Dead CM 7000 - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
post #61 of 74 Old 09-13-2013, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I not sure where you measured on the logic board for the 3.04 and 1.17. All the thru hole caps on the logic board are difficult to change. The internal ground plane takes a lot of heat before getting the temp high enough to melt the solder.
Part numbers for the two 33uf E5/E6 were listed here.

After repairing 60 plus units, trust me the caps are the problem.

The issue in post #8 with the domed ET1 cap on the logic board is very rare. The reason that cap failed is because it was installed backwards. In all the units I have fixed, none have had any of the caps installed backwards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 Old 09-22-2013, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebar View Post

I not sure where you measured on the logic board for the 3.04 and 1.17. All the thru hole caps on the logic board are difficult to change. The internal ground plane takes a lot of heat before getting the temp high enough to melt the solder.
Part numbers for the two 33uf E5/E6 were listed here.

After repairing 60 plus units, trust me the caps are the problem.

The issue in post #8 with the domed ET1 cap on the logic board is very rare. The reason that cap failed is because it was installed backwards. In all the units I have fixed, none have had any of the caps installed backwards.

Thanks @Whitebar
The 3.04 and 1.17 were from E5/E6.

A friend of mine measured my power supply voltages and ripples and says that the problem is in the logic board - he feels that the ripples are not a lot (power supply). Then again, he is not an expert on CM-7000.

Which part of MI are you? I might be coming to Troy - maybe I can bring it with me then.
post #63 of 74 Old 09-23-2013, 03:58 AM

While it maybe just the logic board at this time, the caps on the power supply will also fail in the future, I would replace them at the same time.
I sent you a PM.
post #64 of 74 Old 09-27-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebar View Post

The two 33uf part are the ones that need to be replaced. They are in the 1.2v switching power supply circuit. The other 470/1000 are bulk capacitors and do not get stressed.

These 470/1000 are on logic board?

Which are the caps for the 5V circuit on power supply board?

I got a insignia DTV now - it works but unsure if the CM7000 received better signal.
post #65 of 74 Old 06-10-2014, 03:27 PM

How do I get Whitebar's info to possibly send my CM7000 for possible repair?

post #66 of 74 Old 06-10-2014, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sonshine, I suggest that you send him a Private Message.Looks like he was on AVS earlier today. Click near his name below his avatar in post #63 above and then click "Send PM".

----------
Jim
post #67 of 74 Old 11-14-2014, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My CM-7000 went out after several years of faithful use. I got another and that one went out within hours! If Whitebar is still doing repairs can he PM me? I tired to send him one but there is a posting quota I didn't reach yet to qualify to send PM's to members. Thanks!
post #68 of 74 Old 11-15-2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat.lady View Post
My CM-7000 went out after several years of faithful use. I got another and that one went out within hours! If Whitebar is still doing repairs can he PM me? I tired to send him one but there is a posting quota I didn't reach yet to qualify to send PM's to members. Thanks!
cat.lady, post here if interested. I have two of these that have had the caps upgraded (by me) and are working nicely. At this point I only need one, at the most. In other words, I can sell you one with reliable caps if that will fit the bill. Although if Whitebar is still doing these and liking it, I certainly don't want to take anything away from him.
post #69 of 74 Old 11-15-2014, 01:11 AM

How do I get Whitebar's info to possibly send my CM7000 for possible repair?
post #70 of 74 Old 11-15-2014, 09:53 AM

Thanks for the offer Ecaroh. I might take you up on that, but since I have 2 units now to repair thought if Whitebar was still doing them, I can do both. Lets see if he will see these posts within the next few weeks. If you sell it in the meantime, I understand.
post #71 of 74 Old 11-15-2014, 10:09 AM

Still here and repairing them.
I sent PMs to cat.lady and wesam101 with contact info.
cat.lady likes this.
post #72 of 74 Old 11-16-2014, 04:56 PM

Replied to your message Whitebar...not sure if you got it as a notice stated I have not met my quota of posts to send out PM's. Will ship end of this week but not sure how to get you the tracking number as I don't want to post it here for privacy reasons.
post #73 of 74 Unread 11-18-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebar View Post
None of the caps on the power supply board are of good quality. Replacing a few will make it operational. It may fail at a later date due to the ones not replaced, but then again may not.<br><br>
From testing the caps in my unit, these are the one I would replace at a minimum:<br><br>
C12 - 1000ufd 10v<br>
C10 - 470ufd 16v<br>
C8 - 100ufd 25v<br>
C14 - 4.7ufd 50v<br>
C4 - 1ufd 50v<br><br>
There are 4 others in the supply that were not grossly bad.
Is anyone on this thread currently repairing the cm 7000-pal? I can't find anyone in my local area to repair mine. It is stuck on the loading page (red/white page with dots) and won't move past it. I believe it happened the night that daylight savings started (Nov 2/3 when clock were set back an hour). I have tried troubleshooting with no success. If someone on here repairs this unit for this problem, please respond as I'd like to fix it vs trashing it.
post #74 of 74 Unread 11-18-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marci1111 View Post
Is anyone on this thread currently repairing the cm 7000-pal? I can't find anyone in my local area to repair mine. It is stuck on the loading page (red/white page with dots) and won't move past it. I believe it happened the night that daylight savings started (Nov 2/3 when clock were set back an hour). I have tried troubleshooting with no success. If someone on here repairs this unit for this problem, please respond as I'd like to fix it vs trashing it.
Marci111 in your effort of troubleshooting did you disconnect the antenna coax so you can reset your factory defaults? There are other threads in this place that might lead you to some firmware updates if there is one.
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs