Fried Replay? - Just how bad is this? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-24-2012, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Came home today and the Replay was "On" and "Recording", but the picture was a green/digital noise mess, and the sound was digitized/noisy/uninteligible. DVArchive wouldn't communicate with it, and the remote controls had no effect. I rebooted and got the attached screen.

I unplugged it (including cables) for 30 minutes, no improvement. I have an image of this Replay's drive on a new harddrive that I had tested as OK in April. I replaced the HD with this new one, and the still have the same problem.

Any thoughts of anything else I can try to revive this unit?

In the mean-time, this two-Reply house is down to One-Replay. Anxiously awaiting the Ceton Q...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-25-2012, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 100
If it's not repairable- there's plenty of used units around cheap. FWIW- all former "monthly" units are now "lifetime units" and you should be able to use your new hard drive in the replacement unit.
There's a post here from a few days back- two Replay's for $60 :http://www.avsforum.com/t/1419532/replaytv-5504-and-3030-for-sale-in-brea-la-orange-county-60-for-both

Last year I bought 3 units as spares (for $70 IIRC), I just ended up using one as a replacement last weekend.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page