Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 02:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Greetings

I installed the 15-day trial version - a lot more than 15 days ago - on my Vista 32-bit system and I just had it update itself to build 110 today. It still appears to work fine even though the trial period should be over.

It isn't asking me for a purchase or anything, and there's no selection in the Arcsoft reminder applet that lets me complete a purchase.

On the Arcsoft site there is an offer for a 30%-off purchase of trial software by entering a coupon code while purchasing from inside the software. It also says that discount can not be applied in their eStore (which is true, I've tried)

How can I complete the purchase from inside TMT so I can use the discount? Has anyone been able to successfully do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 03:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wouldn't advice buying it right now anyway. They seem to have a problem with their mailsystem. I've purchased the software 4 days ago with the 30% off and still have not received any mail from them. Read page 24 of this thread for details. It also seems impossible to register the software right now, because of that mail problem.
post #723 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 04:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Version 2.1.6.110 still does not offer GPU acceleration for DVD content.

This is something I would like to see implemented as I get better deinterlacing of intelaced DVD's from GPU than I get in software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap.T View Post

I wouldn't advice buying it right now anyway. They seem to have a problem with their mailsystem. I've purchased the software 4 days ago with the 30% off and still have not received any mail from them. Read page 24 of this thread for details. It also seems impossible to register the software right now, because of that mail problem.

Have you at any stage changed the name under personalised information, for example after a OS reinstall ?
If you have the activation code will not work.

It is not necessary to register to use the activation code.
post #724 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by politby View Post

Greetings

I installed the 15-day trial version - a lot more than 15 days ago - on my Vista 32-bit system and I just had it update itself to build 110 today. It still appears to work fine even though the trial period should be over.

It isn't asking me for a purchase or anything, and there's no selection in the Arcsoft reminder applet that lets me complete a purchase.

On the Arcsoft site there is an offer for a 30%-off purchase of trial software by entering a coupon code while purchasing from inside the software. It also says that discount can not be applied in their eStore (which is true, I've tried)

How can I complete the purchase from inside TMT so I can use the discount? Has anyone been able to successfully do this?

The trial period may recommence with each update although this would be rather odd, particurally if updates are fortnightly or less.

To purchase with the 30% discount straight away an alternative to waiting for the trial period to end is to remove the registry entries listed on the previous page of this thread to terminate the trial period early.
post #725 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 04:59 AM
Advanced Member

What is that code you have to enter to get the 30% off?
post #726 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmithdtv View Post

Have you at any stage changed the name under personalised information, for example after a OS reinstall ?
If you have the activation code will not work.

It is not necessary to register to use the activation code.

I didn't personalise the software till I actually bought it a few days ago. So there should not be a problem with that.

I know that you don't have to register to use the activation code but you have to register to contact their support. I filled out the registration form ArcSoft Connect. At the end the form told me I would get an email with the registration details and a link to confirm the registration. I never got that mail. And I never received a order confirmation either. So something must be wrong with their email system.
post #727 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 06:25 AM

Guys,

anyone else had this problem?

- I downloaded and installed the latest trial - did the whole register thing etc. I already have PDVD and TheaterTek installed on my P4 2.8, 1 GB Ram, XP SP2, ATI 2600 Pro AGP machine.

- It plays DVDs OK, but with either BD or HDDVD I get nothing, but the timeline moves along as if playing the disc, and it actually shows the OSD that is "play", "stop" etc. It even shows up teh disc in the information tab. The final crazy thing is that if I click on the capture icon I can actually see an image from the film!!

- All this but no vid / audio!!

Any ideas?

Cheers
post #728 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpowell5 View Post

I keep seeing references to TMT downsampling HD Audio but I cannot find any direct reference to this.

Can somebody please post the definitive word on this?

Thanks,

No response to that question? I'd love to see a summary of what TMT does with the various soundtracks found on HD DVDs and Blu-Ray disks, for analog and digital outputs (HDMI, SPDIDF), respectively.

