Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-01-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
YEARS AGO (~2005/2006) when I got my first two Lifetime ReplayTV 5040s (~$150 @ RadioShack) and was doing a LOT of reading of the AVS, DVArchive and PlanetReplay Forum Archives, I came across the fact that Gerry began his computer career / interest with a RCA COSMAC 1802 (Netronics Super Elf II) - the same computer that I started out with (256 BYTES of Static RAM, 4 7-segment LED Address Bus, 2 7-segment LED Data Display, Hex Keypard). IIRC, it was stated that its register structure was similar / identical? to the IBM 370 mainframe computer.
Good ole KenL 'Ankle Biter' AVS Archive LINK That led me to:
Welcome to Pavline Blvd where you'll then find TONs of pictures covering the restoration (1999-2005).

Which in turn led me to:
What the heck is with CDP1802.org? But what I found the *MOST* interesting in icecow's link was a 2009 picture of Gerry:

COMPLETELY different look than the Avatar we've all seen, including the 'distorted' one created by icecow.

All that renovation work sure did change his 'appearance'!

Also, since I've been using Home Automation (ala X10 with ActiveHome) for over 30 years, I'm going to spend some time looking through the 1999-2005 photos for the "'Smart System' controlled from a single panel framed in red oak...":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah A. Rigg View Post

While Duprey gave this historic house new life, he also added modern touches. The owner of a computer software company, he wasn't afraid to add technology, including a Smart System where operations - from temperature to voice mail to the sprinkler system - is controlled from a single panel framed in red oak so it blends in.

Thanks for posting the LINK.

BTW, while GOOGLE'ng for "Gerry Duprey Cosmac 1802", I came across this LINK which I thought was somewhat 'odd / out-of-place':
Welcome to Archaeocete.org! No mention of his name, but same domain.

Low Post Count <> Low Knowledge ergo High Post Count <> High Knowledge

ClearToLand's Picks For Best Answers to Common ReplayTV Questions

Remember, it's only TV...
post #3 of 3 Old 02-01-2012, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

BTW, while GOOGLE'ng for "Gerry Duprey Cosmac 1802", I came across this LINK which I thought was somewhat 'odd / out-of-place':
Welcome to Archaeocete.org! No mention of his name, but same domain.

In looking through the Archaeocete website, I ran across the name of his former Partner mentioned in the MLive article, M.D. Uhen. Kind of ties it together a bit more.
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page