Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I tried the settings as listed here:

http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=13529

and here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055672

And I still can't get Poopli to work (esp. the IVS Tester).

This post says that Verizon blocks this sort of thing:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/rema...96969~start=20

Am I fighting a losing battle? All research I've done comes up w/ dif't answers. Some folks say it's impossible, others say it can be done, but when I follow their steps, it doesn't work for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, I just have FIOS internet, not FIOS TV, if that matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have that Router and Fios and don't have any trouble. I'm going to say for the steps below that your Replay uses port 39000 and the static address of your replay is 192.168.1.50 Insert your own values.

Log into your Router, Firewall Settings. Yes to the Nag Screen, Port Forwarding.
Down At the Bottom Select Add
Leave Public Address UNChecked. 192.168.1.50 in the network address
Under Protocol Click Add, Service Name RTV1 (I use a different # for each replay)
Add Server Ports, TCP, 39000 Apply
Apply
Apply

If that doesn't get you on the right track, let me know.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:33 AM

Under your other post, I have posted my setup with router MI424-WR. I have not experienced any problems setting up port forwarding with ReplayTV, IVSMagic, or SlingPlayer...

By the way, as a hint, did you follow step by step instructions on setting it up per: http://www.poopli.com/forum/showthre...=&threadid=816

Because you should test everything is set up correctly within your local area network before trying to see if it is working from the Internet.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

The only problem I had with the ActionTec was in trying to assign static IP addresses for the Replays. Drove me crazy in that after a couple of days the router reverted to dynamic IP addresses. The solution was to wait until the ActionTec assigned the IP addresses at its whim, and then set those very same addresses on each Replay as a static address. Never had a problem again. As to port forwarding, I agree, it isn't very clear or intuitive, but once properly set it's reliable [as evidenced by my managing to send over 1,500 shows in just the last 9 months on the ActionTec].

||||||||||||||| Soylent Green is.......PEOPLE! Or is it a Status Bar? Ah, it's a dessert topping!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffcor View Post

I have that Router and Fios and don't have any trouble. I'm going to say for the steps below that your Replay uses port 39000 and the static address of your replay is 192.168.1.50 Insert your own values.

Log into your Router, Firewall Settings. Yes to the Nag Screen, Port Forwarding.
Down At the Bottom Select Add
Leave Public Address UNChecked. 192.168.1.50 in the network address
Under Protocol Click Add, Service Name RTV1 (I use a different # for each replay)
Add Server Ports, TCP, 39000 Apply
Apply
Apply

If that doesn't get you on the right track, let me know.

Sorry it took so long to reply. Followed your instructions to the letter, substituting the IP address of my Replay and a dif't port number.

Your "Protocol" rule reads as follows:

"RTV1 - TCP 39000 -> Any"

Correct? (Mine has a dif't port, but just making sure)
Old 03-15-2009, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrin View Post

Under your other post, I have posted my setup with router MI424-WR. I have not experienced any problems setting up port forwarding with ReplayTV, IVSMagic, or SlingPlayer...

By the way, as a hint, did you follow step by step instructions on setting it up per: http://www.poopli.com/forum/showthre...=&threadid=816

Because you should test everything is set up correctly within your local area network before trying to see if it is working from the Internet.

I'm good up through step #3 (but that one passes regardless of which port I use; it's like they're ALL getting forwarded to the Replay... something that elsewhere in that thread I see is a No-No?)

Step #4 does not work. All I get is a blank HTML page.

Edit: changed port to 29000 and this time it worked. Thanks, all.