Forum Jump: 

post #3961 of 4443 Old 03-22-2009, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo123 View Post

Yeah. My hard drive just died. It really is difficult enough to have to reinstall Windows - back up everything. It shouldnt be so hard to get an installable copy of software Ive already purchased.

Just bad business as far as Im concerned.

Did you post on the Arcsoft user forum and see if Arcsoft Jason can help you? Obviously, you need electronic copies of your purchase receipts and such.

Jason might take some time to respond, they are about to roll out the new version of TMT, so they are all VERY VERY busy at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 4443 Old 03-22-2009, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytoronto View Post

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1853

Please open a support ticket with Arcsoft-- its a bug

I read your thread there and I noticed that you noticed it could be related to some trouble I was having (and possibly still have, haven't used TMT in a while). That's pretty worrying about the badly authored discs. If you read one of my latest posts in my threads, even the DTS-HD MA DEMO DISC of 2008 exhibited this behavior with two of its trailers. I guess the player can correct this, but the root of the problem seems to be the disc's authoring/encoding itself. Which would also mean that what I thought was a surefire way to avoid mapping/decoding shenanigans (bitstream) would probably not work with some AVRs without a firmware update.
post #3963 of 4443 Old 03-22-2009, 05:03 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

I read your thread there and I noticed that you noticed it could be related to some trouble I was having (and possibly still have, haven't used TMT in a while). That's pretty worrying about the badly authored discs. If you read one of my latest posts in my threads, even the DTS-HD MA DEMO DISC of 2008 exhibited this behavior with two of its trailers. I guess the player can correct this, but the root of the problem seems to be the disc's authoring/encoding itself. Which would also mean that what I thought was a surefire way to avoid mapping/decoding shenanigans (bitstream) would probably not work with some AVRs without a firmware update.

Interresting--
But i'm having hard time blaming 6 discs now from 3 diferent studios
They all play 7.1 with cyberlink PDVD8-- except for one.. You know, i haven't tried that disc yet after clean install of Vista, maybe works now too.

I believe the problem is the TMT decoder, i understand if 1 dics doesn't play-- read tons of reported issues with particular releases of certain discs, i could nenvr find reports on any of the dics i was using, in fact i couldn't find much after many hours of googling.
post #3964 of 4443 Old 03-23-2009, 05:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Go to the Arc Forum. It has limitations until it's live.

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #3965 of 4443 Old 03-23-2009, 05:43 PM

I just installed TMT and it works fine for LPCM sound when running directly through the software. When running under Vista 64 Media center I only get 2 channels.

Also should I see HDMI as one of the audio selections.

*** Ok figured it out, you have to press the "i" (more) button when running TMT in VMC. This brings up configuration menus that are independent from the stand alone settings. Once you configure 7.1 in that way it works with VMC.
post #3966 of 4443 Old 03-25-2009, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Just for S&G, I tried version 3 on my Hush PC. This is the one running XP outputting through an X1300 to both DVI>HDMI and VGA, and which when playing a DVD from the main title - but not when playing an individual .VOB - stalled every four seconds when displaying on the HDMI monitor, but not on the VGA. Similar problems occured on my Sony XL3 with NV7600, with Blu-Ray (and, for V2.127 thru V2.129, but not V2.126, DVD) stalling on HDMI but playing fine on Component.

The exact same problem continues to exist; I played back a video I made of V2 stalling side-by-side with a live playback of V3 and they are identical. So whatever problem existed within earlier versions continues to be present in Version 3. PowerDVD, WinDVD, WMP all play fine so it is definitely something TMT-specific.

At least this time I didn't make the mistake of paying Arcsoft before trying it out.
post #3967 of 4443 Old 03-27-2009, 11:09 AM

I recently installed TMT 3 and am trying to play DVD ripped to disk under Vista Media Center. The DVDs will not play under TMT but instead use the Vista default decoders. No problem with Blu-ray or ISO files.
post #3968 of 4443 Old 03-27-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmann View Post

I recently installed TMT 3 and am trying to play DVD ripped to disk under Vista Media Center. The DVDs will not play under TMT but instead use the Vista default decoders. No problem with Blu-ray or ISO files.

There is a setup or config menu in TMT3 which allows you to register media types with TMT3. If you register the DVD ones, it should become the default player.

