AVS Forum banner

Guide to Building a HTPC, Workstation and Server

Tags
computers
6M views 20K replies 2K participants last post by  Kenshiro 26 
#1 ·
 Guide to Building a Home Theater PC

Buyer's Guide to Building a Home Theater PC - October/November 2011

Announcement (updated on October 1, 2011)

Here is the basic plan for "Buyer's Guide to Building a Home Theater PC" (formerly "Recommended HTPC Systems"):

1. Issues and Editions. The guide will be issued every month, on around the 20th day of the month, in the PDF format (a PDF reader is required to read it, such as Adobe Reader [ free download ] or Adobe Acrobat).

2. Asking a Donation! I am asking a donation for the latest issue ( why ). There are two choices:
  • Single issue ($4 USD or more): You can download the current latest issue.

• 4 issues ($10 USD or more): You are eligible to download 4 consecutive issues. For example if you send a donation on April 1st, you can download March (during 4/1-4/20), April (during 4/20-5/20), May (during 5/20-6/20) and June (during 6/20-7/13) issues. How this works: Each donator will be provided with a download link to the issue file, which is valid for 2500 hours = 104 days = 3 months and 2 weeks (for example, April 1 to July 13 if you donate on April 1). I will update the file in the server on around the 20th day of each month and will announce it in this thread. Then you can download the new issue at the link provided. You will use the link repeatedly during the subscription period. So please keep the download link.

At this time only a donation by PayPal is accepted. Click the button

then select either one described above, click the PayPal icon and follow the instruction in the loaded page to send a donation. If you don't have a PayPal account, don't worry, click the link "Continue" following "Don't have a PayPal account?" in the page to create an account (it's free) and send money using your credit card or bank account. You will receive a download link instantly. Note that
  • The price field is editable; please change it and donate as much as you can.

• Please add your User Name at AVS Forum in "Add special instructions to merchant" if you want to get my support via PM or posts in the thread. Otherwise I can't identify you with an AVS Forum member unless your user name is the same as your PayPal account holder name.

3. Older Issues will be released free. Older issues will be released for free, either in this thread like the previous "Recommended Systems" or in PDF for download or both. I am planning on releasing a couple of months old issue every couple of months.

4. Have a Question? If you have a question (how to build, how to configure or whatever), please either post it in the thread (yes, please post any question in the thread, hoping that invoke interest in the latest guide
), PM me or email me. I will try to answer it; if I can't, somebody else may be able to help you.

Why do I ask a donation? Maintaining the guide consists of
  • Research latest hardware components;
  • Acquire key hardware components and do lots of experiments;
  • Write the information obtained in a readable form, that requires lots of time, meditation and inspiration (not kidding).

Among them the most difficult part is the second part because it involves lots of money ($1000 or more per month, not kidding, I consider $1000 is the minimum amount to maintain and keep the guide up to date) and currently it relies heavily on the donations. So please consider making a donation, as much as you can afford, if you think the guide is helpful and want to see it updated for some time to come.

BTW the amount of donations in 2010 is
  • October 16 2010 - November 15 2010: $60
  • September 16 2010 - October 15 2010: $85
  • August 16 2010 - September 15 2010: $145

This is good enough to buy a motherboard per month, but nothing more.
This guide is going to die sooner or later if this continues.

Release Notes
  • October/November 2011 Issue: Released on December 11, 2011.

- Sandy Bridge-E LGA 2011 systems took the place of 3-year-old Bloomfield LGA 1366 systems.

- All systems were reexamined and nearly half of the systems were updated or completely changed because of new hardware components and price change of many components.

Sample (21 pages):
  • August/September 2011 Issue: Released on October 1, 2011.

- The low-end and mid-range systems are restructured.

- Nearly half of the systems were updated or completely changed because of new hardware components and price change of many components.

• June/July 2011 Issue: Released on July 14, 2011. The June issue has been delayed because of the delay of the May issue. So I decided to combine the June and July issues.

- AMD A-Series APU (Llano) systems took place of all the Socket AM3 systems in the low-end and mid-range AMD systems.

- Nearly half of the systems were updated because of new hardware components (new AMD 990FX/990X/SB950 chipset motherboards, new X58/ICH10R chipset motherboards etc.) and price change of many components.

