Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 510 Old 07-07-2008, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliric View Post

<...>@all: Since the cypress wireless USB chip is in so many other units, did anybody have the chance to try a different USB dongle with the Dell remote? I'm thinking of:
1. Logitech 2.4G wireless presenter
2. 73P4067 Lenovo wireless keyboard
3. USB 2.4G Wireless PC Developoment Board nRF2401
4. Unigen or Wisair dongle
5. BELKIN F5U302 Wireless USB 4PORT Hub W/ADAPTER USB

I'm pretty sure the Belkin hub should work with the remote since it is also offered by Dell as version F5U303 (meaning without the USB dongle).

Interesting theory. It depends on how much checking the remote does when it links up with the microcontroller that is in the USB dongle. It is possible that it is looking for a piece of Gyration software running on the usb dongle. It might link up, it might not. Hmm... doing searches on the F5U302, it might be real WUSB rather than the Cypress-based wireless USB that the Gyration remotes use... although there is nothing to say it couldn't be backwards compatible.

I bought a Logitech "Wave" wireless mouse and keyboard in the hopes that the dongle for them might interoperate with the Dell/Gyration remote, but couldn't get the remote to link up.

Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 510 Old 07-10-2008, 12:24 PM

I saw one of the RH515's on ebay brand new today.
Just search for Dell M2010 Remote with Receiver. The seller ID was jakedasnake3.
post #183 of 510 Old 07-10-2008, 12:57 PM

Nothing on ebay now..
post #184 of 510 Old 07-10-2008, 01:53 PM

It was on there I don't think it ended. I'll look again.
post #185 of 510 Old 07-10-2008, 01:53 PM

Yeah it is down now? I will let you know if it come back
post #186 of 510 Old 07-11-2008, 05:57 AM

There is one on ebay now. Search for "Dell M2010 Remote with Receiver" seller jakedasnake3
post #187 of 510 Old 07-11-2008, 05:29 PM

Liked: 11
update:

Bad news no it's not a plug and play device.

Good news it's the same Chip!

I think all it's needs is a Little reprogramming.

I am current in search for a new eeprom to reprogram this unit.
post #188 of 510 Old 07-14-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha-tron View Post

update:

Bad news no it's not a plug and play device.

Good news it's the same Chip!

I think all it's needs is a Little reprogramming.

I am current in search for a new eeprom to reprogram this unit.

Howdy Alpha-tron,
If you explain a little bit more what you're trying to do and what you are looking for, others may be able to help. The EPROM is within the CY7C63743C-QXC microcontroller, so are you looking for a new (unprogrammed) microcontroller, or are you thinking something different altogether? I assume this board you found also contains something compatible with the CYWUSB6934 device? CY7C63743C-QXC shows to be orderable from Avnet's website, but wait time may be 6 weeks.

On a semi-related note, Gyration appears to be getting closer to finally releasing their own version of this remote... they've assigned a part number to the Air Music Remote (previously referred to as the R4000): GYR4101. It's been up there for a week now and is still not available for order yet, but the front page of the website shows that the list price will be $150 - same as the FiireChief.

Marc

post #189 of 510 Old 07-16-2008, 03:26 AM

There is a hardware solution which is getting a New Cypress chip and reprogramming it to act like a RH515

The USB dongle is Relatively easy to understand.

It has a CYUSB6934 which is the Wireless transmitter /receiver
It has a CY7C63743 which is the micro controller
It has a Atmel 726 Which is serial eeprom.

The RH515 is a bit harder to understand.

It has the same CYUSB6934 Standard design
It has the same CY7c63743 Micro controller Too bad it's not reprogramable.
I assume the BDU 66k AHJJ is another serial eeprom but I haven't found any info on it (any help would be great).

If I can change the Dell remote software to look at the USB ID in the dongle then I hope the remote will just work.

The dongle I got was 20 including shipping.

Yes Gyration new remote is about 150.

