The Over the Air Digital-to-Analog Converter Box Compatable with ReplayTVs Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 203 Old 02-26-2009, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post

My gut will tell me that, if your local channels are mapped into the second block of 1000, you will need to punch, for OTA Channel 2, "1002" on your ReplayTV Remote to get local channel 2-1.

Thanks, this worked. I set IN2 of the Replay TV to the local cable company (Comcast) and IN1 to Dish Network National. The local channels are mapped to the corresponding 10xx channels. I don't get the sub-channels but can live with this. I can now stop paying Dish for the local channels!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 203 Old 03-25-2009, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Got an expired TV converter box coupon? Now you can reapply to get a new one

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,4923779.story

I'm guessing if one responds quickly it's a near sure thing, and if one waits it becomes a crap shoot
post #183 of 203 Old 03-27-2009, 09:30 AM

The unit that works flawlessy is the DISH TR-40 tuner box. Around $50. Code for the IR blaster is 775A. Choose Echostar as your satellite box and download the Dish local channels.
Mike
post #184 of 203 Old 04-06-2009, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know if this is a good candidate for the replay, but the price is right.

anyone using one of these with a replaytv that can comment on it?

http://www.**************/forums/hot-deals/891747/
post #185 of 203 Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecow View Post

I don't know if this is a good candidate for the replay, but the price is right.

anyone using one of these with a replaytv that can comment on it?

Artec T3AP

anyone? would love to know the answer as well.
post #186 of 203 Old 04-12-2009, 06:03 AM

Liked: 11
If your interested in tuner strength I have a Zenith, Channel Master and Zinwell ZAT. The Zinwell has very noticeably stronger tuner than the other two. Gets channels the others don't zero dropout on some the others have problems with. Picture is almost as good as the CM the CM has better zoom (no lose of picture). The ZAT has timers, haven't tried to see if the Replay can control it or not will when I get a blaster I'm not scared to use.
post #187 of 203 Old 05-05-2009, 04:21 AM

I have the Apex 250. I tried to use he IR blaster code #7470 as described earlier in the post. But it would not change channels. Is there any other codes that work?

Also, I could not find the IR receiver on this unit, if you know where it is at (left, right, middle) that would be helpful as well. Thanks.
post #188 of 203 Old 05-06-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjakubowsky View Post

I have the Apex 250. I tried to use he IR blaster code #7470 as described earlier in the post. But it would not change channels. Is there any other codes that work?

Also, I could not find the IR receiver on this unit, if you know where it is at (left, right, middle) that would be helpful as well. Thanks.

The IR blaster code I use is 0749. The receiver is located just to the left
of the "IR" stenciled on the lens. Try holding the unit up to a bright light
and you should make out the outline of the receiver. Verify the output of
your IR blaster by viewing it through a digital camera's preview screen.
post #189 of 203 Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 PM

have dish Tr-40 too. Also choose dish local as provider. then chose "other" as satelite box and control it with code 7775.

As always thanks for your help!!!!
post #190 of 203 Old 07-26-2009, 03:45 PM

Channel Master CM-7000 Converter Box for $9.99 (AC) at Frys (after $40 gov card).
Apparently In-Store only -- can't find same discount on Outpost/Frys web-site.

http://www.frys-electronics-ads.com/...l-TV-Converter
post #191 of 203 Old 08-08-2009, 09:21 PM

Again this week, Channel Master CM-7000 Converter Box for $9.99 (AC) at Frys (after $40 gov card).
Still In-Store only -- can't find same discount on Outpost/Frys web-site.

http://www.frys-electronics-ads.com/...l-TV-Converter
post #192 of 203 Old 11-05-2009, 06:13 AM

Ok, Trying to find a post I made in, according to the search program, this thread, The key words on the search are my user ID (WA8YXM) and the number 7775... Search says P=6 (Page 6) but this thread only shows me 4 pages... I really need the info in that post..

Thanks in advanvce

John in Detroit, WA8YXM"Nothing adds excitment like something that is none of your business"
post #193 of 203 Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, my view shows this thread as having 7 pages. And going back to page 6 and looking for posts from you, the only one I find on page 6 is this one, which DOESN'T have 7775 in it. However, when I perform a serach on WA8YXM and 7775, the only post I find it the one you just made about searching...

