The Official Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H RS780 mATX Thread - Page 82 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2431 of 4430 Old 05-22-2008, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just tried updating my display driver to 8.5 and it worked, but would not fill my screen anymore. No matter what resolution (native is 1360x768) there was always an unused border around the whole image. I downgraded back for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 4430 Old 05-22-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagojago View Post

I just tried updating my display driver to 8.5 and it worked, but would not fill my screen anymore. No matter what resolution (native is 1360x768) there was always an unused border around the whole image. I downgraded back for now.

Was just getting ready to post the same problem you have with black borders...
I also Downgraded back to 8.3.......
post #2433 of 4430 Old 05-22-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagojago View Post

JajoJago , I solved the problem.........

In CCC goto
DTV (HDMI)
Scaling Options
and set it to 0%

Problem solved..........
post #2434 of 4430 Old 05-22-2008, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim24 View Post

In CCC goto
DTV (HDMI)
Scaling Options
and set it to 0%

Problem solved..........

This has worked for me since at least Catalyst 8.3, I need to do it every time I install an update to CCC or re-install the OS. It's great to see something that works as it's supposed to, but it is a pain to do every time!

I have this mobo with onboard video and audio, amd64x2 2.8ghz 65w, 2gig ddr2-800 ram, BD drive, IDE HDD, inside of a Antec fusion 430 with vista x32 and a Westinghouse 1080p LCD tv with hdmi.
post #2435 of 4430 Old 05-22-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim24 View Post

In CCC goto
DTV (HDMI)
Scaling Options
and set it to 0%

Problem solved..........

Thank you! Works great. Didn't even think of checking there.

What a seriously stupid default setting
post #2436 of 4430 Old 05-23-2008, 12:14 AM

Hello..

I've tried all sorts of software on this board (Commercial and non-commercial) and have found the following to work the best with H264, MP4 / MKV files. All Free software

Media Player Classic - Home Cinema
http://tibrium.neuf.fr/
(Make sure you set the overlay correctly to enable DXVA Hardware acceleration)

AC3Filter..
http://ac3filter.net/
(Make sure you disable MPC-HC's internal filters to allow AC3 to take control)

Windows XP Professional SP3

Catalyst 8.5

My CPU is an X2 4800e... When running MPC-HC it only uses 3-5% CPU when decoding 720p.

Check this page for Register Tweaks..

http://exdeus.home.comcast.net/~exdeus/ati-hd2x00/

Also if possible make sure your LCD TV HDMI channel is set to PC, because this stops my samsung M87 or perhaps other brands from upscaling the picture so you can set it to 1920 x 1080 (Overscaling to 0%)

My only problem now is video tearing, although MPC-HC has a setting to reduce this using DirectX, it makes it difficult to use the player controls..

How to I set the Vsync on ?
post #2437 of 4430 Old 05-23-2008, 04:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzhong View Post

Um, I'm a little confused. I'm running a BE-2350 with 2 gigs of ballistix and no video card, just the onboard HD3200 and I run 1080p fine, both off the disc and from ripped files. Am I just not noticing stutters? What should I be looking for that is evidence of poor performance?

You don't have any problems you would notice it, looks like stop motion, its obivous.

Without knowning what software he is using for playback its hard to tell what the problem is. All I know is using say a H2.64 HD@720 file in Vista MC causes all kinds of playback issues, but playing it with Quicktime, no issues at all. So I would say your not using the right decoder or video player for the clip your trying to watch.

I get 40-50% CPU usage with 1080i OTA (5000+ BE@2.91Ghz) content and no HWA from this MA69G board and all channels with 1080i are butter smooth. UVA does work on here, but all I have to do is use the right player... It doesn't support HWA with MPEG-2 that's all, so I get no HWA with Vista since I can't change the codecs and when I tried its screwed up my system...

That's why I am considering upgrading to this broad so I can get native MPEG-2 HWA using standard Media Center decoders and reduce CPU load to low teens to ensure 1080p playback though I will be getting a PS3 soon and there no 1080p "Birds" in the sky yet for Direct TV, so there's no rush on 1080p playback anyway, D*TV is 720p...