Or so I would expect. I only added mkv.
post #3969 of 4443 Old 03-27-2009, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

How come it says I can't upgrade to TMT3 with my TMT2 serial number? I legally purchased it about a year ago.

EDIT: nm, I was using the activation code, not the serial number... It worked now...

TiVo is on it's way out - stream everything!
post #3970 of 4443 Old 03-27-2009, 04:26 PM

Update on my issue:

I wanted to let you know that Jason truly does believe in service and provided a solution for my issue! Thank you very much Arcsoft i look forward to doing business with you again after W7 comes out
post #3971 of 4443 Old 03-27-2009, 05:38 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugeroni View Post

Update on my issue:

I wanted to let you know that Jason truly does believe in service and provided a solution for my issue! Thank you very much Arcsoft i look forward to doing business with you again after W7 comes out

Same here - Jason got back to me and found a way for me to upgrade from TME to TMT 3.0.
post #3972 of 4443 Old 03-27-2009, 06:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

rugeroni: I meant:

A little Thxs at the Arc Forum. You had 16 replies and 500 plus views, Give Jason his rewards there too. You're on page 4 currently.

post #3973 of 4443 Old 03-28-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugeroni View Post

Update on my issue:

Jason is the bomb. Truely.

His participation on both the arcsoft forum and here was one of the leading factors in me moving to TMT. HD-DVD was the other leading factor.

Glad I made the switch.
post #3974 of 4443 Old 03-30-2009, 08:27 AM

Has HD-DVD support changed for ripped discs? I have version 2.1.6.129 installed. Just yesterday, when I tried to play a ripped HD-DVD (2001: A Space Oddessy), I got the error message "The Disc cannot be played." I subsequently tried this on all my HD-DVD rips, and they all did the same thing! These movies used to play, and the ripped files have not changed, so it seems like a newer version of TMT will not let me play these. I tried with AnyDVD turned on/off, but no difference.

Am I doing something wrong?
post #3975 of 4443 Old 03-30-2009, 08:47 AM
tsb
AVS Special Member

no problem here

vcd or dt?
post #3976 of 4443 Old 03-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondisdead View Post

Has HD-DVD support changed for ripped discs? I have version 2.1.6.129 installed. Just yesterday, when I tried to play a ripped HD-DVD (2001: A Space Oddessy), I got the error message "The Disc cannot be played." I subsequently tried this on all my HD-DVD rips, and they all did the same thing! These movies used to play, and the ripped files have not changed, so it seems like a newer version of TMT will not let me play these. I tried with AnyDVD turned on/off, but no difference.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have 2001 HD DVD and it works fine with TMT 2.1.6.129, AnyDVD 6.5.3.1 and VirtualCloneDrive 5.4.2.5. I'm mounting ISOs rather than playing from folders if that makes any difference!

post #3977 of 4443 Old 03-30-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salacious View Post

I have 2001 HD DVD and it works fine with TMT 2.1.6.129, AnyDVD 6.5.3.1 and VirtualCloneDrive 5.4.2.5. I'm mounting ISOs rather than playing from folders if that makes any difference!

I'm playing them from folders. Select the folder, it attempts to load, then the error. The rip is straight from AnyDVD Ripper, not compressed in any way. I will try with the actual disc, and maybe with an old version of TMT.
post #3978 of 4443 Old 03-30-2009, 12:33 PM
LPT

well folks I must being doing something right for a change, installed from purchase on-line the above ,after changing the cat' settings of the 4850 toxic not to support 3D and reinstalling some of the codecs TMT now integrates straight away when selecting VMC to play Blue Ray movie... next pain is figuring out how to get Mobo's line outs (3.5) jacks to connect to my 5.1 Amps RCA phono's input...anyone done this?
By the way PowerDVD Ultra 9 is very good But does not integrate with VMC it it will play B/R only from the windows icon... Cyber' confirmed to me today they had developed the software only to operate from windows.
post #3979 of 4443 Old 04-03-2009, 01:46 PM

