Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1 vs. Widescreen 1.78:1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-07-2007, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello:

Here is another random question for everyone. In VMC, I have certain DVDs which have an aspect ratio of Widescreen 1.78:1. This results in the picture filling my entire 58" widescreen. On the other hand, I also have DVDs with an aspect ratio of Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1. The problem with these DVDs is that they have black bars around all 4 corners of the picture (looks like ****).

There is no rhyme or reason as to which movies do this. Even newer releases (2000 - Present) can suffer from the @ 2.35:1 problem.

My question is this: Is there a way to set VMC to "zoom in" on those films having an aspect ratio of 2.35:1? Is there a way to fix the black bars? Please help... there has to be a solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-07-2007, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There's nothing to fix, this is the way the director intented to have you see the movie. If you want to watch the film zoomed or stretched you can always use your TVs aspect controls. I don't have VLC installed right now but I'm almost sure that by right clicking in the middle of the program ie. where the movie is playing, it will drop down a menu giving you a bunch of options one of which is aspect ratios

Be a fan of displays, not companies or technologies!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page