Henry
post #194 of 203 Old 11-05-2009, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA8YXM View Post

Ok, Trying to find a post I made in, according to the search program, this thread, The key words on the search are my user ID (WA8YXM) and the number 7775...

You only made FIVE posts on AVS so I don't believe that you are the author.

Try an ADVANCED SEARCH on '7775' for this forum and see if one of the 12 hits is the post you're looking for.

Or try the CECB forum...

BTW, was it something about the DISH TR-40?

Low Post Count <> Low Knowledge ergo High Post Count <> High Knowledge

ClearToLand's Picks For Best Answers to Common ReplayTV Questions

Remember, it's only TV...
post #195 of 203 Old 11-22-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearToLand View Post

You only made FIVE posts on AVS so I don't believe that you are the author.

Try an ADVANCED SEARCH on '7775' for this forum and see if one of the 12 hits is the post you're looking for.

Or try the CECB forum...

BTW, was it something about the DISH TR-40?

No it was the DTV Pal + The TR-50 uses 775A it seems.

Now I can not even find the message I was refering to earlier Oh well

I am doing that today... Will see what happens Thanks

I will restate my problem then: Does anyone know the proper fine tuning settings for the Echostar DTV PAL + I know 7775 works, but I am unable to get lower (single digit primary) channels like 2-1 Now if I look for say 13-1 that works (I just type 131 and it goes there) but 21 don't work. it tries for channel 21-1 when I do that.. I once had it working,, but messed up the code and need to re-do it.. Thanks in advance.

John in Detroit, WA8YXM"Nothing adds excitment like something that is none of your business"
post #196 of 203 Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Attempting to make a long story short...

Have a LifeTime Replay. Want to make it control a CM-7000. I used WiRNS to load the custom codes, and the custom channel lineup. No worries. All is working fine.

Need to relocate unit to place where unit needs to connect via modem. I decide that it would be okay just to get -1 channels. Decide to use cable / sat lineup.

Problem 1. Unit cannot get local phone numbers. Remember reading that there is a magic number the RTV only learns at a factory setup. OKAY. Not a problem. 3-8-2-Zones Reset, Yes, I am sure.

Unit is reset. I tell it I need to conenct via modem. Connect, gets numbers and service providers. No worries there. But it does tell me that its downloading some configuration data or something... Hmmmm. Well, it goes through the motions, and I get to the next step. Setting up the box to work.

ARRGH!!! Custom codes that I have loaded are no longer available!!! WTF? I settle for the Pioneer factory code for now.

Questions for the community:

1. Does a 3-8-2-Zones Reset wipe out custom loaded IR Codes? (I am afraid that my RTV ran a checksum or something and re-loaded all my files -- well, I think it at least overwrote the ircodes files....)

2. Is there any way to load codes without a broadband internet connection?

3. Assuming the answer to #2 is, "No.", then are there any Winblows tools to mount the RTV disk to copy the files over manually?

All help would be appreciated before I kill myself trying to set up internet connection sharing via a 56k modem and a hub.

Cheers!
-Doug
post #197 of 203 Old 12-07-2009, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

1. Does a 3-8-2-Zones Reset wipe out custom loaded IR Codes? (I am afraid that my RTV ran a checksum or something and re-loaded all my files -- well, I think it at least overwrote the ircodes files....)

I think it would depend on how you installed the custom codes (although, maybe it wouldn't depend at all). There are two components, one is the file and one is the list of files. If you simply overwrote one of the existing files with new data, it might be that after a factory reset that the RTV would re-download that file and lose your custom settings. If you created a new file and had to update the list of files, then I doubt that a factory reset would remove that file, but it might be that it would cause the RTV to re-download the list of files and then your custom file wouldn't be in the list any longer to be useable...

Quote:

2. Is there any way to load codes without a broadband internet connection?

There are probably several ways. The first question would be if you have any kind of internet connection what so ever? There wouldn't be any reason that you couldn't connect your RTV to WiRNS via Ethernet and have WiRNS connect via dialup. If you configured the WiRNS PC with the same dialup information as the RTV itself (which you would have to get that information yourself), then you possibley could have WiRNS dialup on behalf of the RTV and still have WiRNS control the RTV as you are used to...

Quote:

3. Assuming the answer to #2 is, "No.", then are there any Winblows tools to mount the RTV disk to copy the files over manually?

Yes, using the instructions for the non-networked units, you use extract_rtv or extract_rtv5 to copy files onto the hard drive...

Quote:

All help would be appreciated before I kill myself trying to set up internet connection sharing via a 56k modem and a hub.

You don't need ICS to be able to run just your RTV. If you already have dialup Internet on a single computer, if you can run WiRNS on that same computer, then you can use it as the Internet connection for your RTV (just like how you normally setup your RTV to use WiRNS when you have broadband Internet). Since the RTV will go through WiRNS for everything, then you just need to have WiRNS having an Internet connection. So, whether you already have a single dialup account for a PC that you can run WiRNS on, or if you can configure that PC to dialup using the RTV dialup info, once you get WiRNS with an Internet connection and configure the RTV to connect to WiRNS you are set. You can also probably use a dialup router rather than using ICS (if you can still find a dialup router -- look on eBay). However, just getting the RTV connected to the WiRNS PC will allow you to use other RTV network tools, like DVArchive either from that PC, or setting up a Local Area Network that doesn't have Internet acces, but can still access the RTV...

Henry
post #198 of 203 Old 12-07-2009, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdonzis View Post

You don't need ICS to be able to run just your RTV. If you already have dialup Internet on a single computer, if you can run WiRNS on that same computer, then you can use it as the Internet connection for your RTV (just like how you normally setup your RTV to use WiRNS when you have broadband Internet). Since the RTV will go through WiRNS for everything, then you just need to have WiRNS having an Internet connection. So, whether you already have a single dialup account for a PC that you can run WiRNS on, or if you can configure that PC to dialup using the RTV dialup info, once you get WiRNS with an Internet connection and configure the RTV to connect to WiRNS you are set. You can also probably use a dialup router rather than using ICS (if you can still find a dialup router -- look on eBay). However, just getting the RTV connected to the WiRNS PC will allow you to use other RTV network tools, like DVArchive either from that PC, or setting up a Local Area Network that doesn't have Internet acces, but can still access the RTV...

Henry

I should just shoot myself....

Of course I can connect the RTV in question to a PC with Dial-up. The PC will be the WiRNS server and the internet gateway for my this effort. For some stupid reason I was thinking I needed something else. I was making it harder then it had to be.

The RTV will use dial-up after I get the IR codes back on the box, so all I will need to do is switch this thing over to ethernet, upload the codes, fix the STB issue, then switch it back to modem...

Thanks for turning on the light bulb in my head.

Cheers!
-Doug
post #199 of 203 Old 12-07-2009, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

then switch it back to modem...

If you didn't mind leaving WiRNS running on the PC with dialup, then you could leave the RTV configured to go through WiRNS and then still get your customized guide data...

That would also allow you run DVArchive if you like as well (using WiRNS for the guide data)!

Henry
post #200 of 203 Old 12-07-2009, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you didn't mind leaving WiRNS running on the PC with dialup, then you could leave the RTV configured to go through WiRNS and then still get your customized guide data...

That would also allow you run DVArchive if you like as well (using WiRNS for the guide data)!

Henry

Nah. I don't need the customized guide data... just the IR codes for this box. I have no intention of leaving the PC on to proxy connections. I can live with just the main (-1) channels. I can get sat guide data for the CM-7000 box by using the Fios lineup.

Cheers!
-Doug
post #201 of 203 Old 12-08-2009, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nah. I don't need the customized guide data... just the IR codes for this box. I have no intention of leaving the PC on to proxy connections. I can live with just the main (-1) channels. I can get sat guide data for the CM-7000 box by using the Fios lineup.

Cheers!
-Doug

Got it done. What did I learn last night?

1. Downloading a Sat / Fios lineup is painfully slow through a modem.
2. Replays like to reboot when you try to delete too many channels at once (or maybe there was a funky character in the listings when I got up to the 900th channel or something).
3. You cannot use the same service provider in different inputs.
4. You can't tweak / customize an uploaded code (at least I couldn't. I hit the right-arrow, and all I got was an asterisk. Second time I hit it, the thing rebooted.) So, I just loaded copies of the file, renamed, tweaked how I want it tweaked. Same rid file contents, but different ircodesRaw data (send enter, num digits, etc.)

