Any word on guide support?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 03-28-2009, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just curious whether there is a definitive end date for the guide for the ReplayTV? I have a ReplyTV 4040 with a lifetime subscription with Comcast.

It pretty much works great and even a year or so ago when it forgot I had a lifetime subscription, Tech Support was able to help...

How much borrowed time do I have with it?? :-)

Thanks

Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-28-2009, 11:18 AM

Liked: 11
All I've ever had were cable company DVR's just 2 weeks ago got a Replay, except of course for dual tuner and digital channels the replay is 1000 times better. Especially since a couple of months ago cable co. changed software now no fwd advance, search by keyword if your watching channel change it instead it changes other tuner and a dozen other things. I hope they provide it for a long time if not for Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzuke and a couple of other shows on digital channels would be tempted to return DVR to cable co.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-28-2009, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
"They" do not provide it. The guide comes from Tribune and is the same guide most of the planet uses.

Tony
post #4 of 10 Old 03-31-2009, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
"They" (Replay...errr Denon) pay for it, so they provide it.

I haven't heard anything about it going away.. I suspect it's profitable (monthly subs), so they'll probably keep it around a while.

Robert

---
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing in PERL!
post #5 of 10 Old 03-31-2009, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

And we can load the same guide if Replay stops paying for it.

Tony
post #6 of 10 Old 04-01-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwpl View Post

All I've ever had were cable company DVR's just 2 weeks ago got a Replay, except of course for dual tuner and digital channels the replay is 1000 times better. Especially since a couple of months ago cable co. changed software now no fwd advance, search by keyword if your watching channel change it instead it changes other tuner and a dozen other things. I hope they provide it for a long time if not for Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzuke and a couple of other shows on digital channels would be tempted to return DVR to cable co.

Amazing isn't it, that Replay technology which is what, 6 years old, is far superior to the current cable company dvrs. It's truly a shame Replay couldn't stay in business.

It's even more upsetting to me, that cable companys can just change the dvr software whenever they feel like it, and disable features like fast forward. Ugh.

Jeff
post #7 of 10 Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

CWPL

I hope your read the manual, especially shortcuts. Besides skipping commercials, you can go to the exact minute of the program you are watching, you can go xx minutes ahead and back, xx minutes from the end or beginning, skip pages in the guides and menus, go to where you left off viewing one Replay on another instantly w/o copying, and many other niceties.

Tony
post #8 of 10 Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacke View Post

Amazing isn't it, that Replay technology which is what, 6 years old, is far superior to the current cable company dvrs. It's truly a shame Replay couldn't stay in business.

I bought my first ReplayTV in 2000 so that makes it at least 9 years old.
That machine still works, although I don't use it much anymore, and it has never been opened up. The seals are still in place.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-01-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36 View Post

CWPL

I hope your read the manual, especially shortcuts. Besides skipping commercials, you can go to the exact minute of the program you are watching, you can go xx minutes ahead and back, xx minutes from the end or beginning, skip pages in the guides and menus, go to where you left off viewing one Replay on another instantly w/o copying, and many other niceties.

Yea, the first couple of days I wondered why you could not put number in press right arrow while in guide go that many days ahead like the cable co DVR. Then read remotes tricks in manual saw pressing FWD would go 12 hours or number then FWD to skip days, and the exact time stuff your talking about in play (don't have to watch it take 10 minutes to back up 30 minutes like the cable DVR)
post #10 of 10 Old 04-09-2009, 10:31 AM

I wonder if something is already happening, called last Thur to add unit that already has lifetime to my account because could not online. Was told it would take a couple of days to show up in my account still not there just called a few times was silent and once told me # no longer connected.
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page