Forum Jump: 

post #1801 of 4430 Old 04-20-2008, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post

Where did you get it from ? I believe that they have been discontinued now.

I got it from xpcgear.com...open box. It was a nice price, but when I got it the LCD didn't work. Luckily, nmedia sent me a new one free of charge. Good guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 4430 Old 04-20-2008, 06:43 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by setherd View Post

where did you get seperate drivers? I thought they were all in one for the the southbridge and video?

I don't know, it's listed there, and the Catalyst Software Suite "Package Includes" doesn't seem to indicate anything has the south bridge drivers except the South Bridge Driver itself.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_ca...grated-vista32

I'm also installing on a non-English OS so I download the display driver and Catalyst Control Center separately.
post #1803 of 4430 Old 04-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
I'm new here so hi everyone!!!

I just finished building my pc-

Gigabyte 780g MB
Gskill 2x2GB ddr2 1000 (currently reading as ddr2 800??)
AMD Phenom 9550 quad cpu
Samsung 18x +/- DVD-RW (latest model)
Samsung SATA-150 160gb 8mb cache HD
Rosewill Xtreme RX950-S-B 950 watt PSU
Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit (downloaded all updates don't know if it did sp1?)

So far it's been well except I can't seem to get 5.1 audio from the spdif out to my AVR. I connected the optical out from MB to optical in to my receiver and it's only saying PCM on it which comes out to be stereo.

The receiver I'm using is a Philips FR965 which out of the digital sounds it can do in 5.1 is only Dolby Digital so DTS is a no go here. I can tell when it is working when it shows on my receiver AC3 3/2.1 on the display but right now is stuck on PCM.

I don't care about HDMI or any of the new gen audio formats just want the Dolby Digital to work. I used to have the nforce 2 chipset which could do real time dolby digital which was perfect for me.

I read that it is called Dolby Digital Live that does that and the equivalent of that in DTS is DTS Connect. I see the DTS Connect on the Realtek HD Audio control panel but nothing about Dolby Digital Live or even any mention of Dolby Digital.

What do I have to do to get what I want and just mention again have no interest in HDMI.

I haven't updated the audio drivers to 1.90 from realtek but I see it is just for problems and I don't have that it's just I don't see the option for Dolby Digital. I'm going to be updating the drivers right now but do I have to update the separate hdmi driver if I don't use hdmi at all???

Also is there a need for me to be updating the bios on this??? I don't do anything what htpc users do so I don't know anything about this. I bought my board like a week ago and arrived 2 days ago. Bought the board from mwave.com.

Just in case anyone knows about this there seems to be talks about the MB not being able to do ddr2 1066 when running a 2gb stick instead of a 1gb stick. When it gets run with a 2gb stick your stuck with ddr2 800 speed even when rocking a Phenom cpu. Just in case people might not know about that. If you want ddr2 1066 with your Phenom cpu then rock 1gb sticks instead of 2gb sticks.

Xbox Live Gamertag: FELONY 301

PSN ID: FELONY--301

No problem adding people...
post #1804 of 4430 Old 04-20-2008, 07:18 PM

i have all the newest drivers for both the bios and for the hd 3200 video chip .. but any myspace page or anything with java imbedded getts all choppy when i try to scroll past it. my friends computer scrolls completly smooth on these pages, i have 5000+ be chip on this board ... Is there a setting in bios i can change or what?
post #1805 of 4430 Old 04-20-2008, 07:41 PM

Installed the early official 8.4 release, and all was pretty ok in the world...tried the version linked to earlier in this thread and lost my ability to extend my desktop the the TV (HDMI). Tried the newest official 8.4 release, still can't extend desktop. Tried early release that originally worked and...still can't extend the desktop. I have uninstalled prior to each install, but the only way I can extend to the second monitor is with 8.3 driver pack.

Anyone else get this? Any ideas?

