Unexpected result code. (851e0001)? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 56 Old 08-18-2015, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdonzis View Post
It's not a bad idea, but I see two problems with this. Number one, ALL of your DNS requests will be going through WiRNS, so it has to be 100% operational 24/7. And, number two, you have to turn on the DNS proxy in WiRNS to allow this. The DNS proxy is turned off by default because using WiRNS as a DNS server makes it prone to attacks. However, if it is simply the DNS server for your LAN, then it should be relatively safe...

And, basically to implement this, you'd simply copy the DNS setting of your router to WiRNS and then change the router's DNS to WiRNS. The drawback of this is that if your ISP changes your DNS, then it won't automatically update in WiRNS. You can always use some external fixed DNS, as you suggest. But, I was just thinking that simply rerouting the traffic might be the smoothest...

Now, configuring the hosts file in your router when possible, as I know you do, is the REAL answer to this dilemma! Then you don't have to worry about anything, and you've basically just taken replaytv.net out of the equation!

Henry
That configuring the hosts file in the router) is what I do. I was thinking of something that might work for those who can't do that. It would just need configuring once for every Replay on your network. It's not perfect (there's a problem if that DNS server fails), but it may be better than changing DNS for every Replay.

As to DNS, I don't use my ISP's DNS server. I don't like the way it won't return an error (for a noneistant domain) but a search. For one thing, I may make a typing error, like trying to view the page at "grc.com" but accidentally get "grc.cok" (last letter wrong). It's easy to go up and fix the error in the browser's address bar but NOT easy when it's been replaced by a "string of garbage" (the search query). Currently Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) behaves properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 Old 08-18-2015, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlloyd View Post
That configuring the hosts file in the router) is what I do. I was thinking of something that might work for those who can't do that. It would just need configuring once for every Replay on your network. It's not perfect (there's a problem if that DNS server fails), but it may be better than changing DNS for every Replay.

As to DNS, I don't use my ISP's DNS server. I don't like the way it won't return an error (for a noneistant domain) but a search. For one thing, I may make a typing error, like trying to view the page at "grc.com" but accidentally get "grc.cok" (last letter wrong). It's easy to go up and fix the error in the browser's address bar but NOT easy when it's been replaced by a "string of garbage" (the search query). Currently Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) behaves properly.
Yep, we know what you do. However, since this is for everyone else, it shouldn't be based on changing the way your whole LAN operates just to make changing your Replays easy. I certainly wouldn't want to recommend that people go out and just start using some DNS out there. First of all, they aren't guaranteed to stay out there, and secondly, maybe their performance may suffer from time to time. In addition, some people may actually like the way that DNS redirect works for nonexistent host names. So, the concept is based on changing your entire LAN for the benefit of your Replays. As such, I would certainly just recommend moving your ISP's DNS to WiRNS and changing the router's DNS to WiRNS...

However, it may not even be that easy. Since most routers base their DNS on their DHCP lease, they may not even be configurable to change the router's DNS to something else. And, I'm certainly not going to go down the road of what routers or what firmware people should be using. Facts are facts, this has to be easy for the very basic user, and they may even be using their ISP's modem as their router, and that kind of change may not be very easy...

Henry
post #33 of 56 Old 08-18-2015, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thank you guys for your help! I will try this later tonight.

A couple of questions if you have time to respond:

1. What is the basis for the two different DNS addresses provided in the posts: "use 52.20.175.80 instead" (instead of "Change both DNS servers to 207.58.129.219")? (I can't insert links to these posts -- too new a user.)

2. If I want to use wirns going forward, rather the Laho, is one DNS address better than the other? (52.20.175.80 versus 207.58.129.219)

3. What do these comments mean:

"That configuring the hosts file in the router) is what I do." mlloyd

"Now, configuring the hosts file in your router when possible, as I know you do, is the REAL answer to
this dilemma!" hdonzis

If this is addressed elsewhere (maybe with instructions), I would appreciate a link. Trying to figure out if its someone I (a "very basic user") should do/try.

Thanks again.

post #34 of 56 Old 08-18-2015, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadda View Post
1. What is the basis for the two different DNS addresses provided in the posts: "use 52.20.175.80 instead" (instead of "Change both DNS servers to 207.58.129.219")? (I can't insert links to these posts -- too new a user.)

2. If I want to use wirns going forward, rather the Laho, is one DNS address better than the other? (52.20.175.80 versus 207.58.129.219)
It's very straight forward. 52.20.175.80 is the address to use if you simply want to get around the problem with DNNA setting the clock. You'll just be right back where you started, with a configured Replay with no guide data. The other address is for LaHo itself, if you actually want to use that service. If you're not going to use the LaHo service, then there's no point in using that address, there's no way you can get through the Quick Setup after a factory reset going through LaHo unless you have a subscription with LaHo...

Now, if you're planning on using WiRNS going forward, then you can either use the 52.20.175.80 address now to get your Replay through the Quick Setup and then have to reconfigure it for WiRNS, or you can just wait to get WiRNS installed and use WiRNS to allow your Replay to finish the Quick Setup. It might be easier to use the "extra special good will" to complete your Replay's Quick Setup so that it might be easier for you going forward...

Henry
post #35 of 56 Old 08-18-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Thank you guys for your help! I will try this later tonight.

3. What do these comments mean:

"That configuring the hosts file in the router) is what I do." mlloyd

"Now, configuring the hosts file in your router when possible, as I know you do, is the REAL answer to
this dilemma!" hdonzis

If this is addressed elsewhere (maybe with instructions), I would appreciate a link. Trying to figure out if its someone I (a "very basic user") should do/try.

Thanks again.
AFAIK, many routers don't allow modifying DNS. On mine, I have the alternate firmware called DD-WRT (dd-wrt.com) which does allow this (I previously used Tomato, which did too). The website tells what routers allow DD-WRT.

DD-WRT uses a program called DNSMasq. You can set the following:

address=/replaytv.net/192.168.1.81

where the IP at the end is for the WiRNS machine. This applies to all subdomains of "replaytv.net" In DD-WRT, you go to the "Services" tab and enter it in "Additional DNSMasq Options".

I currently have 8 5xxx Replays, plus the 2020 on freesco. They all connect to WiRNS and none of then have manual network settings.

Note that changing the firmware on a router can be risky (to the router), and is not something everyone should do. Also, it's recommended not to do it over a (less reliable) WiFi connection. Make sure you have the right firmware for that router.

I'm sure there are other routers around that allow DNS redirection like this; some with DNSMasq, some with some other program.

BTW, I had just installed a new disk image on the 2020 (equivalent to doing a factory reset). There was no problem with setting it up (other than WiRNS won't serve a guide to an unknown Replay).
post #36 of 56 Old 08-18-2015, 08:55 PM

Again, thank you gentlemen for the quick replys and information. More questions if your time allows:

hdonzis: Regarding the extra good will, thank you for that. You noted that the IP address will "also correct the Zones download problem and software updates problem."

I assumed that with the former mothership going banko, there would be no more software updates. Is that inaccurate? Is somebody else providing software updates?

mlloyd: I appreciate your response, but I'm still not understanding the advantage of configuring the hosts file in the router.

Either/anybody: What are the opinions about Laho versus wirns? Is there any consensus? Wirns is somewhat cheaper. It also appears to have the advantage of allowing more storage. If I understand it correctly, one can backup programs from the RTV to one's pc, and maybe one can also store directly on the pc, and then serve to the RTV, sort of like DVarchive. It seems that Wirns would be a better solution, unless someone does not want to use a pc.

Thoughts appreciated.
post #37 of 56 Old 08-18-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Again, thank you gentlemen for the quick replys and information. More questions if your time allows:

hdonzis: Regarding the extra good will, thank you for that. You noted that the IP address will "also correct the Zones download problem and software updates problem."

I assumed that with the former mothership going banko, there would be no more software updates. Is that inaccurate? Is somebody else providing software updates?

mlloyd: I appreciate your response, but I'm still not understanding the advantage of configuring the hosts file in the router.

Either/anybody: What are the opinions about Laho versus wirns? Is there any consensus? Wirns is somewhat cheaper. It also appears to have the advantage of allowing more storage. If I understand it correctly, one can backup programs from the RTV to one's pc, and maybe one can also store directly on the pc, and then serve to the RTV, sort of like DVarchive. It seems that Wirns would be a better solution, unless someone does not want to use a pc.

