First of all, thanks for everything! Long time reader but finally signed up... I think i signed up before, but i can't remember the user name hahaha :P
Anyhow, I am going to build a mini itx system:
* CPU: Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.50GHz LGA775, $64.
* CPU Cooler: SilverStone NT07-775, $23.
* Motherboard: ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi GF9300-D-E LGA775 GeForce 9300 mGPU Mini-ITX, $145.
* Memory: A-DATA ADQVE1A16K DDR2-800 2 x 1GB Kit, $27.
* Graphics Card: GeForce 9300 (integrated in the chipset), $0.
* HDD: Western Digital WD6400AAKS 640GB SATA 3.0Gbps, $70.
* PSU: ATX12V 250W SFX PSU (included in the case): $0.
* Case: Apex MI-008 Mini-ITX, $50. An alternative is Apex MI-100 Mini-ITX, $56 and Apex MI-100BK Mini-ITX, $56.
* Total Cost: $379
I already have a hdd for it, so i'm saving some money there.
One of my questions is, some people are saying in reviews that the NB chipset overheats a little, so i was thinking about getting this heatsink for it: ZALMAN ZM - NBF 47 Aluminum Heatsinks only - Retail
Do you guys think that'll help/work/fit?
Another question is, would this set up be any good for playing games like starwars battlefront or battlefield 2142?
The total of my components on new egg is $352.16 on new egg. These are the pieces:
APEX MI-100BK Black Steel Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case 250W Power Supply - Retail $47.99
A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1A16K - Retail $29.99
ZOTAC GF9300-D-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 HDMI Mini ITX Intel Motherboard - Retail $134.99
Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80571E5200 - Retail$69.99
ZALMAN ZM - NBF 47 Aluminum Heatsinks only - Retail $9.99
SILVERSTONE NT07-775 90mm CPU Cooler - Retail $22.00
Grand Total: $352.16
Oh and I tried to add some ram into my old system and ordered 240 pin ram instead of 168 oops :P~ So now i'm stuck with 2gb... but it turns out that this mobo can take this ram, but the ram is pc3200 and the mobo takes pc2 6400... could i save $30 and use the slower ram? Or would that just be too much of a difference?