Originally Posted by Tinker
I use both TMT and PDVD 7.3. But mainly I use PDVD (with xloibby) now since TMT has some issues with playing edited
HD DVD files and edited ISO and still some lingering audio probms on some setups. PDVD 7.3 4102 seems to be working 100% with edited HD DVD movies and resulting ISO, thats why I am using it now over TMT for ISO. TMT doesnt seem to play SD DVD s well as PDVD but neither even close to zoomplayer/purevideo/ffdshow combo for SD DVD.
I had these issues with TMT when I first tried it. I figured out the following:
- ISO images for HD-DVD have to be at least version 2.50 (or 2.60 to be fully compliant) -- no particular ISO version requirement for Blu-ray;
- Edited HD-DVDs were problematic if you set title duration to 00:00:00:00 (which works with PowerDVD); change to 00:00:00:01 and they work fine;
To answer mknet's question #4:
- Won't load the menu on Becoming Jane BD - had to strip it to the bare movie to play; everything else I tried with it worked;
- Reasonably integrated into Vista Media Center;
- Menu key brings the popup menu in Blu-ray (PowerDVD takes to the top menu);
- No audio drops on seamless (what irony) branching BDs unlike with PowerDVD;
- Once you replace the ugly chic PowerDVD skin, you wish TMT were skinnable so you can remove the intro (much more professional looking, but still annoying);
- Doesn't downconvert to SPDIF, nor does it access the hidden DD track on some BDs, like The Fifth Element
I'm still using PowerDVD, but that's about to change very soon.