Thanks!!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HS Thompson
post #1806 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 02:05 AM

Continuing on with the HDMI audio problem, I had my computer resume from sleep while the TV was off (off for 8 hours or so while I was at work). Then I tried to play a movie and there was no sound. I popped open the back panel of the TV and pulled the HDMI cable then plugged it back in, sound and audio were fine. So I'd say this is definitely some kind of HDMI handshake problem.
post #1807 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper9890 View Post

i seem to be having the same problem on my build. 100% new hardware, 32bit vista, SATA hdd and dvdrom. With AHCI mode enabled, it hangs at "completing installation". I tried loading a sata driver from the mobo cdrom at the disk selection screen to no avail. I've reverted to IDE mode and trying an install now. If it's simply a driver issue - can anyone confirm the best solution? Hoping slipstreaming Vista SP1 will help..

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I was having the same problem installing Vista Ultimate 64-bit. To fix it, I set the SATA ports to IDE (via the BIOS) installed Vista which went through fine, and then followed Microsofts Knowledge Base Doc: 922976 (Google it - I'm not allowed to post URL's yet ) to enable AHCI. Reboot, enter BIOS, set SATA mode back to AHCI...and all should be fine. Hope that helps someone. Apologies if similar has already been posted.
post #1808 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takotako View Post

Continuing on with the HDMI audio problem, I had my computer resume from sleep while the TV was off (off for 8 hours or so while I was at work). Then I tried to play a movie and there was no sound. I popped open the back panel of the TV and pulled the HDMI cable then plugged it back in, sound and audio were fine. So I'd say this is definitely some kind of HDMI handshake problem.

I agree I think there is some kind of handshake problem.

As I said earlier I have also just changed the video resolution and it re-enables the HDMI audio.
post #1809 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 07:27 AM

Alright- I am at wits end. I searched the thread and can't find anyone with this problem apparently. I have this board, a x64 +5600 and a SP1 Vista Ultimate 64 installed. I have experienced many blue screens when trying to run certain software the vendor recommends, such as iCool by gigabyte- total bluescreen if I try to run it so I uninstalled. I am on Bios F3 and don't know what else to try. I am using an older 21" monitor- not DVI or HDMI. I tried the individual ATI drivers from their gaming site. 8.4 for display and the newest posted for Southbridge. All 64bit, finally CCC. None of them work for me. When I reboot after installing the SB the computer startes the windows loading screen and reboots instantly. Have to do a restore to get back into windows as it won't even boot into SAFE MODE! When I just do display driver first, I get a black screen in Windows or a blue screen before getting to the log in screen. I have tried the all in one package and the indv. drivers as I said. I tried SB first also tried the Disp Driver first. Tried the ones on the gigabyte CD with same problem. Also tried the ones on the gigabyte site for this board. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??
The only way I can get windows to run is with standard VGA display driver. If I try to uninstall it I won't see anything of course. HELP!

Also, I randomly get two new devices in the dev manger under network. They show a problem and one is Toredo Tunneling Psudo-Interface and isatap.dlink. Both say- This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Finally, Windows doesn't seem real stable, meaning I constant get explorer crashes and media player crashes. If I click properties on a file, when I click OK or cancel explorer crashes. Is this a windows VistaUlt64 problem or hardware related?

I have XMS2 Cosair 4gb ram also forgot to mention.

Lots of problems don't know what to do- Thanks!
post #1810 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by histreet View Post

Is this a windows VistaUlt64 problem or hardware related?

Vista Ultimate problem... I went through that exact same clusterf*ck. I decided it wasn't worth my trouble, and just installed Vista Business64. I was not happy about it, but too many hours had been wasted when I knew business worked properly.

On another note, I'm still having issues with my resolution settings. Why, oh why, does the Catalyst control center occasionally reduce the options I have for forcing resolutions? I mentioned a while back that I only get 1:1 mapping through my pj by forcing a 1280x768 resolution... I don't know why, and I can't honestly say that I'm too concerned about it as long as forcing 1280x768 does the trick. Every so often when I cycle the pj (off > on), the resolution not only reverts back to whatever the hell it wants (1280x1024, 800x600, 1280x720... it seems to be arbitrary), but the Catalyst control center only gives me limited options with which to change my output. This inevitably means I have to reboot in order to re-force 1280x768. Workable, yes - annoying as hell, definitely. I'm pretty sure the change in resolution can be traced back to a 'handshake' issue btw the pc and my Onkyo TX705, but why the crippled control center?
post #1811 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dubs View Post

Vista Ultimate problem... I went through that exact same clusterf*ck. I decided it wasn't worth my trouble, and just installed Vista Business64. I was not happy about it, but too many hours had been wasted when I knew business worked properly.

When you say exact same problem you mean with drivers or just the stability issues? Thanks
post #1812 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:

When you say exact same problem you mean with drivers or just the stability issues? Thanks

Blue screens, rebooting during OS load, not working in safe mode after driver installs. General instability plagued everything. Using system restore to get back into windows yielded general instability and crippled everything-times. I tried 2 fresh installs (complete reformat), and tons of restores with almost every driver/bios combination I could think of.
post #1813 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 08:14 AM

Damn! that is for sure what I have had going on. All kinds of bluscreens. I went from vista32 business and never had one crash or issue. Even using the restore point creator gives some crappy dialog boxes saying- Expression:
(!fInFire != !m_DEBUG_fInFire)
Must be switching states

File: "d:\
tm\\windows\\advcore\\duser\\engine\\motion\\action.cpp"
Line: 341

WTF? I really wanted to give Ultimate a try. I guess I have to reformat- lose all the stuff I just copied onto this hard drive and set up apps and start over? I'm guessing you can't run an install of business over the Ultimate can you? \\

Not sure if you know this but since you are responding so quickly, if I decide to get a second 750GB HDD and go raid 1 for mirroring, do I also have to start over from a clean HDD? If that is the case then I will just wait to do that once I order and get the second drive. I am a bit leary of this system and would hate to put all my eggs in one basket even though I have a few external drives.
post #1814 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 08:42 AM

Hi! I am building multi-purpose pc (work/video/a bit games) based on ga-ma78gm-s2h. For playing games I need serious vga (thinking about rd 3850/3870). Still integrated VGA is all I need for work on pc as well as watching movies. So it would be nice to be able to switch between igp and main vga. I know that this is officially supported as Hybrid Crossfire but only some rd cards which are too weak in 3D performance for my wishes.

So I am thinking if there is any way around to switch igp and main vga without actually removing main vga out of PCI Express slot. I have no problem to restart pc for this, so maybe this could be done by BIOS? Or by some utility? Or even some lite hw modification ?

For example I am wondering what would happend if in "Advanced BIOS Features " for "Init Display First" I choose "Onboard" with vga in PCI Express.
post #1815 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 09:32 AM

I am in the process of putting together a HTPC, and I had this card in mind. But after reading all these posts, I don't know. There only seem to be a handfull of people that don't have any problems, I know that people that don't have problems usually don't post but still there are a lot of people that have had nothing but a crappy time trying to get it to work. Is it worth the trouble or is there a better solution?
post #1816 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 12:21 PM

Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by chepnut View Post

I am in the process of putting together a HTPC, and I had this card in mind. But after reading all these posts, I don't know. There only seem to be a handfull of people that don't have any problems, I know that people that don't have problems usually don't post but still there are a lot of people that have had nothing but a crappy time trying to get it to work. Is it worth the trouble or is there a better solution?

I had two boards fail on me after a week of use. No overclocking and had an extra fan blowing on the northbridge and surrounding components.

I am switching to the Asus board (and going larger, since I can).
post #1817 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 12:42 PM

Still having the HDMI audio problem after various driver re-installs. I can unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in, and sound will start working again. I hope they fix this soon...
post #1818 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 01:24 PM

Has ANYBODY else had issues with choosing primary and secondary displays? Touch screen is hooked up to VGA, plasma to HDMI. I cannot make the plasma primary. Using 8.3 as 8.4 stopped allowing me to extend the desktop, but had this issue even when 8.4 was installed and i could, for a while, extend the desktop. I know I posted a version of this question before, but got no feedback and can't believe I'm the only person to run into this...am I??

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HS Thompson
post #1819 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyone View Post

I noticed those files as well. Do you know what the ATI HDMI audio device driver R1.89 is for ? Why would you need to install a driver for something that should be included in the main 1.90 driver.

I would have also assumed you would use a southbridge drivers from the Gigabyte web site.