Softarcade website still says it has them for 40 dollars but there is $11 for shipping.
Typically you can still find the remote for 20 plus 10 for shipping.

So for 81 dollars you can have a roughly the same remote. roughly because we all know they new one will have a lot more better support then these dell units.

The old Gyration remote (with out the LCD) can be found around the 50 to 60 mark.
post #190 of 510 Old 07-16-2008, 08:17 AM

The old Gyration remote (with out the LCD) can be found at Circuitcity outlet stores for about $30. http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Searc...&go.x=0&go.y=0
post #191 of 510 Old 07-16-2008, 09:26 AM

I wonder if you can use the receiver section of the remote into the dell units?

it would be a 30 dollar solution.

Driver info of the RH515.

Vendor ID: 0c16 Device ID: 0003
Manufacturer name: Gyration, INC.
Device Name: Device
post #192 of 510 Old 07-17-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:

I wonder if you can use the receiver section of the remote into the dell units?

it would be a 30 dollar solution.

Driver info of the RH515.

Vendor ID: 0c16 Device ID: 0003
Manufacturer name: Gyration, INC.
Device Name: Device

Except that the $30 price is in store and most (all?) stores have long since sold out.

Additionally, I don't know if this exact dongle was tried, but I believe a few Gyration dongles were tried and non of them worked - although the fix might be as "simple" as different firmware needed for the dongle. Won't know until its tried.

Back to the previous message - cliric had his Softarcade order cancelled, so that route is probably not an option.

Quote:

I assume the BDU 66k AHJJ is another serial eeprom but I haven't found any info on it (any help would be great).

Notice how that device is right next to the inductor? Those inductors are almost always accompanied by a power switcher IC, so I assume that is not a serial prom - the only prom is probably inside the USB microcontroller. In fact, I'm very surprised that the USB dongle you have has an external prom on it since the CY7C63743 has one built in. I can't find a datasheet on the Atmel 726 - can you point me to it? Is the board simple enough that traces can be followed to see which IC pins the 726 connects to?

Marc

post #193 of 510 Old 07-17-2008, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Welp, so far for me the LCD isn't as useful as I thought it would be... seems like it takes a while also, anyway I'll sell mine off with the reciever (already moded to USB and placed in a remote wonder casing) for $55+ shipping which is about what I paid for it (recoop the loss).

PM me if anyone wants it I guess (of course it wont kill me if no one wants it lmao)
post #194 of 510 Old 07-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintari View Post

Welp, so far for me the LCD isn't as useful as I thought it would be... seems like it takes a while also, anyway I'll sell mine off with the reciever (already moded to USB and placed in a remote wonder casing) for $55+ shipping which is about what I paid for it (recoop the loss).

PM me if anyone wants it I guess (of course it wont kill me if no one wants it lmao)

That's just crazy talk.
For those that use projectors like me or those that simply don't want to turn on the TV just to be able to play music, the remote is the best thing ever.

The lag (insignificant in my experience) is due to it not caching the music metadata and having to retrieve it from Window Media Player.

If only it supported iTunes...

Oh, on the subject, does anyone know a nice converter to iTune playlist to WMP playlist?
post #195 of 510 Old 07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Wonder if it is because I have it attatched to a machine, and that machine 's library is on a network share (I think abut 40gig or so of mp3s) .... Possibly slowing down the menu?
post #196 of 510 Old 07-17-2008, 04:39 PM

I have my rh515 set up as an external usb. It has a 4' usb cord connected to it and it is housed in a case. I have had this set up for a couole of months and it has worked perfectly. I only use it with my laptop and 50" plasma when I use the laptop as an HTPC. Last night I tried to use it but no luck. The small icon on the lower right hand screen is there and it is showing "green". Then usb shows up as working in the device manager.The remote seems to work fine and the battery bar shows full. When I press connect it says it can't connect. When does the red light on the rh515 supposed to be on? Because it is not on at all. Does it come on when transmitting or receiving ? Would plugging and unplugging the usb connected to the rh515 cause a problem? If one of the wires came undone would it cause these symtoms. It seems that the rh515 is neither sending or receiving. I hope I did not fry the rh515 because it seems now that is unavailable to get a new one. Any advice anyone?
post #197 of 510 Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrandtx View Post

Additionally, I don't know if this exact dongle was tried, but I believe a few Gyration dongles were tried and non of them worked

Marc

My thought was to replace the Cypress Chip inside with the Gyrations parts but I might end up with a Typical Gyration remote with a Non functioning LCD.