Thoughts appreciated.
The router configutation I was talking about fixes your local DNS so every device on your network requesting an address for the "replaytv.net" domain will get the WiRNS IP rather than an internet IP (that provides no guide and may stop working anytime).

1. It works for ALL machines on the network (note that this means it would not be OK with WiRNS2).
2. It does not require any special settings on the Replay (like manual addressing does).
3. It avoids the problems of initial setup (such as after a factory reset).

Note that the old DHCP problem still exists, and is best solved by address reservation on the router. Because of this and the DNS stuff above, I have a lot fewer Replay network problems.

As to WiRNS, I found that I liked being more in control of my Replays. Also, I depend on multi-Replay automatic recordings (JIT).

Either WiRNS or DVArchive (dvarchive.org) allow you to copy shows from a Replay to your computer. DVA does it somewhat better, and has flexible events to do it automatically. You could run both.

BTW, I usually check this forum just once a day, but is has been more active lately (almost like it was four years ago).
post #38 of 56 Old 08-18-2015, 10:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Uh, there haven't been any updates in years, probably 10 years. But, when a person has to replace their hard drive, they have to use an image with the version software they want. The problem in the past was that the mothership wasn't properly performing software updates or Zone populates to bring the unit fully up to operational. You can read plenty of posts of people trying to get updates and Zones from the mothership unsuccessfully. But, when I was figuring out the clock setting problem, I also figured out why the Zone downloads and software updates weren't working as well, and corrected that at the same time. So, the extra special good will project simply makes the mothership work as it should, for however long it continue to operate, nothing more...

Henry
post #39 of 56 Old 08-19-2015, 01:07 AM

Gentlemen: Thanks again for your quick and patient answers for a noob.

The good news is that I'm back to where I was yesterday before resetting to factory defaults. I followed your suggestions, and used the Extra Special Good Will to set the clock and reactivate. I can now insert manual network settings again.

The bad new is that I'm back to where I was yesterday before resetting. My RTV still cannot download guide data from my pc. The RTV cannot connect to wirns (at least not to get guide data), and the RTV network setting keep returning to the 52.20.175.80 ip address. RTV reports in details that my wirns IP is "reachable." But it won't download guide data.

What the heck? I thought I was good to go, but not the case. Firewall is turned off.

Any more ideas for me??
post #40 of 56 Old 08-19-2015, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I then switched to Wirns -- I got it setup on my pc, which could see my RTV, but my RTV would not download the SD/wirns program guide after numerous attempts.
I had this same problem and it turned out that the RTV units weren't properly "known" by WiRNS.

Here's how to check that:

1. Go to the WiRNS website -> Configuration -> Replays screen
2. Make sure all your RTVs are listed.
3. Click on the "Edit" button for the first RTV
4. Enter 411-Zones on the corresponding RTV
5. Compare the value in the WiRNS "Serial Number" field with what's on the RTV screen.
6. If they don't match then update WiRNS with what's on the RTV screen.
7. Make sure the Lineup(s) are set correctly for the RTV.
8. Press Update.
9. Repeat for all RTVs

Restart WiRNS and then try to update the guide.

Good luck.

Last edited by Tirebiter; 08-19-2015 at 06:29 AM.
post #41 of 56 Old 08-19-2015, 10:00 AM

Thanks Tirebiter. I tried your suggestion -- but the serial numbers match, and I got the same negative result when trying again to download the guide data. Any more ideas of things to try?
post #42 of 56 Old 08-19-2015, 11:52 AM

My "wirns debug log" says "An invalid IP address was specified." (The "wirns log" does not show any errors.) The debug log references "c:\CVS\WiRNS3\WiRNS\DNSProxy." I don't see folders named CVS nor Wirns3, and no file or folder named DNSProxy.

Ideas appreciated.
post #43 of 56 Old 08-20-2015, 01:58 AM

Hi Tirebiter:

I erred earlier -- I rechecked and the "serial number" listed at 127.0.0.1:xxxx/manage/ConfigureWirns was incorrect -- it was not the SN of my RTV.

(When I checked this morning, I was looking at one of SNs stored locally on wirns at 192.162.x.x.) (Also, the 127.0.0.1 "serial number" is on the same line as "Host Name" and I didn't get that it was the SN of the RTV.)

So, somehow the 127.0.0.1 website auto-populated an incorrect SN. I corrected it as you suggested, and tried again. Still no luck -- no guide data.

Then I found the incorrect SN in another location: http://192.168.x.x/manage/ConfigureReplays -- also listed the wrong SN. I updated and tried again.

Progress: The RTV now accepts the wirns IP address (192.168.x.x). (And I got a number of old DNNA messages about software updates, etc.)

But still no guide data on the RTV. I'll try again tomorrow. Very time consuming. Weird that wirns auto-populated an incorrect SN twice. (I only have one RTV, so I don't know where it got the wrong SN.)

I'm wondering if there is other incorrect data stored in wirns that is preventing the guide data from loading on the RTV. Maybe I should delete and reinstall Wirns?

Any others ideas/suggestions?
post #44 of 56 Old 08-20-2015, 03:28 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Hi Tirebiter:

I erred earlier -- I rechecked and the "serial number" listed at 127.0.0.1:xxxx/manage/ConfigureWirns was incorrect -- it was not the SN of my RTV.

(When I checked this morning, I was looking at one of SNs stored locally on wirns at 192.162.x.x.) (Also, the 127.0.0.1 "serial number" is on the same line as "Host Name" and I didn't get that it was the SN of the RTV.)

So, somehow the 127.0.0.1 website auto-populated an incorrect SN. I corrected it as you suggested, and tried again. Still no luck -- no guide data.

Then I found the incorrect SN in another location: http://192.168.x.x/manage/ConfigureReplays -- also listed the wrong SN. I updated and tried again.

Progress: The RTV now accepts the wirns IP address (192.168.x.x). (And I got a number of old DNNA messages about software updates, etc.)

But still no guide data on the RTV. I'll try again tomorrow. Very time consuming. Weird that wirns auto-populated an incorrect SN twice. (I only have one RTV, so I don't know where it got the wrong SN.)

I'm wondering if there is other incorrect data stored in wirns that is preventing the guide data from loading on the RTV. Maybe I should delete and reinstall Wirns?

Any others ideas/suggestions?
This may not be your problem, but there is a known bug in the RTV software, where even if you set the IP address to Manual, during boot up, the RTV will request a dynamic IP address from your DHCP server.

Most of the time, this doesn't happen and the RTV will get the same IP address of the Manual settings. But, not always. Does your router have the ability to set IP address for a given MAC address? They may call it DHCP Reservations in the router. If so, place the RTV in the list, with the specified IP address, and then you'll never have to worry about this particular bug again.

Rob

Thanks: ijprest, waynethedvrguy, Remmer99, hdonzis, gduprey, LeeThompson, j.m., archdog99, FlipFlop, The Dreamer, chriv and all the other Replay Hackers out there.
post #45 of 56 Old 08-20-2015, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the suggestion -- I'll try it tonight.

(I briefly used wirns several years ago, but then DNNA came back with guide service. I did not not manually reset the IPs to DNNA -- it just happened. So the bug you describe may be what caused my RTV to phone home to the mothership.)
post #46 of 56 Old 08-20-2015, 02:29 PM

I'd appreciate input on a related question: when choosing a cable TV provider, my choices were:

[city name] -Comcast Digital
[city name] - xxxx Broadcast

I didn't see anything like "Wirns: [city name] Comcast Digital"

On Planet Replay, hdonzis wrote: "Did you make sure to choose a "WiRNS:" lineup on the ReplayTV?"

Tirebiter responded: " ReplayTV actually initiated the change for the service provider. It now reads: WiRNS: Verizon Fios Queens - Digital "

Should I be finding the word "Wirns:" in the list of cable providers? (The setup guides I have seen don't appear to mention this. E.g., http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=15928)

Would this explain my inability to download guide data?
post #47 of 56 Old 08-20-2015, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Should I be finding the word "Wirns:" in the list of cable providers? (The setup guides I have seen don't appear to mention this. E.g., http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=15928)

Would this explain my inability to download guide data?
Yes. You should see "WiRNS:" in the lineup name.

But before we even go there....

