WD 500Gig 7200Rpm Sata

DVDRW (for now)

Xbox 360 HDDVD player

Old school server tower (3HDD's)

TV Wonder 650 PCI HDTV Tuner

Windows Vista Ultimate

Samsung 56" 1080p DLP

Kenwood 5.1 system

Will all be here by Saturday I hope, I wanna play too!!

I'm loving my new hobby already!!!!

#79 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener /forum/post/12342833

I'm loving my new hobby already!!!!

So true... So true...

It is getting to the point that my wife is worried that I'll be one of those guys who go out and build a $200K Theater like she's seen in Home Theater Mag. I tell her that I would never do that while secretly planning a way to finance my obsession...

#80 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift King /forum/post/12343242

So true... So true...

It is getting to the point that my wife is worried that I'll be one of those guys who go out and build a $200K Theater like she's seen in Home Theater Mag. I tell her that I would never do that while secretly planning a way to finance my obsession...

This stuff is awesome, i can see how it turns addicting really fast.... i have had a decent "home theater" for a while but a i am just getting into the HTPC, i will post pictures as soon as santa gets here.

#81 ·
Ive got mine up and running. But just started the whole process of making it a full blown HTPC

COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower

Asus P5B Duluxe Motherboard

Intel Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz

G Skill 2GB DDR2 800(PC2 6400)

ATI Raedon HD 2900XT (Need it for my games :p)

1 500 Gig Seagate HD

2 320 Gig Seagate Barracuda HD (Dual-booting XP + Vista Ultimate 32bit)

1 400 Gig WD HD

Samsung DVDRW

ZALMAN CNPS9700 110mm CPU Cooler

Thermaltake 500W Power Supply

- ALL HOOKED UP TO A 24" SAMSUNG (245BW) AND MY 50" SONY SXRD via DVI/HDMI

I'm having a blast setting it up right now. I'm using VMC w/ My Movies. Great program even though its a lil slow. I'm still in the process of ripping my movies. Pics coming soon

#82 ·
So how does everyone like MyMovies? It seems like a great program and all. But is it me, or does Microsoft's Media Center seem.......like an afterthought? I've never seen it run on a beast machine, does it run smoother on a bad arse machine? Or should I try something else (BeyondTV, Sage, etc..)???

#83 ·
Here's mine:

Custom Built, with the following components:

* Antec NSK-2480 case, with included 380W PSU (with stealthed drive cover)

* Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H motherboard, using on-board graphics

* AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz 65W Black Edition CPU

* A-Data 2GB (1GB sticks x 2) DDR2 800 RAM

* Scythe Ninja Mini CPU cooler

* Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB Hard Drive

* Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB Hard Drive

* Samsung SH-203B 20X DVD burner

* Microsoft Media Center Remote Control and Receiver

Running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with MyMovies plugin

(old) Sony 17" LCD monitor, mounted on a Sanus swivel arm

Logitech Cordless Desktop S510 (wireless keyboard and mouse)

HTPC sits on a shelf in my custom-built, 18" deep, built-in bookcase. I can sit in my recliner, swivel the LCD monitor out to hover in front of my face, and go to work.

Everything is hooked up to my projector for 92" wide movie and TV watching.

Picture #1, showing the recliner, bookcase, monitor, side surround speaker, HTPC, other components:

Picture #2, another shot of the theater to show the HTPC's location, off to the left of main seating:

ND

#84 ·
Here is my hide away, my mainbox and htpc share a room while I live with my parents...

#86 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmedwards80 /forum/post/12346004

Now that is a sweet setup you got there ND23. Its something to look forward to when I get the space for something like that. Is the 17" touchscreen?

Thank you. No, it's a plain ol' 17" Sony LCD, circa 2001. Maybe I'll replace it with a nice-size widescreen LCD soon (Christmas deal, perhaps?). I don't always like to fire up the projector when it's just me down there... I'm content to watch on the LCD in front of my face.

ND

#87 ·
These are outdated pics. I'll post new ones later!

PC is an AMD X2 4400, 2gb OCZ RAM, 7800GT on Asus A8N-E. X-Fi in audio creation mode, coax S/PDIF kernel streaming output to HK AVR140. Cheap Westinghouse 1080p monitor, cheap speaker stands, and the cheapest of all is the center channel speaker--its called a 'phantom' model

#91 ·
Well unfortunately my parts wont be here on Saturday. Although I did go and buy a Harmony 550 remote, a Samsung DVD multi drive and modded my Xbox 360 HDDVD drive to fit my HTPC case when it gets here. I also had to call and cancel my ATI Radeon X1950 Pro PCI-E card. Seems as though the Mwave website has a typo. ATI doesnt make a 512mb PCI-E X1950 Pro..... Go figure, glad I researched it, they only make the 512mb in AGP only. Oh well, a Nvidia Gforce 8600GT 512mb PCI-E will have to do. I'll update you guys next week.

#93 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Klown /forum/post/12366338

Xzener you can get a PCI-E 512mb x1950 Pro, here are two to pick from. Also ATI doesn't make their own cards Sapphire makes the BBA cards.

Thanks Wicked Klown, those sure as heck aint the ones I had ordered. Thanks for the heads up though. Though it may be to late. I'll try my hands at a 8600 for a bit before I decide to go ATI or Nvidia. The war rages on in my book, both companys doing a great job I might add.

Thanks

#99 ·
In CCC it shows up as a Samsung max res 1920 x 180 max refresh rate 60. Can't remember what the default res is after install the drivers but had to change it to 1080p in CCC. I think the small issue I have with the screen being up and to the left has more to do with the TV then the card. I changed from a eVga 8800GTS and couldn't be happier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.