Fan Lock error message, but fan is working - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2012, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently got the 'Fan Locked' error message, but my fan does appear to be working. I also noticed that I no longer can view live video from either the coax input or the S-Video input (I just get a blank blue screen), but I can play back anything already recorded and the video is fine (so video input does not work, video out does). Do I still need to replace the fan?

-Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 32
There maybe anther fan u can't see. Display problem says something already failed.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 PM

This is the same problem I am having, but mine started with the no video and then the fan lock error came a few weeks later. I can hear the fan rev-ing faster and slower. I believe it is the power problem though and that is affecting the fan. Although I posted for some advice on this a while ago, not one person has responded. I can't be positive until I find a friend or someone who can test the power output for me (has the tools). Your problem may also be the same. There are instructions online on how to check and fix the power problem.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwinter2 View Post

This is the same problem I am having, but mine started with the no video and then the fan lock error came a few weeks later. I can hear the fan rev-ing faster and slower. I believe it is the power problem though and that is affecting the fan. Although I posted for some advice on this a while ago, not one person has responded. I can't be positive until I find a friend or someone who can test the power output for me (has the tools). Your problem may also be the same. There are instructions online on how to check and fix the power problem.

The fan is going to pulse the yellow wire (tach) for each revolution. If you have a scope or analog meter (not digital) you should check for this. If not, try swapping with a PC fan and see if problem is resolved. If not, you will likely have to trace it through the board - maybe look for a 0 ohm (1 black band) resistor nearby.

Of course, it's possible this is a software issue and a reset to defaults would resolve.

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation
Old 05-15-2012, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip. I'll check that out.

-Matt