• May 2011 Issue: Released on June 3, 2011.

- All LGA 775 systems were replaced by LGA 1155 systems finally.

- Intel Z68 chipset motherboards are used in place of P67 in many systems.

- Standard Mini-ITX and Budget/Low-End microATX/ATX systems were completely re-organized reflecting the recent release of Pentium Sandy Bridge processor.

- 15-bay server systems are now using an Intel processor and Intel-brand motherboard (one reason for that is Intel Gb LAN).

- 20-24 bay server systems have more processor/motherboard options.

• April 2011 Issue ( free download ): Released on April 23, 2011.

- All Radeon HD 5xxx cards were replaced by the latest Radeon HD 6xxx.

- Several older motherboards and SSDs were replaced by new ones.

- A Xeon LGA 1155 workstation was added.

- Server systems were streamlined and divided into two categories: Server I (12 and 15-drive systems) and Server II (20 and 24-drive systems).

• March 2011 Issue ( free download ): Released on March 21, 2011.

- Every Intel LGA 1156 (Clarkdale and Lynnfield) system was replaced by a LGA 1155 (Sandy Bridge) system.

- "Intel for 3D" (Clarkdale + a discrete graphics) systems were removed because Sandy Bridge supports 3D.

- A LGA 1366 workstation was added.

- Rocket 620 SATA controller card in a couple of server systems was replaced by Rosewill RC-211 because Rocket 620 BIOS disables other controller's BIOS.

• February 2011 Issue ( free download ): The initial version released on February 23, 2011, the final version released on March 4, 2011.

- An AMD E-350 APU system was added in the mini-ITX system ("Budge Mini-ITX System").

- Intel High-End/Premium/Ultimate Systems and Workstation were all updated (i.e. Lynnfield systems were revived) because Intel recalled Intel 6 Series chipsets .

- Minor changes in the server systems (new motherboards, a new SATA 6.0Gbps controller card) for better cost/performance.

- Every single system was reviewed and components were replaced if necessary.

• January 2011 Issue ( free download ): Issued on January 20, 2011. As Intel Sandy Bridge quad-core processors were released on January 9, mainly Intel High-End/Premium/Ultimate Systems were updated.

• December 2010 Issue ( free download ): Issued on January 5, 2011. This is the first PDF version of the Buyer's Guide. 80 pages in US letter. Almost every section of the June 2010 issue was updated. This issue is also posted here .

Past Guides in This Thread

This is a guide to building a HTPC (Home Theater PC), a revised, enlarged version of Core 2 Motherboard Complete List - With Hardware Recommendations for a HD HTPC . In general emphasis is on the aspect of smooth playback of HD contents (including Blu-ray Disc, HD DVD and 1080p H.264 files), hence I added "HD (High Definition)" in the title. The main parts are:
  • Part I. Hardware Guide
  • Part II. Assembling Guide (under construction)
  • Part III. Software Guide (under construction)

"Hardware Guide" includes a practical selection guide of various hardware components as well as theoretical aspects of hardware if necessary. This part should be helpful to select right components quickly when building a HTPC. "Assembling Guide" is a practical guide to assembling a HTPC. I will choose one of the recommended systems in Part I and give a step-by-step instruction of assembling components. The content of "Software Guide" is still undecided (I welcome suggestions).

There are six appendices:
  • Appendix I. Overview of Intel CPU
  • Appendix II. Overview of AMD CPU
  • Appendix III. Complete List of Core 2 Motherboards
  • Appendix IV. Complete List of AM2 Motherboards
  • Appendix V. Motherboard Naming Rules
  • Appendix VI. List of Bandwidth

These are for reference only.