I think ATI should make the use of these files more clear. At least most of us know what Southbridge drivers are.. a lot of PC users wouldn't have a clue.

I had no audio coming out of HDMI. I uninstalled Cat 8.3 and realtek 1.89, installed only Cat 8.2 and HDMI audio works correctly.
post #1820 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:

Alright- I am at wits end.....

Finally, Windows doesn't seem real stable, meaning I constant get explorer crashes and media player crashes. If I click properties on a file, when I click OK or cancel explorer crashes. Is this a windows VistaUlt64 problem or hardware related?

Try this... Down load ubuntu if you don't have it already, and install it on a seperate HD or make a partion (you can delete it later). Does it run?

The ATI driver doesn't load by default. When you got it up an running the package updater will give you an option to install it. If after you enable the ATI driver everything stops, it's the MB.
post #1821 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleone View Post

I had no audio coming out of HDMI. I uninstalled Cat 8.3 and realtek 1.89, installed only Cat 8.2 and HDMI audio works correctly.

Does the HDMI audio work from standby ?

I would have to see what issues are in the earlier versions of Cat..

I just want audio from HDMI do I even need any Realtek drivers ?
post #1822 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felonyr301 View Post

I'm new here so hi everyone!!!

I just finished building my pc-

Gigabyte 780g MB
Gskill 2x2GB ddr2 1000 (currently reading as ddr2 800??)
AMD Phenom 9550 quad cpu
Samsung 18x +/- DVD-RW (latest model)
Samsung SATA-150 160gb 8mb cache HD
Rosewill Xtreme RX950-S-B 950 watt PSU
Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit (downloaded all updates don't know if it did sp1?)

So far it's been well except I can't seem to get 5.1 audio from the spdif out to my AVR. I connected the optical out from MB to optical in to my receiver and it's only saying PCM on it which comes out to be stereo.

The receiver I'm using is a Philips FR965 which out of the digital sounds it can do in 5.1 is only Dolby Digital so DTS is a no go here. I can tell when it is working when it shows on my receiver AC3 3/2.1 on the display but right now is stuck on PCM.

I don't care about HDMI or any of the new gen audio formats just want the Dolby Digital to work. I used to have the nforce 2 chipset which could do real time dolby digital which was perfect for me.

I read that it is called Dolby Digital Live that does that and the equivalent of that in DTS is DTS Connect. I see the DTS Connect on the Realtek HD Audio control panel but nothing about Dolby Digital Live or even any mention of Dolby Digital.

What do I have to do to get what I want and just mention again have no interest in HDMI.

I haven't updated the audio drivers to 1.90 from realtek but I see it is just for problems and I don't have that it's just I don't see the option for Dolby Digital. I'm going to be updating the drivers right now but do I have to update the separate hdmi driver if I don't use hdmi at all???

Also is there a need for me to be updating the bios on this??? I don't do anything what htpc users do so I don't know anything about this. I bought my board like a week ago and arrived 2 days ago. Bought the board from mwave.com.

Just in case anyone knows about this there seems to be talks about the MB not being able to do ddr2 1066 when running a 2gb stick instead of a 1gb stick. When it gets run with a 2gb stick your stuck with ddr2 800 speed even when rocking a Phenom cpu. Just in case people might not know about that. If you want ddr2 1066 with your Phenom cpu then rock 1gb sticks instead of 2gb sticks.

Hi felony , try ac3filter . net it will encode to DD and can output all via spdif
post #1823 of 4430 Old 04-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
arcturion thanks for the reply and I just downloaded the ac3 filter and I've been messing around with it but I don't know what settings I'm suppose to put it at so it can "encode any audio source to ac3 on the fly" and by the spdif send it over to my receiver??? Help!!!