A. Thomas -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: djfourmoney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12.74@106 in the 1/4
PSN - DJFourMoney
post #2438 of 4430 Old 05-23-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpos View Post

Has anybody noticed, that after installing new ATI 8.5 display drivers, Powerdvd 8 crashes, when hardware acceleration is turned on? I have reinstalled Powerdvd and the problem is the same.

Can anybody conform this fact?

My system is Vista64.

Rob

Works fine here. Vista 64 with Catalyst 8.5 and PowerDVD 8 in 720P with HA on. I am using PowerDVD 8-filters for DVB and HDTV in MediaPortal, works fine.
post #2439 of 4430 Old 05-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post

Yes, the South Bridge drivers contain the AHCI driver.

In regards to Realtek drivers, I have HD-AUDIO 1.93 and HDMI 1.92 installed (even though I have nothing to connect the HDMI to) BUT I have severe problems with sound on my board. I have hacking which sounds like "rapping" in some games, and complete sound droppout in "Broken Sword The Angel Of Death" demo. Maybe it is an issue with that particular demo, but all this worked fine with my previous Asus M2NVP-VM board. However, I have managed to update my installation of XP Pro SP3 to this MB from the M2NVP-VM board and this could well be my problem. It may be that I really need a fresh install of XP for this board to overshine my previous MB. I have the AMD Dual Core Optimizer installed, don't know if I need to uninstall or reinstall this. Will try.

I will uninstall the current Realtek drivers and try the ones from the Gigabyte site to see if this solvves my stuttering sound problem.

If I cant' get ATI 3D accel to work in Ubuntu (the vid driver handling in Linux is a joke, a bad joke) I will actually change back to my prev MB and wait to see if Bios/Drivers/Software mature enough to try it again. Fusion/Compiz effects like cube was fluent as water with the 6150.

What is making up for all this is that video/film really looks fantastic with HWA on this board. With nv 6150 I never used any deinterlacing, now it shines with this board.

Well I got it working. It tells you how right in the manual. I guess reading the manual helps after all. I made the floppy just how it said to and then proceeded to reinstall Win XP SP2 with SATA 1-3 set to AHCI and 4-5 set to IDE, in BIOS. Two SATA HD's attached to SATA 1 & 2 and LG GGC-H20L on SATA 5 and all worked perfect using F6 when Windows asks if you have other drivers to install. After installation I set everything to AHCI and it works perfect. HD playback to my Samsung 20" at 1680x1050 looks great over DVI. I am going to attempt to hook it to my Sony KDS 55A3000 today and see if I can get HDMI working. Analog sound with my 2ch desktop speakers was actually pretty damn good. I have high hope for this with my receiver and 5.1. We will see. I will report back after I try this. BTW I am using Catalyst 8.5 with Realtek R1.92 & R1.93 from their website. All other drivers for the MB I installed from the disk provided by Gigabyte. Also using PowerDVD ver. 3730a and VC1 playback averaged about 15-20% using stock video clock of 500MHz, 2 GB DDR 800 w/512MB alotted to video, and 4850e processor all at stock speeds. I have not tried MPEG 4 AVC yet. I am sure it will use more CPU even though HA is enabled. MY NB chip is quite hot so overclocking it, I think, would be dangerous. I will overclock the CPU and RAM for sure. CPU runs at 30C with stock cooler. Ram is Ballistix w/ heat spreaders.
post #2440 of 4430 Old 05-23-2008, 04:09 PM

Has anyone had any issues concerning audio feedback coming from the optical port? I have an optical cable running to my sony receiver and every time a sound finishes playing i am getting this deep short feedback coming from the computer. My specs are as follows

780 mobo
5000BE processor
2gig GSkill ram

software is
vista 32bit
ffdshow
realtek audio drivers
ati drivers

I have tried switching up the optical cables with no help. also i am not having any issues concerning feedback if i have audio coming from hdmi.
post #2441 of 4430 Old 05-23-2008, 06:48 PM

Hi all. After reading more than half this thread for info on this board I feel like I should share my experiences whit this board as well.

My system consists off these parts:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev 1.0
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9750 2.4Ghz@1.125v (original 1.3v)
Memory: Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX (2x2Gb ( 800Mhz@4.4.4.12@2.1v))
Graphics normally: 780G/HD3200
Graphics temporary: ATI HIS X850XT Ice-Q ITurbo (120mm ghetto/orginal Ice-Q fan broke) (installed because I needed tv-out for tv)
Monitor normally: LG L245WP-BN 24" (off on repairs at moment)
Monitor temporary: IBM G72 16" crt(11+ years old? still going strong :P ) & Tandberg 21" TV (crt)
PSU: Corsair HX620Watt
Case: Lian-Li PC-A01B (first weeks I had the system in a Cooler Master Centurion 5 case)
CD/DVD-burner: Pioneer DVR-215BK SATA
HDD: 1x Maxtor 10 200Gb SATA, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320Gb SATA2
Cooling: AMD stock cpu-cooler, 1x Nexus 80mm fan, 1x Cooler Master 80mm fan, 1x Cooler Master 120mm fan for X850XT.
Silencing: Be Quiet! PC Noise Absorber Kit (universal big tower kit)
Keyboard: Logitech Media Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
Headphones: Plantronics Audio 370 Gaming Headset (these are GOD in comfort!)

Well where to start? Lets start at the beginning.
Bought this board whit a Phenom 9750 as soon as it was clear it was supported, had planned a 9850BE at first but as it was not officially supported I went for a 9750 instead(I think I got a OEM PIB 9750 whit 95W actually...). Took some Corsair 2x2gb CL4 memory and they have not given any problems yet.
I started the whole system off whit installing the memory in slot 0 and 2 for single channel configuration though I thought it would be dual-channel at first. The Motherboard Manual was "f%¤/(d" so I made a chance. Well booted first time system seems to start but all is black on my monitor and I wait and stuff seem to happen whit the comp but as I get nothing on my LG L245WP-BN I shut down. Made a quick check of the stuff and saw no problems so I start her up again and now I see stuff. I go into bios and check things and all seem ok. Go off to next install Windows XP pro Sp2 and that gives no problems at all(IDE mode). My Maxtor(system) was connected to sata0, whit Seagate's to sata1 & 2 whit burner on the top port sata4? Installed the cd-drivers. All work stable! I install various stuff and notice the single channel memory setup, cranking the case open and put them in memory banks 0 & 1. Comp starts up instantly after and I change memory timings to the 4.4.4.12 whit 2.1volts. Standard SPD timings for these memory is 5.5.5.18@1.8volts so you have to set them manually to the correct tighter CL4@2.1v they are specified for. Seems stable and give no problems. I test some stress testing etc and notice those high temperatures on my cpu and the TMPIN3 when running OverDrive stability test. I also notice my cpu getting 1.4volts when at 100% load and 1.32volts in idle... So the motherboard overvolts quite alot... the 9750 is specified for 1.3volts. Whit bios F3 normal was reported as 1.25volts but as I got 1.32v in windows I figure that was incorrect but whit that overvolting under load I got some higher temps on cpu at reaching 60C. Then noticing I can't undervolt the cpu in bios... >_>; I notice I can do that atleast in AMD OverDrive. But that was left for later until I got my new Lian-Li PC-A01B case which run quite a bit hotter overall and really needed that undervolting to keep temps below 60C under 100% load.

I had problems whit the NIC on the motherboard. I would not get a proper working connection whit my router and internet so I did not get internet connection or it didn't work at all sometimes. had to disable the NIC and reactivate and reboots etc to get it working sometimes. It was a hell! Nothing worked until I removed my cheap tekComm 5port 10/100M Ethernet Mini Switch between the router and the computer... all problems vanished like they never existed in the first place... so I no longer use that switch, well at least not whit this comp connected to it. The switch worked perfectly whit my old computer and had no problems whit my laptop either so I have no idea what the problem is.

