post #4291 of 4443 Old 09-15-2010, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalsnuffy View Post

My HTPC is a slim design HP; a 90 pound weakling.

90 pound PC? That doens't seem too "slim" to me, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4292 of 4443 Old 09-15-2010, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong Chia View Post

I also use an SSD so there is no spin up power spike.

Quote:

Tong;

Wow, I am impressed that your system works so well with that power supply. I found multiple posts by other people having problems with the 5450 not booting up; all were blamed on power supplies or dead cards. I suppose it is possible that both the Powercolor and XFX cards I tried were bad; they both came from a similar ATI reference design (passive cooling).

Using an SSD may be key here. Spinning up HDDs are VERY power hungry.
____
Axel

post #4293 of 4443 Old 09-15-2010, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_Revenge View Post

90 pound PC? That doens't seem too "slim" to me, lol.

"90 pound weakling" is a term used to describe "the little guy". As in ... not a muscle bound guy.
post #4294 of 4443 Old 09-15-2010, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Tong;

Wow, I am impressed that your system works so well with that power supply. I found multiple posts by other people having problems with the 5450 not booting up; all were blamed on power supplies or dead cards. I suppose it is possible that both the Powercolor and XFX cards I tried were bad; they both came from a similar ATI reference design (passive cooling).

I am using the HIS 5550 passive. 1st card died after 36 hours while
running memtest so XFX and Powercolor are not alone.

To keep power consumption down I only attach the bare essentials
and in this case the only extra is the receiver for the Logitech DiNovo Mini.

Does your HP disable the internal graphics completely?
If you see it in windows it is still running.

The i3 GPU is a power pig and is on all the time.
I estimate it adds about 15-20W of load, significant if you have a small PSU
of 100W or less.

I use a P55 motherboard to make sure it never comes on.
post #4295 of 4443 Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

"90 pound weakling" is a term used to describe "the little guy". As in ... not a muscle bound guy.

Ah I see, didn't see the connecting PCs with people there at first...
post #4296 of 4443 Old 09-16-2010, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by salacious View Post

TMT3 only bitstreams from discs or disc folders (DVD or Blu-rays). If you play back a file it always decodes it

That's disappointing.
post #4297 of 4443 Old 09-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Anyone here get the TMT3 OEM via Xonar and had it crash on them everytime a blu-ray is put in? I've notice that a DVD from the HD or from the media plays fine but with 1-5 minutes of playing a blu-ray (even on the trailers and other crap) it blue screens.

Windows 7 32bit
xonar slim
EVGA 460 (OC)

My last attempt will be to just re-install the whole OS from scratch. I just got the 2 cards with an OS I installed in January and hasn't used since so I'm hoping that has something to do with it. But if anyone knows if this is some kind of deadly combination, I'd like to hear from you. Thanks.
post #4298 of 4443 Old 10-09-2010, 06:53 AM

Liked: 10
any know how i can change with TMT audio/subs tracks when watching a blu-ray or dvd on the fly with just 1 button (on my remote?).
post #4299 of 4443 Old 10-09-2010, 11:08 AM

Just started to use a program that looks like is going to work for me. Tried others with no success.

http://translate.google.fr/translate...ml&sl=fr&tl=en
post #4300 of 4443 Old 10-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I have had nothing but bad luck with the Arcsoft dvd player in the bundled version of Total media Extreme that with my Memorex drives. After install i'm asked to register which i do, the software will play a blu ray or hd dvd or even a regular 1 or 2 times then i will get a message asking me for a serial number otherwise no disc will play. I did get 2 replacement oem discs from arcsoft, but the same thing happens. Has anyone else had this problem? Makes me leery of spending $100.00 for the retail product. Run on Windows 7 and vista 32 and 64 bit machines, using variety of Ati and Nvidia cards--same results..............................
post #4301 of 4443 Old 10-11-2010, 04:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Usually with OEM software, Arcsoft can't do much to help (you have to go through Memorex). Have you tried downloading the trial directly from Arcsoft to see if you have the same problem?
post #4302 of 4443 Old 10-17-2010, 06:52 PM

DONT WAIST YOU MONEY WITH TOTAL MEDIA 3 FROM ARCHSOFT.

FIRST: THE PROGRAM WORK ONLY ON 2D BUT WHEN RENDERING ON 3D. THE COMPUTER GOES STATIC AND IN TIMES IT FREEZEZ.

SECOND: ARCHSOFT COSTUMER SERVICE ARE ONE OF THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN. THEY HOLD YOU AND HOLD YOU TILL YOU HAVE TO NO RIGHT FOR REFUND BY MAKING ESCUSES BY MAKING YOU BELIEVE THAT ARCHSOFT DEVELOPERS ARE WORKING WITH THE PROBLEM. IT'S BEEN OVER 2 MONTHS AND THEY HAVENT FIX DAMN THING. ON TOP OF ALL THAT (I REQUEST REFUND 2 WEEKS AFTER I GOT THE PROGRAM AND THEY BLEW ME OFF).i HAVE EMAIL COMFIRMATION OF THE TRANSSACTION. SO, NOW I HAVE NO WORKING PROGRAM AND LOST OVER 120.00 DOLLARS.

THIRD: MUST OF THERE COSTUMER SERVICE PEOPLE DONT SPEAK ANY ENGLISH. "BEWARE OF THE MONEY HUNGRY WOLF. DONT BELIVE THE PEOPLE ON SOME OF THE FORM SITES. THEY MAKE YOU BELIVE TOTAL MEADI WHEN IN REALITY IS TOTAL GARBAGE".

I MAY DOWNLOAD IT ONLINE FOR EVERYOPNE TO SEE. I HAVE NO ATTACHMENTS TO THIS LOSERS. TRY IT FIRST DONT BUY IT.
post #4303 of 4443 Old 10-17-2010, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddester View Post

FIRST: THE PROGRAM WORK ONLY ON 2D BUT WHEN RENDERING ON 3D. THE COMPUTER GOES STATIC AND IN TIMES IT FREEZEZ.

SECOND: ARCHSOFT COSTUMER SERVICE ARE ONE OF THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN. THEY HOLD YOU AND HOLD YOU TILL YOU HAVE TO NO RIGHT FOR REFUND BY MAKING ESCUSES BY MAKING YOU BELIEVE THAT ARCHSOFT DEVELOPERS ARE WORKING WITH THE PROBLEM. IT'S BEEN OVER 2 MONTHS AND THEY HAVENT FIX DAMN THING. ON TOP OF ALL THAT (I REQUEST REFUND 2 WEEKS AFTER I GOT THE PROGRAM AND THEY BLEW ME OFF).i HAVE EMAIL COMFIRMATION OF THE TRANSSACTION. SO, NOW I HAVE NO WORKING PROGRAM AND LOST OVER 120.00 DOLLARS.

THIRD: MUST OF THERE COSTUMER SERVICE PEOPLE DONT SPEAK ANY ENGLISH. "BEWARE OF THE MONEY HUNGRY WOLF. DONT BELIVE THE PEOPLE ON SOME OF THE FORM SITES. THEY MAKE YOU BELIVE TOTAL MEADI WHEN IN REALITY IS TOTAL GARBAGE".

I MAY DOWNLOAD IT ONLINE FOR EVERYOPNE TO SEE. I HAVE NO ATTACHMENTS TO THIS LOSERS. TRY IT FIRST DONT BUY IT.

You'll have to forgive me if I have a different opinion of TMT3 and Arcsoft. I've had nothing but good luck with this application and with Arcsoft customer support. .185 is rock solid on two different computers (an i3-530 machine and an Atom 330 machine).

Regarding your return: have you followed the instructions on the Arcsoft website?

http://www.arcsoft.com/en-us/return_policy.asp?id=

Regarding your application problems: what kind of troubleshooting have you done? What are the specs of the computer running it? Have you tried installing it on a different computer?
post #4304 of 4443 Old 10-17-2010, 08:16 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:

THIRD: MUST OF THERE COSTUMER SERVICE PEOPLE DONT SPEAK ANY ENGLISH.

Am I the only one who saw just a bit of irony in this?

And why all the yelling? Or is the caps lock key just stuck on?
post #4305 of 4443 Old 10-17-2010, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

And why all the yelling? Or is the caps lock key just stuck on?

post #4306 of 4443 Old 10-17-2010, 10:54 PM
EJ
AVS Special Member

Way to shoot out of the gate with your first post.

Former USSB uplink operator.
post #4307 of 4443 Old 10-17-2010, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

am i the only one who saw just a bit of irony in this? :d

and why all the yelling? Or is the caps lock key just stuck on?

iF YOUR IN AMURRICA YOU HAVE TO SPEAK ENGLISH BUT SPELLING IS FOR ELLITISTS.
post #4308 of 4443 Old 10-18-2010, 01:02 AM

While I don't agree with ciddester using all caps I am inclined to agree with his sentiment. Here is a post I made on the Media Browser forums:

Make sure you keep a copy of your ArcSoft software backed up somewhere as they will charge you $10US to download it again after 30 days of the purchase.

On Sunday last week I rebuilt my MC7 PC and logged onto the ArcSoft website hoping to download TMT3, I couldn’t find a link anywhere. Then I went into the “My Orders” section and it showed the two products I am licensed to use: TMT3 and SimHD. The details link to TMT3 takes me to my SimHD order and the SimHD link takes me to the SimHD order (yes, they both take me to the same place). Therefore there is no way to get to the TMT3 order, I assumed this was by design and ordered the “Extended download license” for $10US assuming it would unlock downloads for all the products I have licensed.

I assumed wrong, it only gave me access to the SimHD download. I then logged a job with ArcSoft in the hope that they would be able to give me a download link. It is now Friday (5 working days later) and I have sent multiple emails trying to explain my problem, each one getting more irate than the previous. And before anyone asks, yes, I have tried it in three different browsers with the same results. Similar discussions can be found here:

1. How can I reinstall TMT ?
2. Need to re-download software

I have friends who have offered me their installs but I have turned them down on principal. I don’t have high hopes of ArcSoft fixing this anytime soon.

This probably isn’t the best place for this discussion but ArcSoft lock (and maybe even delete) their discussion threads relating to this issue. I feel that there needs to be somewhere that isn’t controlled by ArcSoft where it can be discussed openly and considering the amount of people here who use TMT3 I thought I should at least warn you all.

They finally go back to me last week:
Well I finnaly have a “resolution”:

_____
Hello, Thank you for using our products and your reply. Regarding your issue, please provide your full shipping address and we will send a copy to you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and interest in our product.

Regards, ArcSoft Support
_____

So it took them almost two weeks to figure out they can’t fix whatever is wrong with my account. I am still waiting on my copy to arrive in the mail. Two friends gave me their copies to try but my key doesn't work as it must be asociated to an older version. The irony is they purchased TMT on my recommendation.
post #4309 of 4443 Old 10-18-2010, 05:49 AM
Advanced Member

I brought my HTPC back to life in the wake of nvidia and their ability to pass HD Audio. In the past TMT was my choice because PDVD was just troublesome. So natually after finding out that TMT3 had the 3d plug-in and the ability to play off the HD, I just went ahead and ugpraded (less than $50). But for some weird reason I can't get the app to play anything off of my external USB BD drive. It just kinda freezes. Not only that, I can't play any HD audio using a GTX 460.

So I downloaded a trial of PDVD 10 and everything just worked. 3D, Hd Audio, no crashing. I just said the hell with it and bought it. So I kinda understand that last rant to some degree but at least now I have the best of both worlds...
post #4310 of 4443 Old 10-18-2010, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 110
TMT3 was just not updated yet to support HD audio on the new NVIDIA cards. The cards are still somewhat new, especially the HTPC relevant models.
Its not like they claimed it would work. =)
post #4311 of 4443 Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

iF YOUR IN AMURRICA YOU HAVE TO SPEAK ENGLISH BUT SPELLING IS FOR ELLITISTS.