Then follow

Main Part
  1. Hardware Guide (Page 1)
    1. Introduction (under construction)
    2. Recommended Systems
      • Peripheral Components
      • MicroATX System
      • ATX System
      • Home Media Server
    3. CPU and CPU Cooler
    4. Motherboard
      • Intel Platform
      • AMD Platform
    5. Memory
    6. Graphics Device
    7. Sound Device
    8. HDD
    9. Optical Drive
    10. TV Tuner
    11. PSU
    12. Case
    13. Input Devices
  2. Assembling Guide (Page 2) (under construction)
  3. Software Guide (Page 3) (under construction)

Appendix
  1. Intel Processors – An Overview (Page 4)
    • Contents
    • Preface
    1. History
    2. P6 Microarchitecture
    3. NetBurst Microarchitecture
    4. Mobile Microarchitecture
    5. Core Microarchitecture
    6. Atom Microarchitecture
    7. Nehalem Microarchitecture
  2. AMD Processors – An Overview (Page 5)
    • Contents
    • Preface
    1. History
    2. K5 Processor
    3. K6 Processor
    4. K7 Processor
    5. K8 Processor
    6. K10 Processor
  3. Core 2 Motherboards – A Complete List of (Page 6)
    • Contents
    • Preface
    1. Overview of Recent Chipsets for the Intel Platform
    2. Intel 865 Chipset Motherboards
    3. Intel 945/946 Express Chipset Motherboards
    4. Intel 975X Express Chipset Motherboards
    5. Intel 965 Express Chipset Motherboards
    6. Intel 3 Series Chipset Motherboards
    7. Intel 4 Series Chipset Motherboards
    8. Intel Tylersburg & Ibexpeak Chipset Motherboards
    9. NVIDIA nForce4 Series for Intel Chipset Motherboards
    10. NVIDIA nForce 500 Series for Intel Chipset Motherboards
    11. NVIDIA nForce 600i Series Chipset Motherboards
    12. NVIDIA nForce 700i Series Chipset Motherboards
    13. NVIDIA GeForce 7-Series GPU and nForce 6-Series MCP Motherboards
    14. NVIDIA GeForce 8-Series mGPU Motherboards
    15. ATI Chipset Motherboards
    16. SiS Chipset Motherboards
    17. VIA Chipset Motherboards
    18. Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Motherboards
    19. Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Motherboards
  4. AM2 Motherboards – A Complete List of (Page 7)
    • Contents
    • Preface
    1. Overview of Recent Chipsets for the AMD Platform
    2. AMD 480 Series Chipset Motherboards
    3. AMD 580 Series Chipset Motherboards
    4. AMD 690 Series Chipset Motherboards
    5. AMD 7-Series Chipset Motherboards
    6. AMD 8-Series Chipset Motherboards
    7. NVIDIA nForce3 Series Chipset Motherboards
    8. NVIDIA nForce4 Series for AMD Chipset Motherboards
    9. NVIDIA nForce 500 Series for AMD Chipset Motherboards
    10. NVIDIA nForce 600a Series Chipset Motherboards
    11. NVIDIA nForce 700a Series Chipset Motherboards
    12. NVIDIA GeForce 6-Series GPU and nForce4 Series MCP Motherboards
    13. NVIDIA GeForce 7-Series GPU and nForce 6-Series MCP Motherboards
    14. NVIDIA GeForce 8-Series mGPU Motherboards
    15. SiS Chipset Motherboards
    16. ULi Chipset Motherboards
    17. VIA Chipset Motherboards
  5. Naming Rules of Motherboards (Page 8)
  6. List of Bandwidth (Page 8)
  7. MSI K8NGM2-FID: The Definitive Guide (page 9)

Discussion Posts (Click Here)

See less See more
#19,263 ·
How do I find out whichever one I choose will work with the power supply?
The specs for the GPU will state the power requirements. The specs for the computer should state the amount of the power supply.

But, I do suggest you try to confirm the GPU will work in the computer before purchasing the GPU. I always have purchased current motherboards, CPUs and GPUs and memory at the same time. On the last update I did retain the power supply.

So, adding a GPU to an older computer is outside my experience.

#19,264 ·
The specs for the GPU will state the power requirements. The specs for the computer should state the amount of the power supply.

But, I do suggest you try to confirm the GPU will work in the computer before purchasing the GPU. I always have purchased current motherboards, CPUs and GPUs and memory at the same time. On the last update I did retain the power supply.

So, adding a GPU to an older computer is outside my experience.
That is why I was originally asking for advice on parts to build an HTPC :confused:

#19,265 ·
Always good to check specs but most lower end cards won't strain a tower power supply. Check back a few pages in this thread for some recent builds. Focus more on quiet fans (or no fans) in the GPU.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

#19,266 ·
renethx or others:

I also want to upgrade my Flexraid server as I am doing more with it these days such as SABNZB, Plex Media Server etc..
I have older H77 MB and Intel G860 CPU and it's a bit slow on occasions.

