I was able to replace the old C0015.OBJ file with The Robman's new one, at least in a backup .rtv file, using extract_rtv5.exe. So I'm about to do this on an actual SS drive.
Please bear with me and keep in mind that I've always had my cable split so one feed went directly to the SS and the other to my cable box. I have no experience whatsoever with IRBlaster codes, cables, remotes, whatever, and I still don't even understand the vocabulary completely!
I've been using a Universal Remote that controls my cable box and SS separately, and I've just been switching between the two.
Before I unhook the drive from my PC and hook everything up and try it out upstairs again:
1. I'll hook the Comcast cable box (or is it the DCI1011?) directly into the SS cable input (*See ALSO #1 below)
2. I'll change the SS Setup so the Input is Cable Box instead of direct cable (*See ALSO #1 below)
3. I'll run the SS Setup again (if it doesn't run automatically)
4. I'll make sure the IRBlaster cable is hooked up properly (whatever that means!)
At that point:
1. Should the SS automatically download all available channels from Comcast when it connects? As of a day or two ago, I was left with only a dozen or so.
2. Should my Universal Remote work as it did before for both my SS and the cable box, or will I have to reprogram it?
1. *Upstairs (where all this is going on) I have a Motorola cable box which I got from Comcast some time ago, before they mandated these equipment changes. My TV's connected to it, and I have no problems getting all my cable channels through it. I also have a Thomson DCI1011 DTA, which isn't currently hooked up to anything.
2. If I get this to work I will most definitely write the procedure up in some detail and post it here so others can benefit from it!