11th floor condo in the washington DC area. Basic set up:
1. Sony Vaio TP 20E (DVD, Blu Ray, xbox drive for HD DVD), Vista Media Center with Netflix, Cable card. Can play all region disks.
2. Apple TV (you can see it sticking out slightly from the top of the shelf)
3. Pioneer 151FD 60 inch calibrated plasma. sitting distance is around 9-10 ft away from the screen.
4. Bose Lifestyle 48 streaming to 2 bedrooms, 1 study, 2 bathrooms and patio (inside glass cabinet)
5. Cox HD DVR (not used much). Also behind glass cabinet below TV
6. LG BH 200 DVD/Blu Ray player . Also behind glass cabinet and seldom used.
* glass cabinet has a couple of Antec laptop usb cooling fans that run off of the cable box usb power.
7. 1TB Vaio Media Server inside the glass cabinet.
8.. Harmony 1000 remote controls everything (includes 2 rf extenders. one set for the TV and everything in the glass cabinet and another for the apple TV and Vaio)
9. Monster power conditioner.
Usage pattern: 40% Netflix streaming, 20% Blu Ray, 20% DVD (mostly region 2), 5% Hulu, 10% Apple TV, 5% Cable....