TMPIN3 can reach whole 127C whit my computer... but it gives no problems. idle lies currently at 87C. I have installed some gpu memory heatsinks on all the mosfett's on the motherboard, had to cut them to right sizes to fitt them at the various areas. Didn't notice a difference but those heatsinks around the cpu get burning hot whitin seconds of a cold computer booting up.

I have not tried to check if I had gotten HWAcc. to work whit video yet because my computer has chewed through every video I have thrown on it this far all smooth. That includes some 1080P MKV's. Just installed CCCP and using a newer MPC(the one in CCCP is old...) and I only updated the FDDShow video codec to latest whit multicore support as the one in CCCP was old and only used 1 core which wasn't enough for 1080P mkv but the newer FDDShow whit multicore support works all smooth.

Audio... well as I have no speakers but these headphones I haven't needed to do much... But I gotta note a small problem whit Audio. I get these half second lags or something time to time. A spot repeats like 3-5 times whitin a fraction of a second but you notice it and it irritates. Don't know where it comes from... Well I notice it the most when I'm typing or such. but just watching movies or listening to music doing nothing else I don't seem to notice such things. Anyone have a idea about that? I have the audio drivers from the CD installed so they aren't the latest. I have the newest on hdd just haven't bothered to update yet.

I have done stress testing now and then and stuff seems fairly stable this far. Haven't tested enough if the 1.125volts is enough for stability but there are quite a few hours there allready and it hasn't caused problems. I only sometimes get a freeze soon after I've started the comp up. but if it doesn't come whitin the first minutes all are stable for the rest off the day. The freeze comes whit the 1.3volts original aswell, so seems to relate to something else. Sometimes the graphics gets all distorted so I figure it may be the on-board graphics.
The temporary X850XT will be in use as long as my LG is in repairs and I need to use the 16" IBM screen and the tv in combo for video. As graphics goes I will buy a HD4850/70 later so I can play HD whit this comp later.

I love my new computer! It's a sneaky silent compact red-blue eyed fursting aluminium beast in heat wanting to kill something

I have XP SP3 now and F4 bios whit ATI 8.5 graphics drivers and latest motherboard drivers except the audio ones.

Well whatever reason or setup this motherboard is all ok for it's price. It's killer for the right circumstances actually! Could not have gotten a better motherboard for my current setup really either.

It's sad to read about whit the compatibility issues some people have whit their tv's but I hope that will be fixed soon.
post #2442 of 4430 Old 05-23-2008, 07:36 PM

never mind i actually fixed it. i just reinstalled vista and all the feedback has gone away. i guess it was some kind of software i had installed that caused it.
post #2443 of 4430 Old 05-23-2008, 10:43 PM

For all who install vista in EIDE mode, and then want to switch using AHCI (without re-installing again), please look here:

support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B922976&x=12&y=15
(sorry, I cannot post urls - please add http:// in front)

What is needed is a simple registry tweak.
post #2444 of 4430 Old 05-24-2008, 05:16 AM
Ix
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by petasis View Post

For all who install vista in EIDE mode, and then want to switch using AHCI (without re-installing again), please look here:

support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B922976&x=12&y=15
(sorry, I cannot post urls - please add http:// in front)

What is needed is a simple registry tweak.

That's a good tip, but there's a better way to do it on this motherboard:

Power down PC.

Plug boot drive in to SATA port 5 (the one that is sideways to the others)

Unplug other SATA devices for the moment.

Boot up, go in to bios settings, enable AHCI, make sure the option for port 4/5 reads "IDE".

Save bios settings and then boot in to Vista/Windows as normal.

Assuming you have the latest ATI CCC drivers installed and haven't deleted the install sources the new SATA controller will be detected and installed correctly.

When it's done, it will ask to reboot. Do so to be safe. Then shut down, plug in all your devices as normal, change AHCI to normal for all channels (unless you have a SATA DVD drive that gives it fits - that's why they give an option for ports 4/5 to remain IDE compatible, just plug troublesome devices in those if needed) and boot up. Done.

Takes a little longer, but it's the right way to do it and make sure the drivers are correctly installed without having to tweak your registry.
post #2445 of 4430 Old 05-24-2008, 06:05 AM

Doe annyone here get good results wit hardware acceleration and windows XP.
I can use this feature but no matter which application i get tearing.
post #2446 of 4430 Old 05-24-2008, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Guys I need your help. I am having issues when playing back HD DVD movies. I have tried both TMT and PowerDvd. In TMT, I can turn on and off the Hardware Acceleration and it apparently makes a different. It goes from the video stuttering and sound cutting out every few seconds to about constant. The resources used are between 60 to 80%. However, when I use PowerDvd I get 95 to 99%, but there doesn’t appear to be any stuttering or drops in sound, just the very high CPU usage. Also, when the movie is playing the Hardware Acceleration check box is unchecked and grayed out. Any advise as the best way to reduce the CPU usage and eliminate the video stuttering would be appreciated.

My Setup is
CPU: 5000+ Black
MB: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H RS780
Video Driver: ATI 8.5
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 2GB
DVD: LG HD DVD/Blu Ray GGC-H20L

Thanks,
Topp
post #2447 of 4430 Old 05-24-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonim View Post

As promised, I've attached screenshots of the AMD OverDrive utility for my setup. The CPU is an Athlon 64 X2 4400+; I've replaced the stock north bridge heatsink with a Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II. Everything else is default configuration (no overclocking).

How much drop did you see with Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II?
post #2448 of 4430 Old 05-24-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav994 View Post

Doe annyone here get good results wit hardware acceleration and windows XP.
I can use this feature but no matter which application i get tearing.

Made me almost cry at first when all my previously smooth 720 and 1080 MKVs now looked like page-flipping.

What software do you use? I simply checked that HWA is on in CCC (set deinterlacing to manual montion adaptive to start, and later try with auto) and checked HW deinterlacing in Core AVC Pro. I also have Haali splitter installed. I use Xp pro SP3 with the above, MPC and FFdshow installed and have chosen Core AVC for AVC/h.264 content and Cyberlingk OEM for Mpeg-2/Mpeg2-HD. I am very unsure if I have managed to make a missmatch between Core AVC / FFdshow and Haali splitter, but it works for me with an AMD 64x2 3800+. I also use Overlay as output in MPC. However, I beleive that the HTPC gurus here have knowledge about do's and dont's with these codecs, spltters and players.
post #2449 of 4430 Old 05-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Ix
Advanced Member

Hoping someone can help me with this board and display cloning.

I recently picked one of these up along with an Asus 3450. I got the latter primarily to compensate for the lack of Component video out on the motherboard; for $37 from Newegg for a card that hardly adds to either the power draw, noise, or heat and works in Hybrid Crossfire mode I figured, why not? Now I am thinking I was just a little too clever.

I admit I have a somewhat unusual setup - the HTPC is upstairs, plugged in to my projector for "prime time" viewing and it also feeds in to a nice component video over cat 5 distribution panel for viewing on my downstairs TV. This setup has worked for years (literally almost two) with my previous board; I had one 2400 card that fed DVI/HDMI to my projector setup and the component out fed the rest. I simply chose "Clone Display" in CCC options and I was off and running.

However I am having the devils time doing so with the current set up. Technically it's now two separate video cards - the onboard HD 3200, and the HD 3450. I have Display Mirroing turned on in the bios and Hybrid X-Fire DISABLED for now and yet I can only extend the desktop on to one card on another - there is no option to clone displays at all. Extended desktop has a number of problems, not the least that I have to manually select the display my videos/media portal runs on, and it loses focus if I click a mouse, leaving me with a blank extended desktop on the downstairs display. It's a serious PITA to work with which is why clone mode is just better.

I'm not trying to run different resolutions or refresh rates - 720p for both. There simply is no way to to even select clone. Am I missing something or is that not an option with my current setup? Do I need to disable the onboard IGP and run it all off one card, as I did before? That seems like a terrible waste of this boards abilities.

