FIOS Update Broke IR from Replay - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 03-28-2010, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I received the 'update' on my QIP-7216 Box to Version 1.7.1 Since then I can't reliably tune using the Replay. I have been using 0476 and that worked fine up until this last update. What I see now is something like the following
Replay Ch See on the FIOS Box
4 >> 44__ then settles on 41
9 >> 99__ Settles on 94
13 >> 113 _ settles on 111

(Note the >> are just to separate the Replay Chanel from what I see on the FIOS display.)

I've played with 0476, going to 0015 inbetween to flush settings etc.

Good Grief. Anyone with FIOS 7216, 1.7.1 getting replay to control OK?
Thanks
Cliff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-31-2010, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Doesn't look like any solution. Considering turning in the FIOS.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-01-2010, 05:27 PM

Cliff,

I have actually been considering switching TO FIOS because the FIOS rep told me they now had an additional tuner unit (like a very small set top box) that decrypted the signal and allowed the RTV or TV to tune the channels directly. These are also cheaper that the regular stb @ $3 or $4 each/month. This, he claimed, would allow me to receive all regular (non-digital/HD and non-OD) channels including all extended channels, such as FSC and BBC America, and premium channels, such as HBO/Starz/etc. If it works as claimed this might solve your problem.

3RTV over ethernet + DVA show server over buffalo wireless
post #4 of 12 Old 04-01-2010, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Yes, Cliff, I posted about the cheaper simple STB here with some follow up information here. Maybe this one wouldn't have the problem with the IR codes, and it's cheaper!

Henry
post #5 of 12 Old 04-02-2010, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Might be the open I'll have to try. I have now traded the QIC-7160 (HD Media DVR) for the non-dvr QIC-7100. Still getting the repeating characters, and extra numbers as it tries to tune. Funny, the Universal remote that I use, works just the same before and after the fios firmware update. I guess the replay 0476 code was right on the edge of working.

Too bad the Replay doesn't have a learn feature and I'd retrain the devil.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-02-2010, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffcor View Post

I guess the replay 0476 code was right on the edge of working.

Have you read this article on other codes to try?

I also don't know if you considered trying to manually tune the IR blaster fine tuning parameters. This article gives some suggestions. You might try reading through these FAQs to see if there's anything else helpful in there...

Henry
post #7 of 12 Old 04-03-2010, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Played with codes, and fine tune setting most of the day. Went and downloaded the RID files from Robman to look at similar settings. Found one that worked. (Crowd Cheers!) I settled on the General Instrument (Motorola gobbled them up a few years back) and found that code 7930, w/o fine tuning works.

Now I am not articulate in reading those rid files to know WHAT is different between the used to work 0476 code and the 7930, but it looks like I stumbled onto a good code.

Thanks for all the help. I've been following links and doing lots of reading lately.

Cliff
post #8 of 12 Old 04-03-2010, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Just a reminder, I don't know exactly what you are using the FiOS STB for, but if you are using it exclusively for the RTV, getting the simple DCT-700 STB will save you a couple of bucks...

Henry
post #9 of 12 Old 04-04-2010, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Henry,

Yeah, that little guy looks perfect for the replay. The boxes I had to arm wrestle were the HD Boxes after the 1.7.1 upgrade. I have a HD set in the family room, where I watch live stuff, but the replay also drives it. The SD box in another room is a candidate for the little guy. That one has the 2500 SD box now, and never had a glitch with the IR Blaster.

Thanks for the tip on that little tuner!

Cliff
post #10 of 12 Old 06-14-2010, 11:35 AM

I just got Fios and am using the Motorola HD qip 71001 via IR blaster and I cannot get it to work with my Replay. I have contacted Mikey who is looking into this for me. If the standard Motorola Box (2500) works then I think I may go with that since I don't watch in HD anyway I wonder what the IR codes is/are. I have tried 0476 and 0276 but no deal. It changes the channel on the stb but to the wrong channel then defaults to 1950 or 1957

Replaytv.us reports on their website:

Great news, all ReplayTV boxes are compatible with Verizon FIOS SD and HD boxes, using an IR Blaster and Code 0276.

Not sure how they got it to work but it doesn't for me...If anyone can help with it would be appreciated thanks in advance,
Kevin
post #11 of 12 Old 07-07-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertia2 View Post

I just got Fios and am using the Motorola HD qip 71001 via IR blaster and I cannot get it to work with my Replay. I have contacted Mikey who is looking into this for me. If the standard Motorola Box (2500) works then I think I may go with that since I don't watch in HD anyway I wonder what the IR codes is/are. I have tried 0476 and 0276 but no deal. It changes the channel on the stb but to the wrong channel then defaults to 1950 or 1957

Replaytv.us reports on their website:

Great news, all ReplayTV boxes are compatible with Verizon FIOS SD and HD boxes, using an IR Blaster and Code 0276.

Not sure how they got it to work but it doesn't for me...If anyone can help with it would be appreciated thanks in advance,
Kevin

The code that Cliffcor provided, 7930, worked for me.

Many thanks, Cliffcor. I was about ready to Ebay my Replay because it couldn't control my FIOS Motorola HD box after Verizon updated it, but now I have life again for my wife's and kid's shows.
post #12 of 12 Old 10-21-2013, 07:05 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it took me a while to find codes that worked. For anyone thinking of using FIOS TV set-top boxes with Replay TV (just the STB not the DVR - I haven't tried that as I'm not using RTV with it), Cliff's suggestion of code 7930 worked first time for me.

3RTV over ethernet + DVA show server over buffalo wireless
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page