Quote:

Back to the previous message - cliric had his Softarcade order cancelled, so that route is probably not an option.

Marc

Softaracde wants 40 dollars and 12 dollars to ship. I wonder if they have will call. They are in driving distance to me.

Quote:

I can't find a datasheet on the Atmel 726 - can you point me to it?

Atmel 726
25010AN
SU27
I just assuming it's an eeprom

Code:
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/atmel/8/
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheets/320/160397_DS.pdf

Marc

From the traces of the atmel 726

pin #2 shows up on the corner of the CYC63743
Pin #5 to the usb micro controller

won't really know until I can take it apart.
post #198 of 510 Old 07-17-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk978 View Post

If one of the wires came undone would it cause these symtoms.

I hope you did not install it into a metal case. It might be shorting out to the case.

Check the wiring you might have a loose green on the RH515 side. Green and red tied together then to the negative/ ground of the USB (black)
post #199 of 510 Old 07-18-2008, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Well here is kind of an opposite question.....

I was looking at getting a hold of the gyration Air mouse (not the two button one but the one that is blue and white with multiple buttons) and possibly the keyboard that goes with it.

Does anyone know if that mouse will work with the other Gyration remote receiver? The gold and black colored remote, I'd like to not have to use yet another USB port for this lol

On another note I might try the Dell remote on the mahcine that actually has all my MP3s and see if it loads faster on the LCD screen
post #200 of 510 Old 07-18-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:

My thought was to replace the Cypress Chip inside with the Gyrations parts but I might end up with a Typical Gyration remote with a Non functioning LCD.

Softaracde wants 40 dollars and 12 dollars to ship. I wonder if they have will call. They are in driving distance to me.

This would be very nice to know, but I'm not holding my breathe.
Quote:

Atmel 726
25010AN
SU27
I just assuming it's an eeprom

Ahhh... more information always helps. That's an Atmel AT25010A. Don't know for sure what 726 is, but I'll bet it is the date code: 26th week of 2007. Here's the datasheet you want:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/p...ts/doc3348.pdf (from http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/pr...p?part_id=3033)
The S appears to indicate that it is in the 8S1 (SOIC) package. 27 means 2.7 V (minimum). Pin 2 is SPI data out and Pin 5 is data in, which jives with what you wrote:
Quote:

From the traces of the atmel 726

pin #2 shows up on the corner of the CYC63743
Pin #5 to the usb micro controller

won't really know until I can take it apart.

Ohm meter might be less destructive. I'm an electrical engineer - please let me know how I can help.

Marc

post #201 of 510 Old 07-22-2008, 01:37 PM

Sorry for the wait in reply, it took forever for it to get here (arrived today) AND the guy didn't pack that part. I'm possibly looking at PayPal dispute. French is his first language, so making sure all of the statements are clear and the email is responded to.

I'll let all know as soon as I can pull a part number off that dongle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliric View Post

@coruscate: Did you receive your dongle that you bought from ebay? Please let us know what kind of dongle is that, maybe we can find some sources to buy it instead of RH515 board. Thanks.

post #202 of 510 Old 07-23-2008, 05:06 PM

Well when I asked him where the missing part was, his response was:

"the doogle is for my wireless keyboard and mouse for my pc sorry is in the pic but don't useful for the remote is for a keyboard and mouse"

There is no mythical external dongle, and according to Dell parts there never was one due to the proprietary wireless usb communication protocol by Cypress.

Good thing I have 2 RH515 boards again.

I told him we all bid that item up because he misrepresented it and I think he is retreating behind the language barrier rather than conceding it was his error in the listing.

Be glad I outbid you on this cliric, it has turned out to be a PITA.

I will house the RH515 in an old Dell Flash thumbdrive.

Coruscate

Joe
post #203 of 510 Old 07-23-2008, 05:10 PM

I've read this and other boards, but there is one thing I don't understand.
What driver do you use with the IR dongle with XP PRO?
It makes sense to me that no driver does.
I get the elusive BB+ Dongle(e.d) is not installed.
Can anyone clarify what I should be doing?

Coruscate
post #204 of 510 Old 07-28-2008, 12:09 AM

I've been following this thread for a little while because, well, I really want one of those remotes. I have something to add, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coruscate View Post

Well when I asked him where the missing part was, his response was:

"the doogle is for my wireless keyboard and mouse for my pc sorry is in the pic but don't useful for the remote is for a keyboard and mouse"

There is no mythical external dongle, and according to Dell parts there never was one due to the proprietary wireless usb communication protocol by Cypress.

First, that guy ripped you off. The dongle in the picture from his auction most definitely goes with the remote. I almost won a different auction for pretty much the same package. I can't post the URL since I just signed up for this board, but the auction number was 290247414408. Check out the picture at the url in the description. That's the same dongle. I'm fairly sure that the package is the CX071 package that overtheringing got from Dell. Also, the guy that sold you the remote even responded to a question in the auction with "yes i has a usb dongle we it the other part is the infrared receiver." I'm just saying, if I were you, I'd be pissed. You should definitely take that up with paypal or something.

More importantly, though, there's a video review on youtube of the Gyration version of the remote from when it was still the R4000. Once again, can't post the url, but if you search for "gyration remote and keyboard" it should be the first video on there. At about 1:22, the guy holds up the usb dongle for the R4000/Air Music Remote, and it appears to be the same as the Dell dongle, minus the Dell branding of course. So, assuming that Gyration eventually releases their Air Music Remote, it may become much easier to get that dongle. If only...
post #205 of 510 Old 07-28-2008, 01:38 AM

there definitely is a usb dongle. i have two. dell branded and all. check my old posts for the info.
post #206 of 510 Old 07-28-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheringing View Post

there definitely is a usb dongle. i have two. dell branded and all. check my old posts for the info.

Howdy Casey,

I don't see any info in your old posts. Does the USB receiver (or box) have any other identifying information besides the code AGQLD79Q0749 on the bottom under a bar code (info taken from the above mentioned ebay auction) on the USB dongle. The same auction said the USB "IR Sensor" (so this isn't what we're looking for) had the following markings: HK 03 50734 G 007914.

Thanks,

Marc

post #207 of 510 Old 07-28-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheringing View Post

cliric, not sure about the usb-if. i dont think its standard wireless usb (as discussed earlier in this forum), but i would give dell a call and see what they can do.

a new piece of info for ya'll, on my packign slip it says that i ordered:

item CX071: Kit,Remote Control,RMT5,Dell Americas Organization Dimension

maybe see if you can order CX071 and/or RMT5. if it costs something like 11.99, then that is probably it. good luck again.

just to bring the info all back... and as for what is on the dongle itself. its not where i am right now, so i cant check that yet. just moved and its in some box... somewhere.
post #208 of 510 Old 07-28-2008, 01:07 PM

I have 2 spare RH515s (1 unused and 1 modified & attached to a USB cable) as well as 2 spare remotes. PM me if interested.
post #209 of 510 Old 07-29-2008, 11:53 AM

I received a RH515 today but without any cables hanging with it. Can somebody please tell me where can I find the connector with the cables that goes into it or any other way I can connect it to the USB?

Please please please ... i dont want to waste 22 bucks...
post #210 of 510 Old 07-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

bearcat6, PM sent
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page