Apologies if in the wrong thread... I run TotalMedia Theatre within MyMovies. Now MM doesn't yet support TMT Platinum with SimHD. However SimHD is ALSO released for TMT 2 (which does work with MM). Has anyone tried or does anyone know if you can install/run SimHD in TMT2 under MM without any issues or will installing SimHD break MyMovies? Thanks!
post #3980 of 4443 Old 04-04-2009, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPT View Post

well folks I must being doing something right for a change, installed from purchase on-line the above ,after changing the cat' settings of the 4850 toxic not to support 3D and reinstalling some of the codecs TMT now integrates straight away when selecting VMC to play Blue Ray movie... next pain is figuring out how to get Mobo's line outs (3.5) jacks to connect to my 5.1 Amps RCA phono's input...anyone done this?
By the way PowerDVD Ultra 9 is very good But does not integrate with VMC it it will play B/R only from the windows icon... Cyber' confirmed to me today they had developed the software only to operate from windows.

I'd be curious to here about your success playing back HDDVD's with your set up? I am thinking of migrating from PDVD...

As for the line outs, this should be quite straight forward, but first you will need to ensure that you select the corresponding output from within your sound card (or on board) GUI to be sure that it has 'speaker's ' selected as the output of choice.

I have onboard audio on my Gigabyte mobo and the Realtek GUI makes it very easy to select the analog output for sound. Within PDVD I select 8 speaker out and set my amp to accept external inputs and this works great.

Al
post #3981 of 4443 Old 04-04-2009, 07:32 PM

I have quick question if anybody can help me.
I have TMT2 and when i watch blu-rays, the sound cuts off randomly and it is really annoying. Then sometimes it will go back on and then cut off again. Anyone have this problem or know a fix for it?
post #3982 of 4443 Old 04-06-2009, 03:44 AM

Theologian,

Did you ever resolve this? Almost identical problems, if I skip to chapter 2 the movie will play .... BUT, with various hiccups throughout -- almost like a few of the chapter transitions aren't quite right and some audio hiccups. I am playing back via folders (rip of original HD DVD) from VMC and Media Browser.

My Configuration:

MB: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Rev. 2 F7 Bios
Video: Nvidia 9600 GSO with latest WQHL driver 182.08 DVI to HDMI
CPU: Intel E5200
Memory: 2GB
TMT .129 - 1080p 60Hz

hm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theologian View Post

The Problem:
If I skip to chapter 2, all is well, but if I start the movie anywhere before the end of chapter 1, TMT won't transition into chapter 2. After the prologue, when the word Transformers fades away, I can see the shadow of the helicopter (the beginning of chapter 2), then the picture freezes. I can continue to hear the copter for about 2 seconds, then everything is silent with the picture frozen. TMT itself is not completely frozen. It responds to Stop but not skipping forward. And I can exit the program without problems.

What I've tried:
(1) HA on and off makes no difference.
(2) Different audio settings made no difference.
(3) The disc is in pristine condition. No visible scratches. PDVD on the same machine with the same drive plays without issue. Washing/cleaning the disc made no difference. So I ruled out disc reading-related problems.
(4) I'm only playing 1080p at 60 Hz
(5) I don't have AnyDVD and I only play from the physical disc.
(6) This problem is perfectly reproducible on my machine for TMT from .126 to .129. I don't have access to earlier versions.
(7) Rebooting makes no difference.
(8) I have played approximately other 10 HD-DVDs and maybe 20 Blu-rays without noticeable issues, though I wasn't looking for any problems.
(9) Launching from VMC made no difference.

My configuration:
MB: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P Rev. 1.1 Latest Bios
Video: Nvidia 8600 GTS with latest WQHL driver 181.20 DVI to Hdmi
CPU: Intel E6750
Memory: 4GB
Optical Drive: LG GGC-H20L
TMT .129 beta

post #3983 of 4443 Old 04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Something new?
http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_p...ID=10713#10713

post #3984 of 4443 Old 04-10-2009, 01:38 AM

Hi

Have anybody tried the new update .130 if so have they fixed the stutter problem seen in 128 and .129.

Best Regards

Chewie1
post #3985 of 4443 Old 04-13-2009, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie1 View Post

Hi

Have anybody tried the new update .130 if so have they fixed the stutter problem seen in 128 and .129.

Best Regards

Chewie1

It stutters for me

I need to go and try and get the .126 installer now.

