Can I use a comcast DTA with replay 2000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got my two replays 2000s working aftr a 8 week absence. Finally they just dialed in and connected.

My problem is with the Comcast DTA.. according to the web a dta is

"Basically what a DTA does is convert your analog signals to a digital signal on your analog TV without you having to get full digital service. It gives you the ability to get the basic level of service with a digital signal. "

I need the dta to get all my channels( on 2nd tv) but I do not get a signal thru the replay tv recorders when I hook it up.
For now I just go straight cable ( eliminate dta)to the replay and then to tv but I miss out on about 30 channels.. any suggestions as to what I can do to get all 100 channels?

*edit* if it makes any difference I just bought a Panasonic 32'' from costco that I'm using with the replay 2000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-23-2012, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett3 View Post

Got my two replays 2000s working aftr a 8 week absence. Finally they just dialed in and connected.

My problem is with the Comcast DTA.. according to the web a dta is

"Basically what a DTA does is convert your analog signals to a digital signal on your analog TV without you having to get full digital service. It gives you the ability to get the basic level of service with a digital signal. "

I need the dta to get all my channels( on 2nd tv) but I do not get a signal thru the replay tv recorders when I hook it up.
For now I just go straight cable ( eliminate dta)to the replay and then to tv but I miss out on about 30 channels.. any suggestions as to what I can do to get all 100 channels?

*edit* if it makes any difference I just bought a Panasonic 32' from cost that I'm using with the replay 2000.

You will need to set up your RTV to tune via IR blaster. You will also need a custom IR file to tune yout DTA.

There is a whole thread on this forum discussing adding custom IR codes to your Replays. Since your RTV is not ethernetted, you will need to open the unit, mount the hard drive in your PC, and overwrite an existing IR code with the one you need.

Cheers!
-Doug
post #3 of 3 Old 04-08-2012, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have Comcast as well. What I did was I used a double splitter on the coax right out of the wall, one line goes into the Replay unit and the other into the cable box. Both lines then go to the TV. Depends how many inputs you have on the TV though. Might be a quick fix for you for now instead of having to watch two TV's, until you can crack the case on your RTV unit to modify the software. When I get some time I will look into dstoffa's advice, as that is the best solution.
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page