Any ideas?
post #2450 of 4430 Old 05-24-2008, 08:54 PM

I bought this board and the HD3850 and can only get the HD3850 to appear in windows vista 32-bit as the only available video card. How do I go about enabling the IGP with the HD3850 to display 4 monitors. Is there a Bios setting or is there some sort of extra connection I need to make?
post #2451 of 4430 Old 05-24-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthog View Post

I also notice my cpu getting 1.4volts when at 100% load and 1.32volts in idle... So the motherboard overvolts quite alot... the 9750 is specified for 1.3volts. Whit bios F3 normal was reported as 1.25volts but as I got 1.32v in windows I figure that was incorrect but whit that overvolting under load I got some higher temps on cpu at reaching 60C. Then noticing I can't undervolt the cpu in bios... >_>; I notice I can do that atleast in AMD OverDrive.

Thanks for these results - I'm considering dropping in a Phenom instead of my Athlon and was wondering how well they undervolt.

I'm curious though, are you sure you can't undervolt in the BIOS? With an Athlon you certainly can.
post #2452 of 4430 Old 05-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaltrader View Post

I bought this board and the HD3850 and can only get the HD3850 to appear in windows vista 32-bit as the only available video card. How do I go about enabling the IGP with the HD3850 to display 4 monitors. Is there a Bios setting or is there some sort of extra connection I need to make?

not sure if you can, I thought the hybrid graphics were only available with the 3450 or 3470 dedicated cards?
post #2453 of 4430 Old 05-24-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:

Do I need a hybrid corssfire card to get all four outputs to display, or can I connect 4 monitors using the IGP and HD3850?
post #2454 of 4430 Old 05-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Ix
Advanced Member

Quote:

Do I need a hybrid corssfire card to get all four outputs to display, or can I connect 4 monitors using the IGP and HD3850?

This I know for a fact - only a Hybrid-Crossfire compatible card - which for the 780G is either the 3450 or the 3470 - allows you to use it and the IGP, whether you enable Crossfire or not. Any other card will automatically disable the IGP. In order for Hybrid Crossfire to work both GPU's must be close to one another in performance. Unfortunately the auto-disable means you can't use the IGP for extra monitors either.
post #2455 of 4430 Old 05-25-2008, 01:48 AM

Quote:

TMPIN3 can reach whole 127C whit my computer...

must buy new heatsink...

Quote:

I have installed some gpu memory heatsinks on all the mosfett's on the motherboard, had to cut them to right sizes to fitt them at the various areas.

Just curious... how did you mount them?

Quote:

Audio... well as I have no speakers but these headphones I haven't needed to do much... But I gotta note a small problem whit Audio. I get these half second lags or something time to time. A spot repeats like 3-5 times whitin a fraction of a second but you notice it and it irritates. Don't know where it comes from... Well I notice it the most when I'm typing or such.

Hehe
Hehehehe
Heheheheheh
Let me guess - you do use PS2 keyboard, don't you? *blink*blink*
post #2456 of 4430 Old 05-25-2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

I had this happen on two of my gigabyte boards before I gave up on them. Eventually, it will not start at all.

RMA it.

Just FYI - you were absolutely right. It happened yesterday. Now it doesn't boot at all. I hope the replacement board is better. Thanks for the prediction anyway
post #2457 of 4430 Old 05-25-2008, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabnebula View Post

Thanks for these results - I'm considering dropping in a Phenom instead of my Athlon and was wondering how well they undervolt.

I'm curious though, are you sure you can't undervolt in the BIOS? With an Athlon you certainly can.

Well I have not found any undervolt capabilities whit F3 bios for my Phenom 9750. The lowest voltage I can pick is "Normal" which is stock voltage then there are only choices of like +0.025,+0.100 etc... only extra voltage choices. I came to think off that I haven't checked if I can undervolt now when I've gotten the F4 bios now. I will check that later so you'll have to wait. but whit F3 bios you can't, F4 I haven't checked out if I can yet.(didn't come to mind to check that but just now)
Well 1.125volts under windows changing seems all stable so phenoms undervolt ok, would have liked to go lower to like 1.1volt but it wasn't stable whit stock speed at that voltage. Prime95 crashed constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blickwinkel View Post

must buy new heatsink...