After uploading codes via WiRNS, a crossover cable, and a PC with dialup, I was able to switch to modem for it to get updates.

Cheers!
-Doug
post #202 of 203 Old 12-08-2009, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Got it done. What did I learn last night?

1. Downloading a Sat / Fios lineup is painfully slow through a modem.
2. Replays like to reboot when you try to delete too many channels at once (or maybe there was a funky character in the listings when I got up to the 900th channel or something).
3. You cannot use the same service provider in different inputs.
4. You can't tweak / customize an uploaded code (at least I couldn't. I hit the right-arrow, and all I got was an asterisk. Second time I hit it, the thing rebooted.) So, I just loaded copies of the file, renamed, tweaked how I want it tweaked. Same rid file contents, but different ircodesRaw data (send enter, num digits, etc.)

All reasons to leave WiRNS running on the PC! WiRNS would download the channel guide when you don't care how long it takes and would allow your RTV to access it at high speeds whenever you want to perform a net connect!

I hadn't heard that one about not allowing the same service provider in different inputs. I don't think I've ever seen that happen although I could see how it wouldn't make much sense that it would have to access different channels through different inputs for the same service provider. I'm not sure how you would be able to set that up easily through WiRNS other than to use a scraper (assuming you could even do it that way). WiRNS doesn't really have a way to setup the same service provider for more than one lineup, either. I guess you could use a regular RTV provider for one input and a WiRNS provider for another input, which could be for the same service provider. Although, I'm not sure why you'd ever need to have the same provider on two different inputs such that some channels are available on one input and other on another. Since you are trying to get just certain channels, I can see how it makes sense for what you are trying to accomplish, but it doesn't make sense in general. If you were using Schedules Direct into WiRNS, then you could choose the digital over-the-air provider directly from it and then choose whatever your second provider really is. Or, using a scraper would probably allow you to get a real over-the-air listing as well...

Henry
post #203 of 203 Old 12-08-2009, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

All reasons to leave WiRNS running on the PC! WiRNS would download the channel guide when you don't care how long it takes and would allow your RTV to access it at high speeds whenever you want to perform a net connect!

I hadn't heard that one about not allowing the same service provider in different inputs. I don't think I've ever seen that happen although I could see how it wouldn't make much sense that it would have to access different channels through different inputs for the same service provider. I'm not sure how you would be able to set that up easily through WiRNS other than to use a scraper (assuming you could even do it that way). WiRNS doesn't really have a way to setup the same service provider for more than one lineup, either. I guess you could use a regular RTV provider for one input and a WiRNS provider for another input, which could be for the same service provider. Although, I'm not sure why you'd ever need to have the same provider on two different inputs such that some channels are available on one input and other on another. Since you are trying to get just certain channels, I can see how it makes sense for what you are trying to accomplish, but it doesn't make sense in general. If you were using Schedules Direct into WiRNS, then you could choose the digital over-the-air provider directly from it and then choose whatever your second provider really is. Or, using a scraper would probably allow you to get a real over-the-air listing as well...

Henry

Henry,

The RTV in question has access to an analog cable feed. The desire to use the STB was to get a better pic / widescreen pic for the OTA channels.

So, I originally was going to use Dish / D*TV / Fios as the 'second' input for the OTA, but there were too many channels, and the RTV rebooted when trying to delete them.

So, my next move was to simply use the analog cable input twice (once as IN2 S-Vid, and the other as ANT/CATV in. The RTV didn't like that, and I got an error after the RTV tried to set the clock. I didn't bother writing down the error code.

My final solution was to use the "Cablevision of Woodbury, Analog" lineup -- which was the original cable input, and --lucky me-- a "Cablevision of Woodbury, Analog (cable-ready TV)" lineup for the OTA STB. These providers are essentially the same, but since they have different 'names', they are different 'providers', so the RTV doesn't give fits. In addition, there are under 100 channels, so the data download didn not take nearly as long as the sat / digital cable lineup.

The result? I don't need to run a PC, and the RTV just phones home in the middle of the night via modem like a good little boy.

Cheers!
-Doug
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page