Someone over at a local forum here in Sweden did a test with all the 4 HD disc capable players (TMT, PDVD, WinDVD 9, Nero) playing all the main soundtrack formats, but the result was inconclusive because some of them appear to show the input format rather than the output format and even for the same track from the same disc they all showed wildly different results.

So, does TMT downsample or not? If it does, with which formats does it do so and for which output formats? Which HD formats is it capable of decoding and, respectively, bitstreaming?

I'd think this would be clearly specified on the Arcsoft web site, but there is no clear information at all there...
post #729 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 07:22 AM

Ok, after about 10 pages, I'm skipping to then end... I haven't used this product yet, but I'm kind of unhappy with PowerDVD in that it doesn't seemlessly integrate with MCE.

But this part from their page gets me:

Quote:

Windows Media Center Edition Plug-in
The program comes with a Windows Media Center Edition plug-in built right in! The plug-in provides a "10 foot" user experience: big buttons and compatibility with your remote control mean you can use TotalMedia Theatre to watch your HD DVD and Blu-ray movies from the comfort of your couch.

People tried this? If this works where I don't have to leave the MCE interface to have PowerDVD start "behind" MCE, then this already has a big leg up IMHO, and problems can be negotiated.

Serious Wife Acceptance Factor if the above "works"
post #730 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Regarding the activation code, I understand it is very "name-specific", but is it, like MS's OS activations, hardware specific? If I install it today and try to move it to another Motherboard/Processor a month from now, will I need to get a new license?

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #731 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpebcac View Post

Ok, after about 10 pages, I'm skipping to then end... I haven't used this product yet, but I'm kind of unhappy with PowerDVD in that it doesn't seemlessly integrate with MCE.

But this part from their page gets me:

People tried this? If this works where I don't have to leave the MCE interface to have PowerDVD start "behind" MCE, then this already has a big leg up IMHO, and problems can be negotiated.

Serious Wife Acceptance Factor if the above "works"

Yes, it does work very well (if not perfectly) with my Vista MCE. It autostarts when a disc is inserted, it's controllable with the MCE remote, and it inserts a "Play BD/HD DVD" entry in the Media Center menu.

This is easily the deciding feature with TMT for me right now. I do not have a single problem with it, now if we could only settle the HD audio downsampling subject as well...
post #732 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 08:13 AM

Yep. It took me two seconds to try it, to see that the remote worked and that it pops back to the menus, etc. and I knew that despite other issues I'll work on, this is something that will be acceptable to the wife. Everything else is MINOR in comparison to that.
post #733 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 08:15 AM

Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by politby View Post

Yes, it does work very well (if not perfectly) with my Vista MCE. It autostarts when a disc is inserted, it's controllable with the MCE remote, and it inserts a "Play BD/HD DVD" entry in the Media Center menu.

This is easily the deciding feature with TMT for me right now. I do not have a single problem with it, now if we could only settle the HD audio downsampling subject as well...

:O

I am going to buy this thing! WOW!

I do have a question, if I put it on my current PC, then upgrade it (complete rebuild), can I reinstall it with the came code? I want to get the 30% off, but do not have all my parts yet.

BTW, what is the 30% off code?
post #734 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

there's a button up above somewhere called "Search"...

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #735 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I hope this helps some of you. If you purchase the software from their website (not through the software), they will send you a link to download the software from their server. This has activation already built in. You can then install it on multiple computers.

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
post #736 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 10:34 AM

Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhite View Post

there's a button up above somewhere called "Search"...

You are a poopie head! How am I EVER going to remain the lazy, worthless person I am if you force me to do things for myself.

Have you no care? Why are you so mean?

BTW, for others who wish to remain as I wished to be:

http://www.arcsoft.com/support/downl...troversion.asp

Everything is there.

post #737 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

I am a little bummed. I could not get it to run on a Vista machine running the ASUS 780G chipset (Radeon HD 3200). PowerDVD works fine but the MCE integration is nill. I called Arcsoft tech support but they could not help me other than to say it was probably an ATI driver problem. The driver version appears to be version 7.xxxxx, hence the other thread I starting asking whether I could install the radeon drivers from the ATI website.

