- BD with TrueHD 5.1 sound track
- Sound card with 8-channel analog out connected to pre-amp
- PowerDVD player, set to 8-channel in the sound settings (no DTS/DD)
1) If I play the BD TrueHD 5.1 sound track, I get 5.1 channels out of my pre-pro, but of course since it's analog out, I lose all the matrixing capabilities of my pre-pro, and so my rear channels are silent
2) If I use PDVD DTS:Neo6 or DD:PLIIx, PDVD will perform the matrixing, and I get sound from the rear channel.
a) When I have PDVD set to 8-channel with no DTS/DD, am I getting the best sound possible? That is, am I getting the TrueHD 6 channels of sound, uncompressed, and untouched by PDVD (except for decoding the TrueHD soundtrack)?
b) When I set PDVD to DTS:Neo/DD:PLIIx, is PDVD using DDLive/DTSConnect, and recompressing TureHD soundtrack, or simply matrixing the rear channels? If it's recompressing, while that would be only minimal sound difference, it's still a recompression, right?
TiVo is on it's way out -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.