My point was intended to be somewhat tongue in cheek.

I realize that not everyone here speaks English as their native language, so I'm more than willing to forgive spelling errors, the wrong words being used, and phrasing errors (at least to a point). But if one is going to call a company out for not speaking English well, I think one looks rather silly when they butcher the language in the process.
post #4312 of 4443 Old 10-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

I have been using TMT3 since version .120, now using .185 with Win 7 Media Center. I use it along with an Xonar Slim for audio bitstreaming and get perfect Blu-Ray playback.

When I had a question about an earlier version I received a quick, timely and articulate response from their support. Also one of their techs participates in this forum. I have not had similar experiences with Cyberlink.

Based on your poor spelling, grammar and use of all capitals it would seem to me if you look in a mirror you would find the source of your problems.
post #4313 of 4443 Old 10-18-2010, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ROFL, nope I had a laugh at that too

Anyway nobody is going to take an all-caps rant seriously anyway I don't think.

Also if people think Arcsoft is bad they should try Cyberlink. LOL Cyberlink. Cyberlinke where the programmers all seem to be high on something and they do the weirdest crap all the time. Like they (nor anyone else) has ever explained (or fixed) why PDVD7 radomly skips ahead chapters if you have a Microsoft BT mouse and move it around at all when watching a movie. WTF is up with that?

Then they somehow go from PDVD7 to 10 in like what? Months? Okay maybe not that short but I have no idea how it got to 10 already. Oh 7 doesn't work right? Let's just make 8. Oh there are problems with that? Time for 9. Etc. Just keep skipping versions until you get it right while leaving the old versions broken/the way they are. And it's not free upgrades we're talking about there either.

Maybe Arcsoft is bad in some ways but they're certainly the lesser of the two evils IMO.
post #4314 of 4443 Old 10-18-2010, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My point was intended to be somewhat tongue in cheek.

umm, me too. happens a lot on youtube.
post #4315 of 4443 Old 10-18-2010, 11:27 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

umm, me too. happens a lot on youtube.

You forgot to include the smiley face then .
post #4316 of 4443 Old 10-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

I just purchased TMT3 (v3.0.1.180) and installed it on my HTPC, which runs Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I just got a BD-ROM drive, so I'm new to playing Blu-ray on my HTPC.

After installing TMT3, I loaded a Blu-ray in the drive. It plays, but it only supports stereo playback. I checked the audio settings in TMT and it sees my 8-channel sound card, but only offers headphone, 2-channel stereo or S/PDIF options. The list of options doesn't include 5.1 or 7.1, which my soundcard is capable of.

I decided to download and install the latest patch/update, so now I am running version 3.0.1.185. Unfortunately, things got worse, now it only offers S/PDIF.

My external soundcard/DAC is recognized by Windows 7 as a multichannel audio device and all other software applications such as Windows Media Player (or Media Center), foobar2000, J.River Media Center, VLC, etc., use it as an 8-channel (24-bit 96 kHz) audio device. After searching Arcsoft's forums for messages reporting similar problems, I discovered someone with a MOTU multichannel Firewire audio interface has the exact same problem. However, he originally downloaded the trial version, which included 5.1 and 7.1 options. He lost surround sound audio playback only after he downloaded the full "purchased" version of TMT3.

It looks like the vast majority of people are bitstreaming the audio over HDMI to their AVRs, so I can't find too many people with a similar setup to mine. Anyhow, I though it was worth posting here in case someone else has found a solution.

Gregg Plummer
Amplizone - a blog about the development of Amplio Audio's soundcard/amps
The Short History of Audio/Video Technology
post #4317 of 4443 Old 10-20-2010, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggplummer View Post

I just purchased TMT3 (v3.0.1.180) and installed it on my HTPC, which runs Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I just got a BD-ROM drive, so I'm new to playing Blu-ray on my HTPC.

