Problem with RTV 5504 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-26-2009, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I have 5504 RTV and was working fine. I wanted to upgrade the HDD from 40G to 160G. I read online to see how to do it and then finally came up with RTV Patch tool. To do this, I opened my unit and took the original HDD and put it in computer as suggested. However, my computer didn't have more than one HDD. So I thoght to connect new HDD (160G) and replay TV HDD in secondary IDE as slave and master mode as suggested in the forum. Since I didn't have any operating system installed in an another HDD, I booted my computer using WINXP CD. By doing that I think I destroyed the operating system of my original HDD since boot CD probably wrote something on my original HDD. Being skeptical, I put the original HDD back to my REplay TV unit and nothing worked.

Now What can I do? How can I get my original HDD back so that I can reimage it to new 160G drive?

Please help.

Shahriar (512-775-4987)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM

Liked: 10
I can't give you all the details, as I am not an expert (and haven't done it in a long time), however it is definitely possible to recover from where you are at.

There are drive images available on-line (somewhere) that include the Replay OS that can be used to bring your system back to life.

When I upgraded my Replay disk drive (a long time ago), I used a Linux boot CD (available on-line somewhere) that was specifically set-up to allow the copying of an existing Replay drive to a new (blank) one.

If you search around in this forum, you likely will be able to find the threads that explain how to do both of these things (and where to find the drive image as well).

Hopefully others will post with additional details to help you out.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Here's instructions on creating a new RTV hard drive without using a bootable RTV drive. However, as it explains, it is best to hook up the RTV drives instead of the PC CD/DVD drive. Unhooking the PC boot hard drive is typically unnecessary...

Henry
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page