1. Have you subscribed to Schedules Direct?
2. If yes, then have you selected a lineup with Schedules Direct?
3. Do you have "Serve Guide Data to Replays" checked-off in your WiRNS / Guide Data configuration page? Have you provided your SD username / password in WiRNS so it can download guide data?
4. Is the PC you are running WiRNS on have a static IP address?
5. Do you have "Add zip to Schedules Direct Lineup" checked? in WiRNS / Guide Data configuration page?
6. Is you ReplayTV set for MANUAL?
7. In your RTV's Network Settings, are DNS1 and DNS2 set to the IP address of your PC which is running WiRNS?
8. Did you change the Zip Code on your RTV to something you've never used before? Like "99999"?
post #48 of 56 Old 08-20-2015, 11:38 PM

Hi dstoffa and rlichtefel:

Regarding your questions/suggestions: Responses to dstoffa first:

1. Yes.
2. Yes (but I don't see a "Wirns:" option).
3. Yes ("Serve Guide Data to Replays" checked.
Yes (SD info provided)
4. Yes (at least the IP has not changed since I've been trying to download guide data: 192.168.x.x).
5. No, that box was not checked. I checked it. (I don't recall seeing instructions about checking that box. What does it mean, and what does it do?)
6. Yes, if I understand you correctly. I reset the NETWORK and INPUT SETTINGS in the RTV manually numerous times. They finally stuck -- see next answer.
7. Yes, DNS1 and DNS2 finally reset to IP address of my PC after Tirebiter suggested I check the RTV serial numbers, two of which had populated with wrong numbers.
8. I have used several zipcodes. I just tried using "99999," without success. The zipcode change does not complete -- I have tried several times.

9. I also looked for a "Wirns: [city name] Comcast Digital" option on the RTV. I don't see that a "Wirns:" option. My options are:

[city name] - xxxx Broadband
[city name] - Comcast Digital
[city name2] - Comcast Digital
Other Service Provider [If I click that option, the message says to call Replaytv.]

10. Regarding rlichtefel's idea (in Post 44): ("Does your router have the ability to set IP address for a given MAC address? They may call it DHCP Reservations in the router.") My Belkin router does not seen to have that option -- at least not with the description "DHCP reservation" or "gateway." It has a function called "DHCP Client List," but that list is not editable. It also has a function called MAC address filtering, but that doesn't sound like what rlichtefel was describing.

My status: still no guide data on the RTV.

Any more ideas? Should I uninstall and reinstall wirns? I don't understand why it populated an incorrect serial number for the RTV. Thank for any suggestions. Frustrating.
post #49 of 56 Old 08-21-2015, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Hi dstoffa and rlichtefel:

Regarding your questions/suggestions: Responses to dstoffa first:

1. Yes.
2. Yes (but I don't see a "Wirns:" option).
3. Yes ("Serve Guide Data to Replays" checked.
Yes (SD info provided)
4. Yes (at least the IP has not changed since I've been trying to download guide data: 192.168.x.x).
5. No, that box was not checked. I checked it. (I don't recall seeing instructions about checking that box. What does it mean, and what does it do?)
6. Yes, if I understand you correctly. I reset the NETWORK and INPUT SETTINGS in the RTV manually numerous times. They finally stuck -- see next answer.
7. Yes, DNS1 and DNS2 finally reset to IP address of my PC after Tirebiter suggested I check the RTV serial numbers, two of which had populated with wrong numbers.
8. I have used several zipcodes. I just tried using "99999," without success. The zipcode change does not complete -- I have tried several times.

9. I also looked for a "Wirns: [city name] Comcast Digital" option on the RTV. I don't see that a "Wirns:" option. My options are:

Other Service Provider [If I click that option, the message says to call Replaytv.]

10. Regarding rlichtefel's idea (in Post 44): ("Does your router have the ability to set IP address for a given MAC address? They may call it DHCP Reservations in the router.") My Belkin router does not seen to have that option -- at least not with the description "DHCP reservation" or "gateway." It has a function called "DHCP Client List," but that list is not editable. It also has a function called MAC address filtering, but that doesn't sound like what rlichtefel was describing.

My status: still no guide data on the RTV.