After installing TMT3, I loaded a Blu-ray in the drive. It plays, but it only supports stereo playback. I checked the audio settings in TMT and it sees my 8-channel sound card, but only offers headphone, 2-channel stereo or S/PDIF options. The list of options doesn't include 5.1 or 7.1, which my soundcard is capable of.

I decided to download and install the latest patch/update, so now I am running version 3.0.1.185. Unfortunately, things got worse, now it only offers S/PDIF.

My external soundcard/DAC is recognized by Windows 7 as a multichannel audio device and all other software applications such as Windows Media Player (or Media Center), foobar2000, J.River Media Center, VLC, etc., use it as an 8-channel (24-bit 96 kHz) audio device. After searching Arcsoft's forums for messages reporting similar problems, I discovered someone with a MOTU multichannel Firewire audio interface has the exact same problem. However, he originally downloaded the trial version, which included 5.1 and 7.1 options. He lost surround sound audio playback only after he downloaded the full "purchased" version of TMT3.

It looks like the vast majority of people are bitstreaming the audio over HDMI to their AVRs, so I can't find too many people with a similar setup to mine. Anyhow, I though it was worth posting here in case someone else has found a solution.

What sound card and video card are you using? Is sound output cable connected to AVR/Amplifier or? If you provide more info we will try to help

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #4318 of 4443 Old 10-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post

What sound card and video card are you using? Is sound output cable connected to AVR/Amplifier or? If you provide more info we will try to help

The connection to my soundcard is FireWire and I use a FireWorks board from Echo Audio. It works with drivers for their AudioFire series of professional audio interfaces, like the AudioFire 8. It does not connect to an AVR. The output of my DACs are connected directly to amplifer modules. So I am not trying to pass a digital bitstream to an AVR through HDMI or S/PDIF. I am using the analog output from my audio interface (soundcard).

Like I said in my post, this audio interface works with everything else. Windows 7 recognizes it as an 8 channel, 24-bit, 192KHz capable device.

The video card I'm using is an XFX Radeon HD 4650. However, I will be upgrading this card to a Radeon 5770 series in a couple of days.

Gregg Plummer
post #4319 of 4443 Old 10-20-2010, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggplummer View Post

The connection to my soundcard is FireWire and I use a FireWorks board from Echo Audio. It works with drivers for their AudioFire series of professional audio interfaces, like the AudioFire 8. It does not connect to an AVR. The output of my DACs are connected directly to amplifer modules. So I am not trying to pass a digital bitstream to an AVR through HDMI or S/PDIF. I am using the analog output from my audio interface (soundcard).

Like I said in my post, this audio interface works with everything else. Windows 7 recognizes it as an 8 channel, 24-bit, 192KHz capable device.

The video card I'm using is an XFX Radeon HD 4650. However, I will be upgrading this card to a Radeon 5770 series in a couple of days.

OK when you go into the audio tab for TMT3 on the right side there is a pull down menu - usually defaults to original primary or something like that - you need to select PCM or something similar and then see what options you get above.

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #4320 of 4443 Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post

OK when you go into the audio tab for TMT3 on the right side there is a pull down menu - usually defaults to original primary or something like that - you need to select PCM or something similar and then see what options you get above.

Okay, I tried setting it to 'mix to uncompressed PCM' and that does not change my choices for output options. I still only get S/PDIF.

Using the Control Panel's 'Manage audio devices' option and selecting 'Analog out 1-8' in the list of devices displayed under the Playback tab of the Sound dialog box, I can then select 'Properties' to configure this device. Now within the 'Analog out 1-8 Properties' dialog, I can select the 'Advanced' tab and pick the 'Test' button for 8 channel, 24bit, 96000 HZ and the nice ding-a-ling sound is played sequentially in every speaker from channel 1 to 8. This plays in the order - front left, front right, front center, LFE, surround left, surround right, etc.

So Windows 7 treats this as an 8 channel multichannel device correctly.

Gregg Plummer
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page