I was thinking just change CPU to Intel I5 3570K but thats a lot of extra watts that will sit unused for much of the day.

Any significantly lower wattage used but still powerful CPU options?
Why can't we buy the "T" versions of Intel CPUs?
Could I buy I5 3570K and do something like under voltage to drop power usage?

Does upgrading to H97 board give me better options?

Thanks!

#19,267 ·
renethx or others:

I also want to upgrade my Flexraid server as I am doing more with it these days such as SABNZB, Plex Media Server etc..
I have older H77 MB and Intel G860 CPU and it's a bit slow on occasions.

I was thinking just change CPU to Intel I5 3570K but thats a lot of extra watts that will sit unused for much of the day.

Any significantly lower wattage used but still powerful CPU options?
Why can't we buy the "T" versions of Intel CPUs?
Could I buy I5 3570K and do something like under voltage to drop power usage?

Does upgrading to H97 board give me better options?

Thanks!
Actually i5-3570 is a good choice. ('K' version is pointless because your mb is H77.) The chart from this post may be helpful:

Core i5-3470 3.2GHz-3.6GHz is $20 cheaper and is another choice. You can downclock these processors to turn them into T/S processor easily.

#19,268 ·
Hi Rene, hellò everybody,

Thank you AVSForum for hosting so many clever people and interesting information!
It's nice to see this thread go full speed again and I'm looking forward to the new guide myself...

Placed some questions to Rene lately and got his competent advices, so I'm able to narrow-down my choices for a new HTPC, which is going to be actually my first one, since my Dvico TViX has given-up the ghost!

But I think it's just better to go public for my last (Hope so...) questions both to let other readers share Rene's advices on my build and to gather any other people's advice...

Focussing in an Intel NUC or a Mid-Level Intel miniITX system for now, rigged to run OpenELEC/XBMC...

So, what I'm looking for is a way to watch my medium to high quality MKVs and, to a lesser extent, old AVIs that are mostly cartoons... also,maybe, some Live TV (Free to Air) and perhaps some Internet Browsing (But I can easily rule out this for now... I learnt that OpenELEC/XBMC is not really thought for Internet Browsing)... Games are not contemplated... Files are already on my QNAP NAS and I won't need storage on the HTPC, apart the SSD for OS storage...

For Movies' watching I'm sensible to PQ, but not overly picky about that so, maybe, this may save me the hassle to go the Windows way... at least for a while...

As I said, I'm narrowing-down my options to (Taken from Rene's advices):

Intel NUC, based on Intel Haswell (mobile) processor
------------------------------------------------------
CPU: Core i3-4010U (Haswell) 2C/4T 1.7GHz 3MB Cache 15W FCBGA1168/DDR3L-1600/Intel HD Graphics 4400,
Cooler: Stock Stock cooler,
MB: Intel Next Unit of Computing Board D34010WYB UCFF, included,
Mem: G.SKILL F3-1600C9S-4GRSL SO-DIMM DDR3L-1600 CL9 4GB,
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400 20EUs (integrated in the CPU),
SSD: Crucial M500 120GB CT120M500SSD1 120GB SATA 6.0Gb/s SSD,
(BTW, what's the difference between this SSD drive and the Crucial MX100 128GB SSD drive?)
Barebone: Intel NUC Kit D34010WYKH with Core i3-4010U / Intel HD Graphics 4400 / 2.5" Drive Support,
WiFi: INTEL N7260 board
IR System: Included in the Barebone Kit

And this is pretty finalized as a set-up, as the NUC inherently does not allow further expansions...

But I may decide for more future flexibility (Changing a faulty/obsolete MoBo or CPU, adding a Discrete GPU later if needed, having the ability to add an Optical (BR) Disk Reader to replace an aging Samsung BR Stand Alone Player... you name the possibilities)...

So, I may go for this (Again, mostly taken from Rene's advices, my questions, doubts etc. put in blue and in brackets):

Mid-Range - Intel, based on Intel Haswell (Desktop) processor and AMD Radeon R7 graphics card
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: Core i3-4130 (Haswell) 2C/4T 3.4GHz 3MB Cache 54W LGA 1150/DDR3-1600/Intel HD Graphics 4400
(Going higher than this is an overkill at this moment...)
Cooler: Stock cooler,

MB: GIGABYTE GA-H97N-WIFI or ASUS H97I-PLUS
(Which one is better suited for the task? Reasons to prefer one over the other, GPU-Wise or something else?)

