post #1411 of 4430 Old 05-20-2008, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab View Post

Exactly. Ergo, you pretty much need it for any software player. Just buy it, it's well worth it.

Here's a novel concept... Why don't the 'soft-player' vendors (TMT) code an application that works from the get-go? PDVD seems to have figured it out. Is it checking the internet to validate the HDCP scheme for new keys, or whatever else it needs to playback a hi-def disc? How do the dedicated HW players do it ? I'm still confused. Just because application x is 'worth it', doesn't mean I should have to buy it to get package y working.

redjr...
Pioneer Elite - A-20, DV-79AVi, BDP-HD1, SC-05

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 4430 Old 05-20-2008, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have run TMT on my HTPC on my previous 32bit XP install and I am now running TMT on my new Vista install, and I have never once had a problem with cmpatibility issues, sound issues, video issues or stability issues....The program has just installed, updated and run as it should with superb sound and PQ.

I have since uninstalled PowerDVD 7 and 8 from my system as I find TMT to be a nicer piece of software to use.

My HTPC is based around an Intel Core2 Q6600, Nvidia 8600GT 512 HDCP, SoundBlaster X-Fi, 2 GB Geil ram, Pioneer BD drive, XBox HDDVD drive, Vista 32bit ultimate edition.

Don't know what others are doing wrong?
post #1413 of 4430 Old 05-20-2008, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Quote:
Originally Posted by flu!d View Post

I have run TMT on my HTPC on my previous 32bit XP install and I am now running TMT on my new Vista install, and I have never once had a problem with cmpatibility issues, sound issues, video issues or stability issues....The program has just installed, updated and run as it should with superb sound and PQ.

I have since uninstalled PowerDVD 7 and 8 from my system as I find TMT to be a nicer piece of software to use.

My HTPC is based around an Intel Core2 Q6600, Nvidia 8600GT 512 HDCP, SoundBlaster X-Fi, 2 GB Geil ram, Pioneer BD drive, XBox HDDVD drive, Vista 32bit ultimate edition.

TMT does have sound issues with anolog connections. The Channels are mapped wrong in many cases. I have 4 installs, all with the same issue. Probm ticket is still open with Arcsoft support.

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
post #1414 of 4430 Old 05-20-2008, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flu!d View Post

You, my friend, are one of the lucky ones.. Count your lucky stars.

redjr...

post #1415 of 4430 Old 05-20-2008, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjr View Post

Here's a novel concept... Why don't the 'soft-player' vendors (TMT) code an application that works from the get-go? PDVD seems to have figured it out. Is it checking the internet to validate the HDCP scheme for new keys, or whatever else it needs to playback a hi-def disc? How do the dedicated HW players do it ? I'm still confused. Just because application x is 'worth it', doesn't mean I should have to buy it to get package y working.

To be fair, a lot of this is about the rediculous DRM nonsense. The players are doing their best, but it's a lot easier to just defeat the DRM.

I blame the DRM, not the players.

TiVo is on it's way out - stream everything!
post #1416 of 4430 Old 05-20-2008, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

To be fair, a lot of this is about the rediculous DRM nonsense. The players are doing their best, but it's a lot easier to just defeat the DRM.

I blame the DRM, not the players.

I agree that most if not all of it is DRM related issues. But that not withstanding, correct programming should address these issues, or else the product should not come to market. Obviously Slysoft has found a solution. Why not just license there code, incorporate it into a soft player and be done with it? It can be done.

redjr...

post #1417 of 4430 Old 05-20-2008, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Obviously Slysoft has found a solution.

Because it happens to be an illegal solution that Slysoft can offer because they are located in a country that has no reciprocal agreements with the US and the EU where breaking digital copy protection is illegal.

Vern
post #1418 of 4430 Old 05-20-2008, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

You, my friend, are one of the lucky ones.. Count your lucky stars.

There are more than a few people using TMT happily. There are just as many problems with PowerDVD as there are with TMT. They just happen to be different issues.
post #1419 of 4430 Old 05-20-2008, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

There are more than a few people using TMT happily. There are just as many problems with PowerDVD as there are with TMT. They just happen to be different issues.

I'm using it very happily.
post #1420 of 4430 Old 05-20-2008, 04:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

I have no problems with PDVD - don't use.
VERY good luck with TMT - so much that haven't updated.
Don't use AnyDVDHD for direct disk playback at all.

Those of you with G35 boards, Jason would like feedback on the ArcForum.
http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=557

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #1421 of 4430 Old 05-20-2008, 06:57 PM

Does the latest version run in x64 yet?

The japanese version loads successfuly but can't playback BD discs.

Last few times I tried, the english version doesn't even load successfully in Vista 64.
post #1422 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audible View Post

I thought the problem with the 2600 was only with XT. The method of playback I was using was an ISO file mounted with Daemon tools.