Links to previous installers: http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_p...&PID=5332#5332
post #3986 of 4443 Old 04-14-2009, 01:43 AM

Hi i wanted to try out the 3.0 version of Media Theatre but i have a major problem (WinXP Sp3 AMD X2 4200+) as soon as i try to start the application my pc resets ???
This is crazy i was shoked i deinstalled 3.0 then and installed the old 2.0 .113 trial and it worked no reset then i updated to .129 and it was still reseting ???????? (yep it's a hard reset like somebody pushed the reset switch no bsod crash, automatic reset on bsod is off)

Then i reinstalled and found that up to the .121 update it wasnt reseting starting with .125 it resets something major must have changed in the application start procedure that can cause heavy problems it seem not sure if someone else experienced the same ? or maybe someone has a idea what could cause the resets ?.
The System as such is stable i tried several stability tests ram,cpu everything is fine under full load. The last time i had such problems with a application was Securom it showed also these kind of strange behviours so Media Theatre seems to go very deep into the OS since the .125 update

Cyberlink and Corel Products work fine no resets there (PowerDVD/WinDVD)

My Mainboard is a Asrock Dual Sata 2 with ULI Chipset latest integrated 2.20 and AMD Processor drivers (amdk8.sys)

also with .119 i had problems with Threatfire saying the application tries to hide processes i set it on the exception list and its fine now (and yes i tried to deinstall threatfire but still PC resets starting with .125)

Not sure what i can do i fixed a lot of Application problems but dunno what the Chinese Coder doing here that the PC resets (interfering into the Kernel ???)

My Personal Opinion about this is NO Application should use Malware/Rootkit like strategies in it's normal running that is no clean coding but can cause trouble all over we saw it with the Securom disaster
post #3987 of 4443 Old 04-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
wrong thread...
post #3988 of 4443 Old 04-20-2009, 01:47 AM

I've been playing around with a Hauppauge HD PVR. Seems to work (at least most of the time) recording 1080i content via component inputs from my DVR.

When I use TMT in full screen mode to play back on my HDTV (also via component connectors - I haven't tried an HDMI cable from my video card to the HDTV), the video does not fill the screen. There are black bars above, below and to both sides of the image. The bars are not very wide, but I would expect the image to fill the entire HDTV.

I have 9800 GT video card utilized in dual monitor mode. I have noticed that when I make the HDTV the only monitor, the desktop does not fill the HDTV either. It has the same size black bars around the edge of the screen.

What am I missing? What settings are others using for their video cards? Perhaps there is some video card setting that I don't quite have right. It seems that playback of HD content should fill the HDTV screen just like when I play something back from my DVR.

Any thoughts on the matter would be welcome.
post #3989 of 4443 Old 04-20-2009, 01:51 AM

I am looking for a wiser/more experienced than myself.

I have been putting together my HTPC:

X3 8650
780G
4GB RAM
VISTA
AnyHD DVD
TotalMedia

When I try an run a HD DVD through TMT, I get a green line on the top of my LCD. When TMT is full screen or a small window, I get the same effect. I am running AnyHD DVD because my TV is not HCPC (HDMI) compliant. It is a cheap AWA 1366x768 LCD and was thinking that maybe the unusual resolution may have some thing to do with it? However Mediaportal works fine.

Any suggestions!

Cheers
post #3990 of 4443 Old 04-20-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macycat View Post

I've been playing around with a Hauppauge HD PVR. Seems to work (at least most of the time) recording 1080i content via component inputs from my DVR.

When I use TMT in full screen mode to play back on my HDTV (also via component connectors - I haven't tried an HDMI cable from my video card to the HDTV), the video does not fill the screen. There are black bars above, below and to both sides of the image. The bars are not very wide, but I would expect the image to fill the entire HDTV.

I have 9800 GT video card utilized in dual monitor mode. I have noticed that when I make the HDTV the only monitor, the desktop does not fill the HDTV either. It has the same size black bars around the edge of the screen.

What am I missing? What settings are others using for their video cards? Perhaps there is some video card setting that I don't quite have right. It seems that playback of HD content should fill the HDTV screen just like when I play something back from my DVR.

Any thoughts on the matter would be welcome.

HD content is generally shot with an aspect ratio of 16x9, like your tv. Most movies are filmed at a wider aspect ratio. 2.35:1 is a very common one. this results in the black bars. Search for "original aspect ratio" for a more thorough explination.

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page