Replay TV Not Connecting To Server - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 409 Old 07-26-2012, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Out-did itself this time; the very next night after it finally completed its connection and updated the Guide, it failed again to connect. For me, once it has failed, it's not coming back (243/zones or not) without contacting the mother ship.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 409 Old 07-27-2012, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Gring.

Why not try a new connect number in a different city? I don't know why you're failing, but I think that's what i'd try. Do you have unlimited long distance? Try connecting in another major city.
post #393 of 409 Old 07-29-2012, 09:25 AM

Thanks, it was worth a try to check another #, but I have POTS, so I'm trying another local primary in my city. Took 3 days to get my brisk RTV connection, the 243/zones call then worked, and we'll see how long the Guide updates continue.

I still wonder how long the average dial-up user goes before a connect failure requires intervention?
post #394 of 409 Old 07-29-2012, 12:09 PM

Well Gring.

For me it's is generally about once a month. I don't know about you, but I found the primary number in my area disconnected. That's the main reason I'm using an out of town number.

Don H
post #395 of 409 Old 08-04-2012, 05:35 AM

Connection failed again on Thurs am with different Primary number, after about 4 days of updates. Takes only one night in which it can't connect ("problem establishing a connection"), after which it fails on subsequent nights (no message, but no update). Back to restore duty.
post #396 of 409 Old 08-05-2012, 02:37 PM

Gring.

I don't know what you got. Since my last post, my land line (showstopper) failed once but was OK the next night. Had no trouble with 243 zone.

This is off the subject, I know. And maybe I ought to start a new thread for this. But my 5040 has some king of an issue with the replay zones. When they are selected. It says they are not available and a software update is needed. Make sure the phone line is connected for the nightly update. Well, this one gets its' updates directly over the web. I tried a phone line update, but it didn't fix it. Any Ideas, anyone?

Don H.
post #397 of 409 Old 08-05-2012, 03:05 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtkflhn View Post

This is off the subject, I know. And maybe I ought to start a new thread for this. But my 5040 has some king of an issue with the replay zones. When they are selected. It says they are not available and a software update is needed. Make sure the phone line is connected for the nightly update. Well, this one gets its' updates directly over the web. I tried a phone line update, but it didn't fix it. Any Ideas, anyone?

There was a similar post on Planet Replay, which was solved by connecting to the LaHo "Good Will" system...
post #398 of 409 Old 08-06-2012, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayLurker View Post

There was a similar post on Planet Replay, which was solved by connecting to the LaHo "Good Will" system...

That (getting the zones) worked for me (with the modified image to enable CA/IVS on 55xx, and connected only to WiRNS 3 before).

I wonder if such a thing could be adder to WiRNS.

Mark Lloyd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #399 of 409 Old 08-06-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlloyd View Post

I wonder if such a thing could be adder to WiRNS.

Looks like someone was listening: http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16374
post #400 of 409 Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Looks like someone was listening: http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16374

This fix works. The new zones show up after checking for the first. zone. That is, "checking zone 1/7" is followed by "checking zone 2/15".

IIRC, one of these zones is for the IR codes. Is there any way to tell which one?

Mark Lloyd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #401 of 409 Old 08-07-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:

IIRC, one of these zones is for the IR codes. Is there any way to tell which one?

The numbers aren't listed, but the names and what they represent are provided here.
post #402 of 409 Old 08-07-2012, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
f.y.i. i have a phone number in my area code that works if anyones intterested.---d
post #403 of 409 Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:

The numbers aren't listed, but the names and what they represent are provided here.

Apparently, the IR codes are in "sys-setup-gaea".

There are some differences between those listed on that site and those that appear in my WiRNS log. The "rz-" zones are the same, but there are some differences in the others:

sys-setup-gaea : on both lists
sys-customize : on both lists
amgr-grp1 : on that page only, not in my WiRNS log
sys-parentalcontrol : in my WiRNS log, not on that page
sys-mainMenu : in my WiRNS log, not on that page
messages2 : in my WiRNS log, not on that page
amgr-denali : in my WiRNS log, not on that page

I suspect the numbers are only indices to a list, and mean nothing themselves (like phone "numbers" don't mean anything).

Mark Lloyd

post #404 of 409 Old 08-08-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:

There are some differences between those listed on that site and those that appear in my WiRNS log.

That page is for the 4Ks, and it says "The known asset groups are"...
post #405 of 409 Old 01-05-2014, 09:34 AM

Liked: 11

Nice to find this rich-info thread on ReplayTV issues active well into 2012. I had packed up my 2020 and 2030 (?) ancient historical units many moons ago, for good I thought, and only recently set one up for a friend living in analog land.  I was duly surprised to succeed in getting a unit hooked up, connected via modem in 718 area code in November 2013, and fully populated with guide info with – full functionality!  Yay!  What nostalgic analog fun in these oh so digital times.  

Unfortunately, success was short lived.  Today I learn the unit is getting connect errors and is pretty much locked in "QuickSetup" land, able to establish connections via various area codes and prefixes around the country but unable to have a decent "experience" with whatever servers it needs to visit.  All this seems to have been closely coincident with the beginning of 2014 so I wonder:

Q1: Has a death knell finally been sounded somewhere? Is ReplayTV finally finally over?  Circa end of 2013?  

Q2: Is there a hack anywhere to force these units into some simple dumb all-time-record mode so they can constantly buffer video on analog setups so you can pause and so forth?  Just curious before I store these away for some other odd future fiddling or recycling activity. 

[PS: Cheers and greetings to all you ReplayTV fans out there.  Somewhere I still have my charter-customer certificate I was sent together with a cardboard pretend unit back when the startup was late on first shipments.  How cute that all seems now.  I also fondly recall my own foray, tilting at starting this industry with a company I eventually called ZapTV, with an unheralded but nevertheless somewhat historic agreement with Eric Goldwasser of "Goldwasser Patent" fame.  I'll need to add a few paragraphs to the DVR wiki some day.  Might be entertaining to a few die hard tech history types in this field.  HNY!  ~@kgo81 ]

post #406 of 409 Old 01-05-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgo81 View Post

Nice to find this rich-info thread on ReplayTV issues active well into 2012. I had packed up my 2020 and 2030 (?) ancient historical units many moons ago, for good I thought, and only recently set one up for a friend living in analog land.  I was duly surprised to succeed in getting a unit hooked up, connected via modem in 718 area code in November 2013, and fully populated with guide info with – full functionality!  Yay!  What nostalgic analog fun in these oh so digital times.  

Unfortunately, success was short lived.  Today I learn the unit is getting connect errors and is pretty much locked in "QuickSetup" land, able to establish connections via various area codes and prefixes around the country but unable to have a decent "experience" with whatever servers it needs to visit.  All this seems to have been closely coincident with the beginning of 2014 so I wonder:

Q1: Has a death knell finally been sounded somewhere? Is ReplayTV finally finally over?  Circa end of 2013?  

Q2: Is there a hack anywhere to force these units into some simple dumb all-time-record mode so they can constantly buffer video on analog setups so you can pause and so forth?  Just curious before I store these away for some other odd future fiddling or recycling activity. 

[PS: Cheers and greetings to all you ReplayTV fans out there.  Somewhere I still have my charter-customer certificate I was sent together with a cardboard pretend unit back when the startup was late on first shipments.  How cute that all seems now.  I also fondly recall my own foray, tilting at starting this industry with a company I eventually called ZapTV, with an unheralded but nevertheless somewhat historic agreement with Eric Goldwasser of "Goldwasser Patent" fame.  I'll need to add a few paragraphs to the DVR wiki some day.  Might be entertaining to a few die hard tech history types in this field.  HNY!  ~@kgo81 ]

My 2020 seems to be connecting OK. Net connect seems to take a long time, maybe because I got used to the networked 5xxx Replays.

This unit has a failed clock capacitor (at about the same time people here were talking about clock capacitors). I have not replaced it, since I can use manual clock set after a power outage.

Mark Lloyd

post #407 of 409 Old 01-14-2014, 07:28 AM

I see the entry here in January....... If your getting a connection, are the phone numbers you are using? Are you still having luck?
Mine is one of the early ones, I bought it in '02. Don't know if various have better luck. Have been looking at Tivo, but I noticed that you loose the OnDemand feature with them in my area. Gracias
post #408 of 409 Old 01-14-2014, 09:53 AM

I'm still getting connect every day from the 212 ac.
post #409 of 409 Old 01-14-2014, 01:06 PM

Liked: 11

Maybe the server (or the relevant $ account) was just down for a spell?  I'll reconnect and see what I learn.  Good to hear these things are still kicking. ~k

Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page