Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 02:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No problem playing BU in TMT here.

I think there's something blocking internet access for TMT on your pc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by politby View Post

Ah, maybe that explains it. How can I now get that file recreated?

If the files still in your recycle bin just undelete it, otherwise your going to have to rip the movie again.
post #903 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Asus P5K premium
Q6600
2Gb Crucial ballistix
Couple of samsung spinpoints
Powercolor Radeon HD3870
Sondigo callisto
LG combo drive
Vista Home premium
AnyDVD HD

I bought TMT yesterday.
So far the picture and audio quality are better than PDVD. It also played 3.10 to Yuma which PDVD never managed.

A couple of foibles: I can't adjust the video settings using hardware acceleration. I have to adjust them under the CCC settings instead : save profile and switch to it as required.

If I disable hardware acceleration I can adjust the video controls in TMT. However I get stutter and dropped frames ( odd for a Q6600 I think).

If I select anything other than 60Hz refresh ( using a panny plasma and a JVC HD1 projector) I get stutter. (I'm not happy with cat 8.3 and Vista at anything other than 60Hz to be honest: I suspect Vista or the cat driver just doesn't like anything other thna 60Hz).

The good news is that 60Hz with TMT gives me that snappy solid picture quality I've been missing with my HTPC so far.

I'd rather have more accurate refresh rates (24 ,50,72 depending on display)so I'm playing around with Reclock but so far I'm unconvinced it works at all with Vista.

TMT and 60Hz is still so far the happiest I've been with my latest HTPC.

digital film janitor
post #904 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 08:23 AM

In the post described earlier about deleting the file 001.xpl to play certain iso rips this did not work for me with eastern promises. It worked for playback on PDVD but did not with TMT. TMT booted up with just a black screen and stayed that way. Any ideas why PDVD played and not TMT.

Thanks for your help in advance
post #905 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flu!d View Post

No problem playing BU in TMT here.

I think there's something blocking internet access for TMT on your pc.

Ok , I know this must have something to do with me , but I need help getting TME to work. I purchased the FULL version yesterday. BEFORE the purchase , I did a re-install of Vista ULT. from cd. I then downloaded all Vista updates. Then did reinstall of my MSI nx8500gt card with newest drivers. Also did my z565 HP updates. Restarted after each set. AFTER all this I installed my full TME software. It installed fine and intergrated with VMC well. I did the TME check(like Cyber Advisor) , which indicated everything was good and working. I restarted , then opened TME , selected play HD-DVD and inserted "300" video disc. Pressed 'play' and nothing much happened. I tried TME inside VMC and the same thing happened. No errors , just search indicator and then nothing. Well , I spent 3 hours doing all this over and over. Did an UNINSTALL and RE-INSTALL . Same thing happens. I was able to register my install key at ARCSOFT and set-up my account and password. Bit I am unable to get passed the TMT menu. The most I get is a flicker , where the display will resize slightly , but then nothing.

After all this , I installed PowerDVD OEM from my new LG combo drive. Ran the set-up , installed as prompt , restarted and opened PowerDVD Hi-Def Suite. Inserted same disc ('300') and it plays fine. I'm at a loss , ,given so many had good luck with TMT

Thanks
Paul
post #906 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPGPAUL View Post

Ok , I know this must have something to do with me , but I need help getting TME to work. I purchased the FULL version yesterday. BEFORE the purchase , I did a re-install of Vista ULT. from cd. I then downloaded all Vista updates. Then did reinstall of my MSI nx8500gt card with newest drivers. Also did my z565 HP updates. Restarted after each set. AFTER all this I installed my full TME software. It installed fine and intergrated with VMC well. I did the TME check(like Cyber Advisor) , which indicated everything was good and working. I restarted , then opened TME , selected play HD-DVD and inserted "300" video disc. Pressed 'play' and nothing much happened. I tried TME inside VMC and the same thing happened. No errors , just search indicator and then nothing. Well , I spent 3 hours doing all this over and over. Did an UNINSTALL and RE-INSTALL . Same thing happens. I was able to register my install key at ARCSOFT and set-up my account and password. Bit I am unable to get passed the TMT menu. The most I get is a flicker , where the display will resize slightly , but then nothing.

After all this , I installed PowerDVD OEM from my new LG combo drive. Ran the set-up , installed as prompt , restarted and opened PowerDVD Hi-Def Suite. Inserted same disc ('300') and it plays fine. I'm at a loss , ,given so many had good luck with TMT

Thanks
Paul

Are you using TotalMedia Extreme? I don't think the update for TME is out yet. You can't just update TMT with the full package.
post #907 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeZ06 View Post

In the post described earlier about deleting the file 001.xpl to play certain iso rips this did not work for me with eastern promises. It worked for playback on PDVD but did not with TMT. TMT booted up with just a black screen and stayed that way. Any ideas why PDVD played and not TMT.

Thanks for your help in advance

What happens when you just rip and not convert to iso.
post #908 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 09:01 AM

TMT is unable to play the movie from just the harddrive folder also. I am clueless....
post #909 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post

Asus P5K premium
Q6600
2Gb Crucial ballistix
Couple of samsung spinpoints
Powercolor Radeon HD3870
Sondigo callisto
LG combo drive
Vista Home premium
AnyDVD HD

I bought TMT yesterday.
So far the picture and audio quality are better than PDVD. It also played 3.10 to Yuma which PDVD never managed.

A couple of foibles: I can't adjust the video settings using hardware acceleration. I have to adjust them under the CCC settings instead : save profile and switch to it as required.

If I disable hardware acceleration I can adjust the video controls in TMT. However I get stutter and dropped frames ( odd for a Q6600 I think).

If I select anything other than 60Hz refresh ( using a panny plasma and a JVC HD1 projector) I get stutter. (I'm not happy with cat 8.3 and Vista at anything other than 60Hz to be honest: I suspect Vista or the cat driver just doesn't like anything other thna 60Hz).

The good news is that 60Hz with TMT gives me that snappy solid picture quality I've been missing with my HTPC so far.

I'd rather have more accurate refresh rates (24 ,50,72 depending on display)so I'm playing around with Reclock but so far I'm unconvinced it works at all with Vista.

TMT and 60Hz is still so far the happiest I've been with my latest HTPC.

Welcome to the club.

I don't think ATI and TMT play together that well. I have an 8600gts Nvidia card and can't adjust video with HA checked, works fine unchecked and don't get any stuttering. Have you tried different refresh rates with Aero turned off?
post #910 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWikiera View Post

Are you using TotalMedia Extreme? I don't think the update for TME is out yet. You can't just update TMT with the full package.

Yes , EXTREME. Would you know if updates are for ALL Hi-Def videos? I tried sveral HD & BLU RAY dvds , but nothing works. Thing is , the 'checker' tells me I'm able to view HD & BLU RAY. This is killing me.
post #911 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 09:11 AM
tsb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPGPAUL View Post

Thanks
Paul

same problem here, got a refund already
something is definitely fubared
post #912 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Just for more fun , I downloaded TMT Trial separately. Did the whole install , restart , opened TMT , got some online updates automatically. restarted , opened TMT , inserted same disc that is playing in PowerDVD OEM , and NOTHING!. I don't get it. I have HP z565 DEC , Vista Ultimate w/ 4gb ram , all updates , new NVidia nx8500gt card , new LG HD/BD combo drive. BOUGHT the FULL Extreme version , and still cannot watch a HiDef dvd video. Can't get passed 'play'.

Anyone have any tips before I give up
post #913 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 10:27 AM

Do a right click and bring up the menu. Click on the root menu and it should play.
post #914 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 10:27 AM
AVS Club Gold

Are you using Vista 64?

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #915 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

Welcome to the club.

I don't think ATI and TMT play together that well. I have an 8600gts Nvidia card and can't adjust video with HA checked, works fine unchecked and don't get any stuttering. Have you tried different refresh rates with Aero turned off?

Aero is off. Tried multiple refresh rates. stutter only goes with 60hz and then I get repeat frame judder but at least its unobjectionable. Same deal with both displays and the both worked fine with my older htpc using ideal refresh rates.

digital film janitor
post #916 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_Rider View Post

Do a right click and bring up the menu. Click on the root menu and it should play.