SYMPTOM: When I insert a disc Blueray disc is simply does not play, but unlike Donnacha's machine, the clock does not move along as if it were playing.
post #738 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post

I hope this helps some of you. If you purchase the software from their website (not through the software), they will send you a link to download the software from their server. This has activation already built in. You can then install it on multiple computers.

But that means no discount, doesn't it?
post #739 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 11:55 AM

What drivers are you using on your 780G? I got it setup on a 780G with no issues, 8.3 Catalyst, using the latest "demo" download I pulled down today, came right up, worked right off the bat.. have you updated to the latest BIOS, newest drivers, etc.?
post #740 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I have not been able to play "I, Robot" on Arcsoft with AnyDVD removing BD+. Kinda sucks.

Also, any word on the shortcuts or hotkeys such as pop-up and info?
post #741 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I've read through a bunch of pages and I still can't figure it out - does the ArcSoft player work well for ripped BD ISO's or not?

What's the current state - does it play HD audio tracks (even as LPCM)?

TiVo is on it's way out - stream everything!
post #742 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post

Also, any word on the shortcuts or hotkeys such as pop-up and info?

In the Help files there is a list of the hotkeys.
post #743 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 06:29 PM

Well, the other issues, like audio and a few fixes (so far it hasn't not played a blueray I've thrown at it) can be resolved.. but this is the first time the wife "gets" the MCE, and isn't commenting about "this is too much like a PC".

The whole integration with MCE is the trick - I can wait for them to resolve some other issues, but the ease of use factor is all that it really takes when you've got to satisfy people
post #744 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 07:14 PM

I bought the LG ggc-h20l combo drive with the included powerdvd software and did all the updates and it would start to play a HD movie for about 5 secs the slow to a crawl.; Wrote their tech support and that was a joke. Tried different drivers for my video card and everything still wouldn't work!!! I had TMT 15 day trial install before I bought the drive and I restored my system to a 'previous" point and reinstalled the trial again and both blu-ray and HD-DVD's work flawlessly!!!. Don't really want to purchase the software, but if it works, I may have to put down $90.00...
post #745 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Any news if the intel video chipsets are going to be supported?

Thanks

FOR SALE/TRADE: Sony VPL-W200/new spare bulb less than 220 hours on projector like new!!!!!!
Looking for 9" crt in like condition.
post #746 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 11:17 PM
tsb
AVS Special Member

does 110 work on x64?
post #747 of 4448 Old 03-29-2008, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

since Arcsoft said, long ago, that they don't intend to support 64 bit OS's, I doubt it

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #748 of 4448 Old 03-30-2008, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnacha View Post

Guys,

anyone else had this problem?

- I downloaded and installed the latest trial - did the whole register thing etc. I already have PDVD and TheaterTek installed on my P4 2.8, 1 GB Ram, XP SP2, ATI 2600 Pro AGP machine.

- It plays DVDs OK, but with either BD or HDDVD I get nothing, but the timeline moves along as if playing the disc, and it actually shows the OSD that is "play", "stop" etc. It even shows up teh disc in the information tab. The final crazy thing is that if I click on the capture icon I can actually see an image from the film!!

- All this but no vid / audio!!

Any ideas?

Cheers

A little update - without doing anything I'm now getting sound, but no video. However I get a snapshot of the video if I click the capture icon, I can see a still!!
post #749 of 4448 Old 03-30-2008, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap.T View Post

I didn't personalise the software till I actually bought it a few days ago. So there should not be a problem with that.

I know that you don't have to register to use the activation code but you have to register to contact their support. I filled out the registration form ArcSoft Connect. At the end the form told me I would get an email with the registration details and a link to confirm the registration. I never got that mail. And I never received a order confirmation either. So something must be wrong with their email system.

I tried registering for their forum several days ago but I too have received no email reply to complete the process.
post #750 of 4448 Old 03-30-2008, 04:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
A warning to those with ATI cards: If you download version 110, you will need to install the Cat 8.3 drivers or you will get a black screen when playing discs.

At least I had to...... (ATI HD3780)

Vern
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page