ReplayTV IR and Comcast DCI 105 Com1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-15-2011, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I saw Mikeyboy's response to Elaine from last summer, where he provided files for her IR blaster problem and her DCI1011COM DTA.

Comcast is now distributing DTA model DCI 105 COM1.

Will these same files help me fix my IR Blaster Code problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-09-2011, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
According to this post, he was able to get his ShowStopper to work with those same files....

Henry
post #3 of 7 Old 02-11-2011, 12:34 PM

Liked: 10
Post 67 worked for my RTV3030 and Comcast Thomson DCI105COM1. Make sure you only use the ReplayTV IR cable and make sure the Comcast supplied IR cable is NOT connected to the back of the Comcast Thomson DCI105COM1 or it will not receive the ReplayTV IR cable signals even if you did everything correctly.
post #4 of 7 Old 04-21-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBry View Post

Post 67 worked for my RTV3030 and Comcast Thomson DCI105COM1. Make sure you only use the ReplayTV IR cable and make sure the Comcast supplied IR cable is NOT connected to the back of the Comcast Thomson DCI105COM1 or it will not receive the ReplayTV IR cable signals even if you did everything correctly.

You mention "post 67" Which post? Which thread? I only see 3 posts here. I'd like some information of the comcast DCI105COM1 unit and getting it to work with my RTV 4000. I was wondering if you or someone else can supply the link to this, so that I can see if I can figure out how to get mine to work. Thanks for any help.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-21-2011, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm guessing it's this post 67...

However, that's for "older" model RTV's, before the 4000. I suggest for updating the IR blaster files for the 4000, you get the files from this post, which explains about using them with the 4K, and follow these instructions. I used WiRNS for the "HTTPFS" technique since I needed it anyways to run the shell commands, and because WiRNS can copy into the root of the photo partition, matching the requirements of those instructions...

Henry
post #6 of 7 Old 04-21-2011, 03:45 PM

Thanks for posting the links, hdonzis. I'll check them out in a moment. I really need to figure out how to get these comcast "freebies" to work with my RTV4000 units. Otherwise, I'll have another added cost to my already high cable bill. Thanks again!
post #7 of 7 Old 04-21-2011, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarrington View Post

Thanks for posting the links, hdonzis. I'll check them out in a moment. I really need to figure out how to get these comcast "freebies" to work with my RTV4000 units. Otherwise, I'll have another added cost to my already high cable bill. Thanks again!

I printed out eslave's instructions and used his files and instructions to install the updates on two of my daughter's Comcast free DTAs on 5Ks. It was very easy to accomplish on the 5Ks if you read eslave's notes. Hopefully, it's not much more difficult on the 4K...

Henry
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs