Sub-channel and ATSC tuner problems in Vista MCE - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-04-2007, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an OTA (DTA-150) ATSC tuner in a Vista Premium MCE machine.

My problem is Media Center doesn't provide the correct guide information for any subchannels. MC pulls the guide information from the xx.1 channel for all the sub channels such as xx.2 and xx.3. Zap2it's website shows the correct subchannel data on its website, so I can't help but sense this is a problem in MCE. The problem is not only with PBS, it's all subchannels. MCE brings in the primary xx.1 guide info for all subchannels on every station in my area.

PBS is the only channel we watch, other than a little bit of ABC, so this is a real disappointment. I picked up Vista Premium so I could have one single integrated application handle all my media needs and so far, it's been great, but this lack of correct guide data is a real problem.

Has anyone found a workaround or fix for it?

I also notice my digital channels dropping their signal from time to time now with Vista MCE, whereas they never dropped in XP Pro SP2 with Beyond TV. There's no hardware changes, I just wiped the drive and installed Vista on the same machine. Could be a tuner driver issue, but I have the most current drivers from Vbox. Any advice on this? Vista is still very new to me , so it's entirely possible I'm missing something, Vista seems to be a lot more complicated and many more layers than XP - at least at this point.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-04-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Leisle View Post

I have an OTA (DTA-150) ATSC tuner in a Vista Premium MCE machine.

My problem is Media Center doesn't provide the correct guide information for any subchannels. MC pulls the guide information from the xx.1 channel for all the sub channels such as xx.2 and xx.3. Zap2it's website shows the correct subchannel data on its website, so I can't help but sense this is a problem in MCE. The problem is not only with PBS, it's all subchannels. MCE brings in the primary xx.1 guide info for all subchannels on every station in my area.

PBS is the only channel we watch, other than a little bit of ABC, so this is a real disappointment. I picked up Vista Premium so I could have one single integrated application handle all my media needs and so far, it's been great, but this lack of correct guide data is a real problem.

Has anyone found a workaround or fix for it?

I also notice my digital channels dropping their signal from time to time now with Vista MCE, whereas they never dropped in XP Pro SP2 with Beyond TV. There's no hardware changes, I just wiped the drive and installed Vista on the same machine. Could be a tuner driver issue, but I have the most current drivers from Vbox. Any advice on this? Vista is still very new to me , so it's entirely possible I'm missing something, Vista seems to be a lot more complicated and many more layers than XP - at least at this point.

Thanks

The missing info for subchannels is a known issue. If you look at similar complaints on "thegreenbutton.com" you will see that Microsoft expects to fix this problem... in the future.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
There's a long thread on thegreenbutton about this. It lists a work around that you may try.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-04-2007, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I found it, thank you.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page