VIZIO Remote Code is 0019 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-12-2011, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a 32" Vizio HDTV ($250 @ CompUSA) but before I bought it I took my RTV remote and the User Manual with me to the store to see if I could find a code that works. 0019 is a winner. No, I didn't try every code in the book, I just got lucky. I decided to try the Daewoo codes as I thought there was some tie-in between to Vizio. As far as I can tell now there isn't but the code worked.
Now if I can find a code for a Viewsonic TV I'll be all set!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-12-2011, 11:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I just tried 0019, and worked fine for me as well. However, so does 0178, as documented here. I suspect that there are subtle difference if the RTV remote ran more than power, volume, and mute. Hard to say which one is more correct, but I believe that 0178 might be the preferred one...

Henry
post #3 of 8 Old 04-13-2011, 03:53 PM

Those are for 5K machines, I bet? Bought a cheap "backup" TV (Insignia) and can't get it to respond to any 4K codes. Then tried Dynex which listed ReplayTV compatibility, but again I think only for 5K. 4K has just 2-digit codes, so I think I tried them exhaustively. Maybe 4Ks are just incompatible with "modern" TVs? I've been meaning to try what brobin did and bring my remote in with me to test before buying.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-13-2011, 04:16 PM

What kind of picture are you getting on the Vizio compared to good tube TV?
post #5 of 8 Old 04-13-2011, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocraven View Post

Those are for 5K machines, I bet? Bought a cheap "backup" TV (Insignia) and can't get it to respond to any 4K codes. Then tried Dynex which listed ReplayTV compatibility, but again I think only for 5K. 4K has just 2-digit codes, so I think I tried them exhaustively. Maybe 4Ks are just incompatible with "modern" TVs? I've been meaning to try what brobin did and bring my remote in with me to test before buying.

Buy either a Universal Remote that lists ReplayTV or buy a 5000 series ReplayTV remote on ebay. The 5000 remote is perfectly compatible with the 4000 series and gives you more flexibility with new TV's.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-13-2011, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwpl View Post

What kind of picture are you getting on the Vizio compared to good tube TV?

The picture is excellent when watching the digital channels and OK on the analog. For watching RTV recordings it works best using the video outputs rather than the RF output. The old tube TVs can't hold a candle to a plasma or led screen. And at $250 for a 32" Vizio it's hard to beat. I just gave away my last 2 tube sets as I couldn't even stand watching them after so many years of having plasma/led sets.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-13-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobin View Post

The picture is excellent when watching the digital channels and OK on the analog. For watching RTV recordings it works best using the video outputs rather than the RF output. The old tube TVs can't hold a candle to a plasma or led screen. And at $250 for a 32" Vizio it's hard to beat. I just gave away my last 2 tube sets as I couldn't even stand watching them after so many years of having plasma/led sets.

Does seem to be their Achilles heel (analog) I bought a Sharp I think it was 19'' a couple of years ago gave up on it gave it away. I am tempted to get one of these like you said 32'' for 250 and can mount on wall gaining some space in small bedroom.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

I think you'll be happy with that choice. The ones that CompUSA has for $250 are "recertified" but appear to be brand new in every respect from the outer box and manuals to the protection tape on all the shiny surfaces. Interestingly, Vizio recommends their wall mount bracket that's shown as being for "up to 30" units" but does accommodate the VESA 200mm mounting and weight of the 32" one. I ordered two of the "Level Mount AISOA Full Motion Small Single Arm Cantilever Mount for 10" to 30" Displays" from Amazon for $25 delivered. It attaches to a single stud and provides swivel and tilt functions.
BTW, the 0019 remote code does control power, volume and mute as I now understand a number of other codes will do.
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page