Mem: G.SKILL F3-1600C9D-8GAB Ares DDR3-1600 CL9 2 x 4GB Kit,

GPU: ASUS R7260X-DC2OC-2GD5 R7 260X 2GB GDDR5,
(This is to be added at later time and if needed, I'll be using the integrated GPU to begin with...)

SSD: Crucial M500 120GB CT120M500SSD1 120GB SATA 6.0Gb/s SSD,
(Again, which one is better, this SSD drive or the Crucial MX100 128GB SSD drive?)

PSU: SilverStone ST30SF SST-ST30SF 300W 80 PLUS Bronze SFX,
(Or will change accordingly to the Case I'll chose to go with...)

Case: SilverStone Sugo SG06-LITE SST-SG06BB-LITE Mini-ITX/Mini-DTX,
(This case has both the ability to host the Discrete GPU and the BR Reader, if I decide to add these two options... what I don't like is its shape and dimensions... What's the users experience and suggestions here with not too big, HT-like, horizontally developped cases that maintain the ability to eventually host the Discrete GPU and the BR Reader???)

IR System: NONE INCLUDED
(What's best option under the initial openELEC/XBMC build? I believe that switching to Windows system later would pose few troubles... BTW, any chance to have it INTERNALLY integrated with the suggested Case/Cases? I have an Harmony Ultimate Hub-Based Remote doing most of the HT command tsks here, and it would be nice to have it working with the new HTPC too. So I won't actually need a remote... just the receiver...)

Uhmmmm... Enough questions already... I'll switch to "Listening Mode" now... ;-)

Thank you in advance, Rene and everybody willing to share some advices with me...

Best regards and happy viewing/listening!
Joe

#19,269 ·
Another system, that's more like a AV device:

CPU: Core i3-4130
CPU Cooler: Stock
MB: H97M-G43
Mem: F3-1600C9D-8GAB
GPU: R7 260X ASUS
SSD: Crucial M550 128GB
PSU: SSR-450RM
Case: Fractal Design Node 605

or

MB: Z97 Pro4
GPU: R7 260X ASUS
SSD: Crucial M550 128GB
Case: GD08 (deeper, supports up to 9 x 3.5" HDD, 2 x 2.5" HDD, 1 x ODD)

As for SSD, get any of the lowest price, there won't be any difference in normal HTPC usage.

#19,270 ·
Hi Renethx and all,

Thank you so much for such outstanding advices I got...
After more thoughts and reading, I think I narrowed down my choices to the following components:

(Initially at least... I'll eventually go to a third party cooler if the stock one is too noisy or whatever...)

MB: MSI H97M-G43
(Actually seems a good MB... Several high-end options (M.2, more PCIe Slots, albeit two of them 1x... Only doubt is that I just read somewhere that it has just 4 SATA ports, but this info seems to be wrong to me as I see it's 6 (And more than that using the M.2 to Sata option) on MSI site... Hope I'm not wrong... 4 would sufice anyway, but having a few more may be useful in the future...)

GPU: Embedded Intel HD 4400 (May go for an R7 260X ASUS in the future or whatever is out in a few months from now...)

SSD: Crucial 128GB MX100

Case: Silverstone Grandia GD04 Case (Fits best my HT System...)

IR System: Still have to gather info on this, but I'll do that soon...

I realize this took a different twist from what I initially planned (Intel i3 NUC or miniITX system...) but that's the way it usually goes when I start investigating something new, and while I' still considering the i3 Intel NUC an option if I decide to keep it simple, it will be either the NUC or, in the sake of future mods/improvements/longevity, the microATX system that Rene helped to define...

I know, initial overkill, but may grant a bit more logevity keeping some components from one build to another, if necessary...

Thanks a lot again, guys... great Forum!
Joe

#19,271 · (Edited)
MSI H97M-G43 has six SATA ports and all of them work unless you use an M.2 card that will disable two of them.

Just a note, you can't use a graphics card with taller heatpipes such as ASUS R7 260X DirectCU II with GD04.

