Now what? Pay activation or... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-02-2011, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I could probably spend hours looking through the numours data out there for the answer but it's quicker to ask.

I have a 50xx system. When I heard the ReplayTV service was going to be discontinued, I quickly installed and configured WiRNS (with a year subscription to a channel guide provider).

Now ReplayTV said they were kidding and were going to continue their service with the fees included.

If I dicsontinue the ReplayTV payments, will my ReplayTV unit no longer be "activated"?

If the unit is not activated, can I still use WiRNS to get my channel listings and record the shows I want?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-02-2011, 12:18 PM

Liked: 10
If you're on wirns 3, and paying for schedules direct, you have no concern for what DNNA may do going forward, and can watch and record shows just as you've been dong previously.

I started with a 3060. Later sold it and replaced it with a 4k and later added 2 5k units. Still love 'em and am resisting HD.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-02-2011, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dardus View Post

I could probably spend hours looking through the numours data out there for the answer but it's quicker to ask.

I have a 50xx system. When I heard the ReplayTV service was going to be discontinued, I quickly installed and configured WiRNS (with a year subscription to a channel guide provider).

Now ReplayTV said they were kidding and were going to continue their service with the fees included.

If I dicsontinue the ReplayTV payments, will my ReplayTV unit no longer be "activated"?

If the unit is not activated, can I still use WiRNS to get my channel listings and record the shows I want?

WiRNS 3 activates a Replay. It's previous status doesn't matter. You can get your channel listings from Schedules Direct for $20 / year.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 PM
jlv

Liked: 12
You can also run with WiRNS2.1 and continue to get the DNNA guide data, and stay activated regardless of former lifetime/monthly status. Just use the AuthActivate plugin.

You can also use other alternate EPG sources, and use WiRNS to feed them to your ReplayTV. One free source is the Microsoft MCE EPG. You can download guide data from it via MC2XML, a program which dumps it out in XMLTV format, which WiRNS can then import.

Either way, your units stay activated... forever.
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page