Need a couple of IR Blasters - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-29-2012, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My cable company is going all-digital in 20 days (thanks for the sufficient warning Cablevision ).

They are handing out free digital boxes for a year, so I am getting them to hook to my Replays that are currently using analog.

I have two ReplayTVs that I don't have an IR Blaster for, so I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get them.

I see some on eBay but they are not specifically for the ReplayTV, so I don't know if they are compatible (do they all use the same standard?), and I really don't want to spend more than a few bucks per cable.

Will this one work?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150802992565

I figure there are tons out there laying unused, so if anyone has any to sell, let me know.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Space - AB8NdtJzDULjgKvuDX3eJxHpXx88Xy9H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-30-2012, 06:47 AM

I can look to see if I have any extras. I have few "spare machines" sitting in the basement. Mostly they are old machines that either the ethernet took a hit, or the power supply. I may have some IR blasters in the boxes.

However, searching eBay for "dual IR blaster" the ones that came up are closer to what shipped with the ReplayTV.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space View Post

My cable company is going all-digital in 20 days (thanks for the sufficient warning Cablevision ).

They are handing out free digital boxes for a year, so I am getting them to hook to my Replays that are currently using analog.

I have two ReplayTVs that I don't have an IR Blaster for, so I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get them.

I see some on eBay but they are not specifically for the ReplayTV, so I don't know if they are compatible (do they all use the same standard?), and I really don't want to spend more than a few bucks per cable.

Will this one work?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150802992565

I figure there are tons out there laying unused, so if anyone has any to sell, let me know.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Thanks: ijprest, waynethedvrguy, Remmer99, hdonzis, gduprey, LeeThompson, j.m., archdog99, FlipFlop, The Dreamer, chriv and all the other Replay Hackers out there.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-30-2012, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
any blaster may work if even from tvs and vcrs. im using rca ones and one from an hp desktop mc. just needs the right plug size.===d
post #4 of 5 Old 05-30-2012, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yeah, I've found some time to do a little research and it looks like they may be standardized, so I just need to get ones that have a 3.5mm plug on it.

I actually have one from an old Hauppauge TV tuner card, but it is 2.5mm, so will not fit (plus it also has a IR receiver on it too, so not sure if it would work anyway).

Looks like the $3.00 ones on eBay should be fine.

Please let me know if anyone has had trouble with using generic IR Blasters on the Replay.

Thanks!

Space - AB8NdtJzDULjgKvuDX3eJxHpXx88Xy9H
post #5 of 5 Old 05-30-2012, 10:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
[THINKING OUT LOUD MODE]

I always thought that if "Push-Comes-to-Shove", there are *TWO* IR Blasters on each original ReplayTV cable and I've never used more than *ONE*. So, noting polarity, why couldn't one cut off the second IR Blaster and attach it to a 3.5mm plug?

[/THINKING OUT LOUD MODE]

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
*EVERYBODY* has a few 3.5mm plugs in their 'JunkBox', right?

Low Post Count <> Low Knowledge ergo High Post Count <> High Knowledge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Remember, it's only TV...
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page