#19,272 ·
Oh! I knew there was still something to consider carefully...
BTW, what's your suggestion for a comparable GPU that fits the GD04?

Would one of the other R7 260X incarnations out there with no protruding pipes be ok? 1GB or 2GB versions?

This is case I need to add one....

And thanks for the confirmation that, when no M.2 option is used, the MSI H93M-G43 has 6 SATA Ports...

Ciao!
Joe

#19,273 ·
Oh! I knew there was still something to consider carefully...
BTW, what's your suggestion for a comparable GPU that fits the GD04?

Would one of the other R7 260X incarnations out there with no protruding pipes be ok? 1GB or 2GB versions?

This is case I need to add one....
XFX should be good inside GD04.

#19,275 ·
Rene, I saw you many times recommened people to buy R7 260X card for their HTPCs. What is the most benefit of it? How to compare to things like HD-7770 or GeForce GT 730/740? (price/performance)
Thanks.
R7 260X is a rework of HD 7790. The basic performance is the same, with a couple of improvements (e.g. support for up to three HDMI displays).

GT 740 GDDR5 = GT 650, roughly equivalent to HD 7750, half the performance of R7 260X.

#19,277 ·
When 4K contents far away to come, do you think R7 260X and/or HD 7790 are overkill ones for current HTPCs? (save money to buy, save money to pay power bills) :D
The answer depends on the contents you play. For FHD contents, it's overkill. For SD and HD contents, it's not overkill but just a good choice.

#19,278 ·
rene,
Could madVR performance/capability be most simply broken down to # of graphics cores, at least on the AMD side, given all the model name/number sharing between HDxxxx and Rx yy0?
i.e. 256 cores enough for up to (x) level madVR at (x resolutions)
How integral is the VRAM interface? (ddr3 vs ddr5 for dgpus, system ddr speed for APUs)

Aside,
Opinions on the Kaveri A6 7400K? (dual steamroller core, 256 shader cores)?

#19,279 ·
Rene,

I am helping someone who is new to the world of HTPCs put together their first system. Here is what I plan on recommending. Please let me know if I should make any changes.

processor $47: Intel Celeron G1840 Haswell Dual-Core 2.8GHz

motherboard $135: ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac (this is the most affordable option I could find with integrated wifi and an M.2 slot, which should offer a lot of boot time and speed advantages)

memory $45: G.SKILL 2 x 2GB

Internal Blu-ray drive $40: LG UH12S30

Case including PSU (power supply unit) $55: APEX MI-008

M.2 drive for the OS $45: MyDigitalSSD 64GB

3.5" Hard drive $110: Western Digital WD Green 3TB

Remote Control (really just need it for the IR receiver, he will be using a Harmony) $9: USB PC WMC Remote

TOTAL: $486

This will be used exclusively for streaming video and for local blu-ray rips (1080p). He will be using Windows 8.1 and XBMC.

#19,280 ·
Rene,

I am helping someone who is new to the world of HTPCs put together their first system. Here is what I plan on recommending. Please let me know if I should make any changes.

processor $47: Intel Celeron G1840 Haswell Dual-Core 2.8GHz

motherboard $135: ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac (this is the most affordable option I could find with integrated wifi and an M.2 slot, which should offer a lot of boot time and speed advantages)

memory $45: G.SKILL 2 x 2GB

Internal Blu-ray drive $40: LG UH12S30

Case including PSU (power supply unit) $55: APEX MI-008

M.2 drive for the OS $45: MyDigitalSSD 64GB

3.5" Hard drive $110: Western Digital WD Green 3TB

Remote Control (really just need it for the IR receiver, he will be using a Harmony) $9: USB PC WMC Remote

TOTAL: $486

This will be used exclusively for streaming video and for local blu-ray rips (1080p). He will be using Windows 8.1 and XBMC.
Pretty solid. Nothing in there is overkill, and that processor can take care of the 1080 content. I tend to prefer 8 GB of RAM as a minimum, but there is no reason in this case to really go that high. Both Windows 8.1 and Kodi/XBMC can run just fine off of 2 GB.

As a simple, entry-level HTPC that will give your friend a good idea of what else could be possible, or to work as a simple streaming appliance, this should be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.