I tried another movie (The Italian Job) and that was exactly the same, played for about 10 minutes then locked!

I noticed that the downloaded version is 110 and the latest version is 113. Why would Arcsoft use an older version as a trial if there are known problems with it?

I hate to speculate that version 113 will solve my problems - failure to play ISO files from my HDD (trailers OK, movie black screen or lock after about 10 minutes of play) and sound channel mapping issues. Is paying for the latest version the only way I can fully test the program?

Is version 113 a solid, mature product?
post #1423 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

Or if you want to archive your movies. Or when the next "protection" gets including on a disk and you don't want to wait a month for the software player to get an update to play it.

That's interesting, where are you based? I'm in the UK and have yet to fall foul to DRM mentioned on this forum. Many of the R2 titles don't have the same DRM as R1 titles.

I guess I've been lucky so far.

I agree, AnyDVD does what it says on the tin, so I use it to RIP, but not for anything else. Also allows me to play my R2 SD DVD.
post #1424 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 03:38 AM

Quote:

That may be true, but at least to my knowledge all my components are compliant. The LG drive, the nVidia 9600GT and my Westinghouse 1080p display. If they were not, how would PDVD 7.3 work? It plays back fine with the only limitation being 5.1 channel audio. Does PDVD strip out the HDCP DRM stuff before playback? I'm confused.

Sounds like you may have a diffent problem, try AnyDVD to see if it fixes the problem. Otherwise, log a call with Arcsoft Support.
post #1425 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I noticed that the downloaded version is 110 and the latest version is 113. Why would Arcsoft use an older version as a trial if there are known problems with it?

I hate to speculate that version 113 will solve my problems - failure to play ISO files from my HDD (trailers OK, movie black screen or lock after about 10 minutes of play) and sound channel mapping issues. Is paying for the latest version the only way I can fully test the program?

Is version 113 a solid, mature product?

110 plays ISO's from HDD just fine. Make sure you use DaemonTools to mount the ISO, and make sure you shut off any MB bloatware. Also test playing from the drive itself so you can isolate the problem if it persists.

Sound channels map fine as well, unless you have Windows configured differently than TMT (e.g. 7.1 and 6-channel or 5.1 and 8-channel).

113 has a bunch of minor fixes, and a big fix for the G35 (to work on install without replacing a couple of files).

post #1426 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 05:13 AM
tsb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern Dias View Post

Because it happens to be an illegal solution that Slysoft can offer because they are located in a country that has no reciprocal agreements with the US and the EU where breaking digital copy protection is illegal.

Vern

hopefully they can get the resources together to make a player
I know they'd like to, but they have limited resources
post #1427 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 05:35 AM

Liked: 147
Quote:

Here's a novel concept... Why don't the 'soft-player' vendors (TMT) code an application that works from the get-go? PDVD seems to have figured it out.

PDVD has a lot of bugs as well, just look at the PDVD thread.

I agree they should make bug free software from the start, though.

For me, TMT just works, and works well.
post #1428 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern Dias View Post

Vern

Well, that's yet to be tested. The DMCA is arguably illegal, but they aren't willing to test it in court (specifically, a home user who has purchased DRM media and breaks the DRM for solely personal use - which is arguably within copyright law/statutes, and would likely be upheld and legal, which would gut DCMA).

They won't test DMCA (like that) because they will likely lose, at least some portion of it. So instead, they want to keep it out there as a threat to the people who are actually stealing money (e.g. distributing illegal copies), which is fine for that purpose, but remains an annoyance to the normal user who often is forced to break DRM just to use what they legally purchased.

Insane.

If the music industry is any bell-weather, the movie industry will dump DRM in 10 years or so. In the mean time, we all have to deal with it.

post #1429 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

PDVD has a lot of bugs as well, just look at the PDVD thread.

I agree they should make bug free software from the start, though.

For me, TMT just works, and works well.

+1

post #1430 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:

110 plays ISO's from HDD just fine. Make sure you use DaemonTools to mount the ISO, and make sure you shut off any MB bloatware. Also test playing from the drive itself so you can isolate the problem if it persists.

Sound channels map fine as well, unless you have Windows configured differently than TMT (e.g. 7.1 and 6-channel or 5.1 and 8-channel).

113 has a bunch of minor fixes, and a big fix for the G35 (to work on install without replacing a couple of files).

Hmmm. Thanks for the response, I appreciate the info and since many on this thread report no problems I'm willing to stick with it to, hopefully, resolve the problem.

I've been using PDVD until now with no problem playing BD ISOs (mounted with Daemon Tools) from the HDD except of course it doesn't support HD audio, I can't buy the full version 7 and version 8 doesn't support HD DVD, that's why I'm investigating TMT. My audio is configured correctly but when watching a movie last night the speech was consistently coming from the right speaker, with PDVD it comes from the center.