Xbox Live Gamertag: FELONY 301

PSN ID: FELONY--301

No problem adding people...
post #1824 of 4430 Old 04-22-2008, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dubs View Post

I FINALLY RESOLVED IT! You were spot on with the Ultimate as the culprit. I got my copy from MS Technet and it was the latest build of Vista Ultimate 64 said release 6001 W/ SP1. I had installed/reformatted 3 times with all the same driver problems. I then re-formatted and installed Vista Business 64 SP1 and it is ROCK SOLID! Not one crash, blue screen, lockup, windows explorer crashes, odd debug dialog boxes (should I go on?) WTF is up with ULTIMATE?? I thought they were the same OS with a few more tools but Vista Business is WAY MORE STABLE than ultimate. Frankly I am shocked that many others haven't had this same problem. I had absolutely NO problems installing every driver from All three ATI DD, CCC, ATI SB, Realtek Audio, ATI HD audio, Realtek LAN- In that order all individual with reboots and restore points created between each one so I could weed out the problem. Now I'll see if it will actually let me install Nero Ult 8 as it wouldn't before.

I am running the GA-MA78GM-SH2 F3 (way faster) bios, AMD X2 5600- 2.8Ghz (which overclocks to 3.2+ easily), the onboard graphics (500MB vid mem in bios) for the time being, a 750GB Seagate Spinpoint F1 (plus three externals and NAS), Cosair XMS2 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel. , 420w PS on Vista Business 64. Basically there wasn't much that could go wrong or be incompatible other than the ram.

Windows score:
Proc at stock 2.8ghz- 5.3
Mem 5.9
Graphics 3.5
Aero 3.6
Disk speed 5.9

My next thought would be, if I "upgrade" business to Ultimate, which I think you can do, will it have the stability I have now? If I try, you can bet I will do that route on a diff partition to be safe.

Thanks for your help!
post #1825 of 4430 Old 04-22-2008, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagojago View Post

Other things like processor are more important. An IDE hard drive shouldn't have any problems.

I recycled a spare IDE HDD as the Vista 32 boot drive. I use a larger SATA HDD as the media storage drive. Works fine.
post #1826 of 4430 Old 04-22-2008, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepnut View Post

My 780G continues to chug away just fine in my Low Profile Inwin case, with stock cooling. Two HDDs (max for this case) and a Avermedia combo PCIe tuner.

I've had the case buttoned up, in a cabinet, for a few weeks. The cabinet DOES have a fan to keep the cabinet temps moderate..
post #1827 of 4430 Old 04-22-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:

My next thought would be, if I "upgrade" business to Ultimate, which I think you can do, will it have the stability I have now? If I try, you can bet I will do that route on a diff partition to be safe.
Thanks for your help!

I've got a pretty similar setup. The only differences are that I have twice the ram, two of the F1s, and I'm running a 5000+ black. I wonder if the ram is the problem (strange though), but I can tell you right now that trying to upgrade isn't going to do it for you. That was my first course of action, and the beginning of my struggles.
post #1828 of 4430 Old 04-22-2008, 10:57 AM

well I'm pretty happy so far. except for graphics.
I have a 720P tv I was running at 1360x768 for 1:1 pixel mapping and all was fine with my radeon 9600.

now with my new system I don't have an option for 1360x768 all I can do it 1280x768
in CCC on my old system I had a DTV settings section. there is nothing like that in the my new settings. anyone have any ideas?

Take care,
Seth

AMD 5000+BE @2.6GHZ 2GB ram, 820GB storage
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G chipset
Nvidia DualTV, HDHomerun, MCE keyboard and remote. SageTV
post #1829 of 4430 Old 04-22-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

So there will be no A13 revision for 780G, it is for the mobile platform

Woah...so this is pretty big news then. No reason to hold out for newer revisions of this board. Thats good news. Is there finally a workaround for allowing the 780g to use all the advanced post processing with the B3 AMD procs?

I guess now the only thing to wait for is the 9150e phenom....any updates on when thats due? (well, the 9150e and the Hauppauge HD PVR, although pre-orders are already being taken for that one...release should be imminent.)
post #1830 of 4430 Old 04-22-2008, 02:54 PM

I'm looking to upgrade my existing computer... will this work for gaming (particularly Call of Duty 4)... what about the hybrid crossover for the ATI?

Already have a silverstone zeus 560 w power supply in there

GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX6400CZBOX - Retail

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK - Retail

SAPPHIRE 100236L Radeon HD 3650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

what do you guys think? eh or nay?

-LT
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page