great but the TV control part of it is poorly executed.

Let me know how you get on!
post #487 of 510 Old 08-06-2012, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 250

I'm pretty sure mouser or digikey has that connector, problem is... what is it called? You can try searching through thousands of connectors and use filters to narrow down the search.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #488 of 510 Old 08-07-2012, 02:08 AM

These guys have some helpful suggestions on what to look for on digikey, but I don't have the board so can't measure them. Mashakos, over to you!
http://www.electronicspoint.com/help-finding-somewhere-buy-component-t250930.html
post #489 of 510 Old 08-07-2012, 08:18 AM

Liked: 13
I'd just solder the wires directly to the back side of the connector. A fine soldering tip shouldn't have any problem in there.
post #490 of 510 Old 08-07-2012, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 250

You can also try 1pin headers. I don't know if it will be too big to fit them side by side but they are cheap enough to try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-10PCS-20cm-Dupont-Wire-Cable-1P-1P-Pin-Header-2-54mm-Pitch-/330440935893?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cefd089d5

post #491 of 510 Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 PM

Liked: 11
This is such an old thread and I thought I would never be updating it... Laughs..

I have this 4 year old ebay search. It popped up recently.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160820157568&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3243

These are not mine nor am I selling them but I just had to share.

Live long Old Dell M2010 and to all who have posted in this thread..
post #492 of 510 Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
It may be old, but other than android / iphone remote for xbmc/ I still cant think of better solution to navigate HTPC.

I stil have 2 backup RH515s in a drawer.

Im sure they wont last long.

post #493 of 510 Old 10-04-2012, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
another with free shipping instead of 3 dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Original-Dell-XPS-M2010-Wireless-Cards-with-Cable-RH515-0RH515-CN-0RH515-/180942800288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a210805a0

Even cheaper with free s/h

Somone auctioned off a cache of these from Dell. Its probably past reason part restock requirmeents for dell now so they sold them all off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Dell-XPS-M2010-Wireless-Input-Output-Remote-Control-Adapter-ORC-YY993-/230842274578?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bf459312

I would say the remote is officially harder to reasonable find than the reciever now thanks to the stock popping up on ebay.

Does anyone remember when the remotes were $12 shipped from those texas resellers for Dell brown box parts.

I do , I think i have 3 of those remote, I bought a couple after the gyration sensor went crazy in one. It would always drift around the screen untouched.

Then about 6 months ago i think the buttons started having trouble. I found a you tube guide on repairing remotes and used a adhesive with itty bits of tin foil on top of the carbon, I tryed cleaning with alchohol first , but the contacts has been really

worn down. so the foil worked better. Remote is currently working very well, with exception i did not do that nice of a job opening it so it kinda looks marred on the right side from screw drivers. Later found out guitar pics and iphone kits work wonderful to take things like that apart. Oh well , it works and i have a few stored away for backups.

post #494 of 510 Old 10-14-2012, 11:11 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc88keyz View Post

I do , I think i have 3 of those remote, I bought a couple after the gyration sensor went crazy in one. It would always drift around the screen untouched.

Then about 6 months ago i think the buttons started having trouble. I found a you tube guide on repairing remotes and used a adhesive with itty bits of tin foil on top of the carbon, I tryed cleaning with alchohol first , but the contacts has been really

worn down. so the foil worked better. Remote is currently working very well, with exception i did not do that nice of a job opening it so it kinda looks marred on the right side from screw drivers. Later found out guitar pics and iphone kits work wonderful to take things like that apart. Oh well , it works and i have a few stored away for backups.

I know I got one in parts someplace. Maybe I should send you my parts. If your handy with a soldering iron..
post #495 of 510 Old 10-25-2012, 11:50 AM

Hi All,
I've been using Gyration remotes for my HTPC ever since 2007. The best thing ever. Especially the one that not only controls the PC, but also the TV, DVD Player, and Sat box. (GYR3101US).
I have the combo kit that came with the wireless compact keyboard and they have both been in regular use since 2007. I did have to get the remote replaced twice under warranty back when it had one due to the typical Gyro sensor going bad... (High pitched whine with uncontrollable pointer).
The one I have now has been in use since 2009. Unfortunately when Movea sold Gyration to SMK-link a couple years back, they only sold the "Air Mouse" and not the media remotes. Since then Movea has dropped all gyration support and SMK-link has nothing to do with the media remotes.
They are now completely unsupported by all companies.

All that being said, my current GYR3101US remote is finally beginning to act up.
The buttons are all well-worn from extensive use and some of them no longer respond well.

As a result, I've been pursuing a replacement. That's when I stumbled on this old thread.

As such, I lucked out and got the M2010 remote on ebay for $14.95, from the guy that usually sells them for $74.95... I think he made an error when he created the listing, because after I bought mine, he changed the price on his listing back to $74.95, but he honored my purchase price and I got the remote.

I then found the RH515, YY993 receiver for $27. I got it working (mostly) with Win 7 64 bit.. The playlist app doesn't like 64 bit, but everything else is going fine. I don't use the HTPC to play music without the TV on, so that feature really isn't required for me.

Now I have it as my back up remote. It is missing quite a few of the feature of my old GYR3101US. (Like the DVD menu button, which I use in WMC when I play DVDs from my hard drive).

When my current Gyration finally dies, I now have my go-to remote.

Thanks to all the early guys that documented everything within this thread and made it easy for me to get this remote up and running.

Mike
post #496 of 510 Old 11-05-2012, 05:01 PM

Since this is related to this old thread...

I wanted to let everyone know that I've posted all the Gyration Media Center Remotes' software files in a public SkyDrive folder which can be found in the following link:

Gyration Remote Drivers/Applications http://sdrv.ms/UdeJXQ

This folder contains the Dell Remote tray application as well as the Triple Tap Fix and Instruction Manual.

It also contains the Manuals for the GYR3101US and GYR4101US Gyration remotes.

I've included the Gyration Triple Tap fixes for both 32 bit and 64 bit Win OS systems... (Note these do not work with the Dell Remotes - You must use the Dell Triple Tap fix for this unique remote.)

I also included the very hard to find Gyration Air Music Service application.... I am not sure how this app differs from the Dell version, other than the fact that it was written specifically for the GYR4101US.

Hopefully these files will continue to be useful to others... I know I had a very difficult time finding these device Drivers.

Mike
post #497 of 510 Old 11-29-2012, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Has anyone ever found a solution to fix the damned gyro sensors on these? I have two dead now and now a friend of mine just had one go out. All had the same problem where the cover for the gyro just came off and it no longer works.
post #498 of 510 Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
post #499 of 510 Old 05-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Does anyone has the driver for Windows 8 64 bit?

Thanks.

Flexible RAID:

|
post #500 of 510 Old 05-29-2013, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

I have been looking for a solution to this forever, thanks for the video! I will give it a try. Did you do this fix & did it permanently fix it or for how long? Any other tips-I need to fix several?
post #501 of 510 Old 06-12-2013, 06:58 PM

@spectrumbx, Did you try the ones I've posted on Skydrive? I haven't tried them on Windows 8 yet as I have my remotes all set up on Win 7 PC's.

The Music Service doesn't seem to like 64 bit in Win 7, so I'm pretty sure that won't function properly, but everything else should work out of the box for the non-Dell remotes. For the Dell branded remote, try installing the Dell drivers from my skydrive public folder under compatibility mode.

Please let us know how it goes.

Mike
post #502 of 510 Old 06-16-2013, 03:27 PM

Just found my Dell remote, I have not used it in a while. I thought I would look here for some ideas on Win8 compatibility.

I connected my RH-515 to a standard usb connector so that it would work on any computer. I used Version 1.0.048 which works everything on the remote just fine in Win7
Even though this remote is knocking on a bit now I still think it's a great piece of kit!
post #503 of 510 Old 08-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbkatt View Post

@spectrumbx, Did you try the ones I've posted on Skydrive? I haven't tried them on Windows 8 yet as I have my remotes all set up on Win 7 PC's.

The Music Service doesn't seem to like 64 bit in Win 7, so I'm pretty sure that won't function properly, but everything else should work out of the box for the non-Dell remotes. For the Dell branded remote, try installing the Dell drivers from my skydrive public folder under compatibility mode.

Please let us know how it goes.

Mike
No, I did not but I will later tonight.

Anyone knows what the best remote for Windows 8 that's out there?

Thanks.

Flexible RAID:

|
post #504 of 510 Old 08-26-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinit View Post

Just found my Dell remote, I have not used it in a while. I thought I would look here for some ideas on Win8 compatibility.

I connected my RH-515 to a standard usb connector so that it would work on any computer. I used Version 1.0.048 which works everything on the remote just fine in Win7
Even though this remote is knocking on a bit now I still think it's a great piece of kit!

Could you be so kind as to post (pm) the Win7 driver? Id really appreciate it. Thank you much smile.gif
post #505 of 510 Old 11-15-2013, 02:32 PM

Well my gyration remote GYR4101 finally became erratic. I tried the youtube fix, but mine doesn't have a cover over the gryo and honestly I can't tell which component is the gyro. It just floats to the top of the screen.

I purchased a Dell M2010 remote and YY993 card from ebay. I followed the rewiring color code. My PC discovers the device and displays as a Gyration RF Technology receiver in Control Panel. I press the "connect?" button on the remote and it displays connection unsuccessful.
But is the LED supposed to be on the YY993 PCA? I thought I may have had a dud, so I purchased another YY993, stripped another USB cable and same results.

Not sure if I'm doing something incorrect.
post #506 of 510 Old 11-15-2013, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 346
If you don't get it working, the free Mobile Mouse app on a smart phone works exactly like a Gyration. Food for thought.

post #507 of 510 Old 12-02-2013, 09:45 PM

So I finally hacked up the RF module (YY993) and plugged into a USB port on my PC. I'm running 64-bit Windows 8 and I don't see it detected at all by the computer, at least it's not showing up as a something with a descriptive name under Device Manager (unless it's shown as some generic HID input device). I'm an electrical engineer and solder quite a bit for a living, so it's not as if I messed up the wiring. I even did a continuity test to make sure it was done properly.

What drivers should I be using for Windows 8? I've read in the earlier posts that the drivers are automatically installed as part of Windows Update in Windows 7. Is it possible that Microsoft no longer supports this device? Is it possible to extract the drivers from Windows 7 so they can be used on Windows 8? I appreciate any help getting this thing to work.
post #508 of 510 Old 12-11-2013, 10:59 AM

BennyNihon, if your interested in some trial and error experiments....I'll send you my 2 boards for you to try out. I can't get my 2010 remote to connect to either. I'm not sure if it's my remote or boards.
I've gotten both boards to show up as Gyration devices in Windows 7 and Windows 8. Just PM your address if your interested. I'll cover the shipping cost. My wife thinks I'm crazy to keep trying to get this to work. rolleyes.gif

I can't get MobileMouse to connect every time. And I liked the IR learning that the Gyration has.
I"ve tried some AirMouse remotes, but none of them do all that I need to. The Rii i13 was close, but there is no directional keypad on the AirMouse side.
post #509 of 510 Old 12-20-2013, 10:58 AM

Poptarts,

I can try the receiver part with the dell M2010 remote I bought on ebay in 2008. It is just collecting dust.

I sent you a PM.
post #510 of 510 Old 02-09-2014, 12:14 PM

I still got my remote with the receiver (RH1515). The receiver was put together following the instructions from the earlier pages of this thread. The board is housed in a USB flash drive case and the inner cables are twisted together (no tape or soldering). I plugged it in and tested it on my Windows 7 machine. The mouse functionality works out of the box. I was also able to launch Windows Media Center. Anyone interested in buying can PM me. Yes it's the same one I wanted to sell over a year ago but I got busy with other projects. I will wait a few days for any buyers then put it on ebay if there aren't any. I won't delay it this time. I promise smile.gif
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page