Would it be possible that having PDVD on my system at the same time could be causing my problem?

I also tried Hidalgo and it locks just as the "loading movie..." message fades. I use this machine only as a HTPC so there is no, or at least limited 'bloatware'.
post #1431 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hmmm. Thanks for the response, I appreciate the info and since many on this thread report no problems I'm willing to stick with it to, hopefully, resolve the problem.

I've been using PDVD until now with no problem playing BD ISOs (mounted with Daemon Tools) from the HDD except of course it doesn't support HD audio, I can't buy the full version 7 and version 8 doesn't support HD DVD, that's why I'm investigating TMT. My audio is configured correctly but when watching a movie last night the speech was consistently coming from the right speaker, with PDVD it comes from the center.

Would it be possible that having PDVD on my system at the same time could be causing my problem?

I also tried Hidalgo and it locks just as the "loading movie..." message fades. I use this machine only as a HTPC so there is no, or at least limited 'bloatware'.

I have PDVD 7, 8 and TMT all on my system at the same time. However TMT did get funky after I installed a PDVD patch, so I had to repair/reinstall TMT to get it working right again.

I'm actually rebuilding right now to only have TMT so I can avoid any future issues (and I don't need PDVD anymore, since TMT has been solid for weeks now, at least in my setup).

post #1432 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
I did a total rebuilt after upgrading to 113 but with 109 since I didnt have the total install for 110. XP and TMT only with just the graphics and sound drivers. Sound is still crewed up. Center is coming from the right. Anolog 7.1 out.

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
post #1433 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 07:35 AM

I've seen a couple threads address this but I haven't seen a solution. I just recently watched NatTreasure: Book of secrets and Untraceable on Blu-Ray both of which only have surround in English in the form of TrueHD. This sucks because it is being down-sampled to stereo over my optical SPDIF. Is this something Arcsoft is going to assist with? The lack of surround almost makes me want to go back to DVD so that I can at least have my 5.1 back. Anybody know of a way to get the Loseless TrueHD trimmed done to a Dolby or DTS? Does 2.1.x.113 address this issue? Thanks for your help!
post #1434 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 08:10 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FujiToast View Post

I've seen a couple threads address this but I haven't seen a solution. I just recently watched NatTreasure: Book of secrets and Untraceable on Blu-Ray both of which only have surround in English in the form of TrueHD. This sucks because it is being down-sampled to stereo over my optical SPDIF. Is this something Arcsoft is going to assist with? The lack of surround almost makes me want to go back to DVD so that I can at least have my 5.1 back. Anybody know of a way to get the Loseless TrueHD trimmed done to a Dolby or DTS? Does 2.1.x.113 address this issue? Thanks for your help!

I think PDVD 8 can feed TrueHD (Bluray) through spdif in DD/DTS 5.1. TMT can only use analog to get proper surround for anything TrueHD.

Arcsoft's newest TME update is faulty so I can't test 113 with my system yet. I will be surprise if they still can't fix the known speaker mapping problem.
post #1435 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 08:54 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. That brings me too another question. I recieved a free verison of PDVD with my bluray/hddvd drive but ANY disc I try to play stutters....a lot.....like 1 frame every second. Ever heard of this?
post #1436 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the quick reply. That brings me too another question. I recieved a free verison of PDVD with my bluray/hddvd drive but ANY disc I try to play stutters....a lot.....like 1 frame every second. Ever heard of this?

Lots of things could be suspect... Your video card, CPU, and settings in PDVD. Make sure that Hardware Acceleration is checked under setting/config in PDVD.

redjr...

post #1437 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xma1e View Post

Sounds like you may have a diffent problem, try AnyDVD to see if it fixes the problem. Otherwise, log a call with Arcsoft Support.

AnyDVD does not fix the problem.

redjr...

post #1438 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 03:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

OEM players bundled with drives like PDVD seem to be 2 channel. ArcSoft has stated their bundled versions(not seen any) is like the retail and will get DTS HD MA first, before retail users, but we will eventually. As far as stuttering, usually cpu, etc, like redjr said.

Adding that a DTS Connect type of sound card aids alot with PDVD and TMT through optical. All disks for me map to 5.1 DD or DTS no issue with Sondigo Inferno

post #1439 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

I did a total rebuilt after upgrading to 113 but with 109 since I didnt have the total install for 110. XP and TMT only with just the graphics and sound drivers. Sound is still crewed up. Center is coming from the right. Anolog 7.1 out.

Do you have Windows set to 5.1 or 7.1? I think TMT maxes at 6 channels, so you must set Windows to 5.1 (and TMT to 6 channels), or there's no knowing how your AVR will map the channel information.

post #1440 of 4430 Old 05-21-2008, 04:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

I have 7.1 option in audio for TMT, is there something different?

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page