Any more ideas? Should I uninstall and reinstall wirns? I don't understand why it populated an incorrect serial number for the RTV. Thank for any suggestions. Frustrating.
1) Do you have Guide Date in WiRNS?
Select Tools > Current Channel Guide.
Do you see any shows for the current time?
If not, you need to make sure your Schedules Direct info is correct, use the menu: Configuration > Guide Data
and then use the Administration > Update Guide until you do get the Guide info on WiRNS.

Once you have Guide Data on WiRNS, then proceed with the next steps.

2) Edit each RTV on the Configuration > Replays and make sure there is a Lineup Selected.
There should be something selected next to "Lineup 1 (Offset 0)"
This should match the name of the Lineup you have selected/created in Schedule Direct.
If there is nothing to select, go back to step 1.

3) Go into WiRNS, and use the menus Administration > Rotate Log Files. This will backup your current Log File, and start a new one.

4) Now go to the first RTV, and change the the Zip Code, and it should try to contact WiRNS to get the new Guide that is available. You should see one of them starting with the letters WiRNS:.

5) If you don't see the Guide with WiRNS in the name, come back here and post your log file from WiRNS. That file is located in the same folder where you have WiRNS, and will be named wirns.log.
That will give us info to see what your RTV is sending to WiRNS, and what WiRNS is trying to send back.

Rob

Thanks: ijprest, waynethedvrguy, Remmer99, hdonzis, gduprey, LeeThompson, j.m., archdog99, FlipFlop, The Dreamer, chriv and all the other Replay Hackers out there.
post #50 of 56 Old 08-21-2015, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Guys, this can only mean one of two things. One, the Replay is not connecting to WiRNS at all, it is still connecting to DNNA. Or, two, that WiRNS2 is being used instead of WiRNS3. There is no amount of misconfiguration of WiRNS3 that could possibly allow DNNA lineups to be present after changing the ZIP code, it can only mean one of those two things!

Henry
post #51 of 56 Old 08-22-2015, 03:47 PM

hdonzis:

Pretty sure I have Wirns3:

Configuration:
WiRNS_Main.dll 3.0 build 5705 revision 15481

Configured Replays:

Name Type IP Address Polled
PC WiRNS 192.168.x.x
RTV 5060 192.168.x.x Y

So, seems like I have Wirns 3. And that wirns can see the replaytv unit. (But it is unclear whether the RTV is still trying to get guide data from DNNA, even though the DNS addresses are 192.168.x.x). In any event, I still have no guide data on the RTV.

I will run through rlichtefeld's steps next.
post #52 of 56 Old 08-22-2015, 06:05 PM

Hello rlichtefeld:

1. Yes, I have Guide Date in WiRNS. Yes, I see shows for the current time.

(I deleted my channel line-up in Schedules Direct and then re-selected it. I wanted to to if "Wirns: [city name] Comcast Digital" was an option. It's not.)

2. Edit each RTV on the Configuration > Replays and make sure there is a Lineup Selected.

Done -- the line-ups in SD and Wirns match. ("[zipcode] - Comcast Digital")

3. Go into WiRNS, and use the menus Administration > Rotate Log Files.

Done -- logs backed-up.

4) Now go to the first RTV, and change the the Zip Code, and it should try to contact WiRNS to get the new Guide that is available. You should see one of them starting with the letters WiRNS:.

Done, but no luck. RTV says it is "connecting" but never connects. After a long delay, it finally says "Unexpected result code (844e0002)."

5. If you don't see the Guide with WiRNS in the name, post your log file from WiRNS.

[8/22/2015 17:31:23] Starting netconnect for Replay at 192.168.x.x
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Updating ReplayGuide information
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Processing local shows.
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Processing local shows done.
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Refreshing Replays.
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: xxx-PC(192.168.x.x)
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Parsed 0/0 entries as of 8/22/2015 5:36PM.
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: [rtv]...(192.168.x.x)
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Recording guide up to date.
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Parsed 0/0 entries as of 8/22/2015 4:03PM.
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Refreshing Replays done.
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Refreshing ReplayGuide information.
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for xxxxx-PC
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Added 0 ReplayGuide shows for [rtv]
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Added 0 Downloaded shows for all
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Refreshing ReplayGuide information done.
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli.
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Checking for shows to hide from Poopli done.
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Updating ReplayGuide flags...
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Updated ReplayGuide flags in 0.0510029 seconds (0.0500029 clear, 0.001 downloaded, 0 duplicate).
[8/22/2015 17:36:13] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli.
[8/22/2015 17:36:14] Uploading ReplayGuide data to Poopli done.
[8/22/2015 17:36:14] Update of ReplayGuide information done

Does that suggest anything I can try? (The log says there are "0 ReplayGuide shows" but I can see them in wirns -- see answer #1 .)