TMPIN3 can't show lower than 80C and NB not being hot whit touch that when the temps shows over 80... well I think that would be just useless. don't trust tmpin3 sensor value because it's 100% surely wrong.

Quote:

Just curious... how did you mount them?

They had thermal adhesive glue or whatever on their backsides so they stuck like super glue to the mosfet's as I pushed them in place.

Quote:

Hehe
Hehehehe
Heheheheheh
Let me guess - you do use PS2 keyboard, don't you? *blink*blink*

Yeah it's a PS2 keyboard. it's soon 4 years old but it's quite nice and haven't seen or felt the need to buy another keyboard. So it's causing the audio problem?
post #2458 of 4430 Old 05-25-2008, 04:56 AM

I have an weired problem with my new HTPC.

My configuration:
- Gigabyte MA78GM-SH2 (updated to latest Bios)
- 2x 1GB DDRII 800 Ram (Dual-Channel)
- AMD 4050e Processor (2x 2,1Ghz)
- Samsung SP2504C 250GB SATA HDD
- BeQuiet 350W PSU
- TV: Sony KDL40V3000

- Vista Ultimate 32Bit
- Media Player Classic HomeCinema (set to EVR Renderer)
- Resolution: 1080p24 (verified by TV)
- Catalyst 8.5

On my first try i installed all Drivers from Gigabytes Website, applied this special ATI registry Settings and installed CoreAVC and PowerDVD8 Ultra.

I tried some 1080p24 MKVs because my BR drive doesn't arrive before next week. The decoding works like a charme, CPU load stays below 15% but i recognized a ~1-second stutter every 37 seconds (like clockwork). The stutter comes up every 37 seconds but always at different positions in the movie so i don't think that there is something wrong with the MKV files. "okay" i thought must be cool'n'quiet. So i disabled cool'n'quiet in the bios and fixed the multiplicator at 9. The stutter remains
I'd monitored the CPU load but even while stuttering it remains below 15%. HDD activity is pretty low too.

My next assumption: The registry setting messed up something, so i made a complete reinstall but this time only with the latest driver and MPC-HC. What should i say the stutter is still there ...

Any ideas?
post #2459 of 4430 Old 05-25-2008, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been using this board (rev 1.0) now for a couple of months now... no major problems but one: I can't get the on-board NIC to work properly. I've got Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit installed.

Problem is that the with automatic IP-settings it doesn't even see the router, I get an "unknown network" with an 169.xxxxxx IP address. When I use a fixed IP it sometimes (!) sees the router, sometimes the LAN works.. but internet is a no-go.

I'm now using a USB-Wifi stick which works fine but is putting a big load on my voip modem-router so I want to install the PC wired.

I've got the latest drivers from gigabyte.com.tw installed and BIOS F4.

I'm desperate after weeks of trying... I'm thinking of getting a PCI NIC card to see if the problem is in Vista or in the mainboard.

Any ideas?
post #2460 of 4430 Old 05-25-2008, 06:09 AM

Quote:

Well I have not found any undervolt capabilities whit F3 bios for my Phenom 9750. The lowest voltage I can pick is "Normal" which is stock voltage then there are only choices of like +0.025,+0.100 etc... only extra voltage choices. I came to think off that I haven't checked if I can undervolt now when I've gotten the F4 bios now. I will check that later so you'll have to wait. but whit F3 bios you can't, F4 I haven't checked out if I can yet.(didn't come to mind to check that but just now)
Well 1.125volts under windows changing seems all stable so phenoms undervolt ok, would have liked to go lower to like 1.1volt but it wasn't stable whit stock speed at that voltage. Prime95 crashed constantly.

Then it's definitely different with an Athlon, because you get absolute voltage selections rather than relative. Same with F3/F4 bios.

You might want to try Ctrl+F1 when you enter BIOS setup to see if the additional options make any difference.

Interesting that you're able to undervolt a 9750 to 1.125V. The 9100e runs at a default of 1.10V and can reach 2.4GHz at this voltage according to Tom's Hardware.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page