Using Vista Ult. 32 bit. Will not recognize any disc(HD/BD) , so I cannot get that far. It did show the title of 1 disc , but nothing past that. I even downloaded AnyDvd , which does recognize a disc in drive and states removing protection.. Once again , PowerDVD oem plays instantly.

It's a shame . I really like the layout of TM Extreme/TMT. There has got to be a good reason for this not working.
post #917 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 12:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Try different drivers, if you're at beta 174, back up to 169 or 163
And you did reboot after TMT installation ?
Also, Anti Virus/Spyware programs affect playback.
Audio is touchy on mine, Analog on card and TMT. If I have Analog on card and spdif on TMT, won't play

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #918 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks to everyone for their help with TMT, Windows XP and ATI cards. I was running Catalyst 8.43 (7.11 hotfix) from Visiontek and a AGP 2600 XT card when I installed the TMT trial. When I tried to view a HD-DVD movie via my XBox HD-DVD drive hooked to my HTPC, I didn't get a picture but I did get stuttering sound and Windows Task Manager showed over 90% CPU usage even though I had hardware accelration turned on. I then upgraded to Catalyst 8.453 from the Visiontek web site and tried again. This time I got a picture but with slowdown and heavy stuttering and the audio stuttering continued as well. Again Windows Task Manager showed over 90% CPU usage on my 3.2 ghz P4. So I guess in my case TMT doesn't work with ATI cards and hardware acceleration under Windows XP.
post #919 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Try stepping down to 8.3 drivers.

http://www.arcsoft.com/support/downl...tches_menu.asp

2.1.6.110 is the latest driver for TMT.
post #920 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 05:52 PM

Turn off your ant-virus before starting install! NOD32 sees 2 files as viruses and the program will not work because it does not have these 2 files.

The program is not made for x64 Windows. Do not purchase this program if you are running x64.

Other than that:

I like this program very much. PowerDVDU will only be used as my backup from now on. If it was not for MKV files and my need for Aspect Ratio adjustments I would probably not even need MPC. The quality of the picture is that good.
post #921 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 07:09 PM

I don't believe you have to do this only before the install, but also before updating. If you continue the install when it does hang or if you do a complete virus scan using NOD32, NOD32 will quarantine the files but you just need to remove the files from quarantine to permit TMT to work normally.

michael
post #922 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 07:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembrandt1 View Post

Other than that:

I like this program very much. PowerDVDU will only be used as my backup from now on. If it was not for MKV files and my need for Aspect Ratio adjustments I would probably not even need MPC. The quality of the picture is that good.

I agree. The quality is so fabulous on this program that I am re-working some of my setup so that it will function properly until they patch it up.

My new HTPC server currently has a 3650 card, but now that I have had to use Vista to recognize the full RAID set, I will replace this card at once with an NVidia solution instead, as TMT plays nicer with NVidia under Vista.

Also, my existing HTPC silent "client" is currently G35-based. I will be replacing the motherboard with the G45 variant as soon as it comes out, as it has full hardware decode, which I "suspect" will mean that TMT will play nicer with it than we are currently seeing with the G35.

Apart from the issues, I feel that TMT is the best HTPC playback option around - once you have hardware that it likes...
post #923 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Okay, I just bought Arcsoft TMT.

Something is wrong - the picture looks like a DVD re-encode! What the hell?

It looks like DVD resolution + Edge Enhancement.

I'm using an NVIDIA 8800GT with the 174.74 drivers.

Any ideas? Or is everyone who purchased this software deluded?
post #924 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanvil View Post

I don't believe you have to do this only before the install, but also before updating. If you continue the install when it does hang or if you do a complete virus scan using NOD32, NOD32 will quarantine the files but you just need to remove the files from quarantine to permit TMT to work normally.

michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembrandt1 View Post

Turn off your ant-virus before starting install! NOD32 sees 2 files as viruses and the program will not work because it does not have these 2 files.

The program is not made for x64 Windows. Do not purchase this program if you are running x64.

Other than that:

Thank-you. I think this makes the most sense. Has to be a good reason for the problem . I'll give this a try a.s.a.p.
post #925 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Can anyone who went through the refund process let me know how to do it? The customer support section mentions it but I can't actually find the refund process page. D'oh!

I should have followed my instincts and stuck with MPC for playback, and make my own subtitles.
post #926 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxleung View Post

Okay, I just bought Arcsoft TMT.

Something is wrong - the picture looks like a DVD re-encode! What the hell?

It looks like DVD resolution + Edge Enhancement.

I'm using an NVIDIA 8800GT with the 174.74 drivers.

Any ideas? Or is everyone who purchased this software deluded?

I'll just add that I was forced to use my oem version of PowerDVD until I get MY TMT working. HD-DVD '300' looked like my $79 Panasonic playing the DVD for Blockbuster. I know this movie has strange imaging to begin with , but still pretty bad for Hi-Def . But than I played 'King Kong' HD and it was spectacular. Best picure I've seen via video on my DLP tv. So there is hope.

Just want to get TME/TMT working
post #927 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 09:30 PM
tsb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxleung View Post

Can anyone who went through the refund process let me know how to do it? The customer support section mentions it but I can't actually find the refund process page. D'oh!

I should have followed my instincts and stuck with MPC for playback, and make my own subtitles.

You need to e-mail Element 5 with your order/reference number and tell them the problem, your name and your e-mail address

they will send you an e-mail saying they will talk to Arcsoft to resolve the issue and then in another day or so you get your refund

I wish someone would make a player that just plain play everything without question, hopefully Slysoft can come through

Quote:

To request a refund for your Electronic Software Download (ESD), please visit the Element 5 Customer Care Center or the AskNet Support Center . These companies handle our order fulfillment and your purchase confirmation email contains the appropriate contact information. In your refund request, you need to include your name, email address, and the reference code of your purchase, and the reason for the return. The reference code can be found in the purchase confirmation email. In order to process your refund, you will be asked to delete all ESD files. Additionally, you will be asked to a sign a Letter of Compliance verifying that you have done so, and to return the Letter either by fax or postal mail before you receive your refund.

I never got asked about that letter at the end and they said the refund will be on my next statement, so I don't think they are doing that.
post #928 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member

For these examples, I played the ratings screen from the first preview trailer on the 3:10 to Yuma Blu-ray disc. The file is 00085.m2ts.

The monitor resolution was 1680x1050 (sorry, no 1080p testing yet...).

I can only conclude that arcsoft is applying a slight filter to the picture. It is MUCH worse with hardware acceleration enabled, when coupled with my 8800GT. Using the 110 version of Arcsoft TMT. The last screenshot was made in Media Player Classic 1.1.0.4 (custom build - doesn't matter).

To be fair, a slight sharpening filter is being used by MPC. I'll disable that next time. EDIT: I did - MPC is still far and away the sharpest - even using standard bilinear scaling.

Screengrab of a ratings warning taken from Arcsoft Total Media Theater software, played at 1680x945 resolution.

Using an NVIDIA 8800GT, with hardware acceleration disabled:

Screengrab of a ratings warning taken from Arcsoft Total Media Theater software, played at 1680x945 resolution.

Using an NVIDIA 8800GT, with hardware acceleration ENABLED. Notice how much worse the quality is!

Screengrab of a ratings warning taken from Media Player Classic software, played at 1680x1080 resolution.

Using Cyberlink h264 decoder, on an NVIDIA 8800GT with DXVA:

post #929 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

Just did a restore and it works again...I noticed the only thing that had changed on my system was AnyDVD had an update. I haven't tried the update again though to see if that was the problem.

Did you get rid of this problem completely? I keep having this problem turn up. An exit/restart of Media Center sometimes cures the problem, sometimes I have to reboot. I will be able to play, say, a .WMV video, then afterwards some of the video thumbnails are gone from the library views and no other video will play.

As I said in an earlier post, I even did a fresh Vista install with only the barest minimum of video/codec software and my only conclusion is that TMT is the culprit since the problem appears after it is installed.
post #930 of 4443 Old 04-06-2008, 11:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
maxleung, are you able to use the Arcsoft filters in MPC? And if so, it there a difference?

Also, it looks like your contrast/brightness settings are different between the Arcsoft and Cyberlink filters. The "black" bars are greyer on the MPC/Cyberlink shot.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page