Appreciate your suggestions.
post #53 of 56 Old 08-24-2015, 08:33 AM

Interesting.

In Schedules Direct and on the list of each my Replay, there is no zip code - This is what is listed under each of my Replays:
"Charter Communications Gwinnett - Digital"
No zip code in the description of the schedule from SD and availalble for pull down on the RTV configuration page. But, it could be that you have selected the option to "Add Zip to SchedulesDirect lineup" on the Guide Data page.

It seems that something is trying to talk to the WiRNS. You see it in these lines:
[8/22/2015 17:31:23] Starting netconnect for Replay at 192.168.x.x
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Updating ReplayGuide information
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Processing local shows.
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Processing local shows done.
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Refreshing Replays.
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: xxx-PC(192.168.x.x)
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Parsed 0/0 entries as of 8/22/2015 5:36PM.
[8/22/2015 17:36:12] Refreshing RecordingGuide for: [rtv]...(192.168.x.x)

Does, the 192.168.x.x match any of the IP addresses shown on Configuration > Replays screen of WiRNS?
(BTW, since these addresses are local to your network, you can show them. Only external IPs would be "bad" to show.)

If the IPs don't match, edit them on the Configure > Replays, and try connecting again.

Rob

post #54 of 56 Old 08-24-2015, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Boy, you guys are pulling this poor guy in two different directions! Doug tells him to check mark the "add ZIP code" check box, and Rob questions having that check box checked.

And, Rob, none of that activity is anything trying to talk to WiRNS. The "Starting netconnet" line is generated by WiRNS when you press the "Net Connect" button in the Replays web page. And, the rest of those lines are simply WiRNS performing its regular refresh update, which typically happens every 4 hours.

The fact of the matter is that there doesn't appear to be any activity in WiRNS showing that the Replay is communicating with it at all, so I would start with figuring out why the Replay can't communicate with WiRNS, like disabling firewalls and anti-virus for a short period of time.
post #55 of 56 Old 08-25-2015, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayAddict View Post
Boy, you guys are pulling this poor guy in two different directions! Doug tells him to check mark the "add ZIP code" check box, and Rob questions having that check box checked.

And, Rob, none of that activity is anything trying to talk to WiRNS. The "Starting netconnet" line is generated by WiRNS when you press the "Net Connect" button in the Replays web page. And, the rest of those lines are simply WiRNS performing its regular refresh update, which typically happens every 4 hours.

The fact of the matter is that there doesn't appear to be any activity in WiRNS showing that the Replay is communicating with it at all, so I would start with figuring out why the Replay can't communicate with WiRNS, like disabling firewalls and anti-virus for a short period of time.
I didn't realize that he was talking to Henry in the other forum. And, there seem to be lots of problems with his setup. I asked him to go to the Replay TV to change the zip code so that I could see if there was any activity, but evidently he went to the WiRNS to start the NetConnect to that Replay. I'm sorry that I wasn't the help that he needed.

Rob

post #56 of 56 Old 08-25-2015, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlichtefeld View Post
I didn't realize that he was talking to Henry in the other forum. And, there seem to be lots of problems with his setup. I asked him to go to the Replay TV to change the zip code so that I could see if there was any activity, but evidently he went to the WiRNS to start the NetConnect to that Replay. I'm sorry that I wasn't the help that he needed.
Oh, I didn't know that either. I was just tickled that Doug told him to check mark "add ZIP code", and he replied that he didn't know about that and he would try that, and then you commented that him having ZIP codes was different than yours, which he had only done because Doug told him to.

But, yeah, he seems to be getting a lot of different advice, it's nice that you and Doug are all trying to help him, but it looks like a lot of different directions to me, so I was just throwing in my $.02.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page