DVArchive: 2of 3 storage drives not showing up on ReplyTVs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-28-2012, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help!!! I have 3 storage hard drives on my DVArchive PC (mapped as X:, Y: & Z:). The shows on all 3 drives show up on the DVArchive GUI screen on the PC. However, the shows on only one of the drives show up on my ReplayTV Replay Guide. This is a new problem. All 3 drives used to show on the ReplayTV.

I can access and play the various missing shows "mpg" files just fine using VLC directly from the drives so I know the files are fine.

I have deleted the dvarchive.xml file and rebuilt all the DVArchive Properties. The problem still exists.

Any ideas as to how I can get the shows on the missing drives to show up on the ReplayTV?

To restate the problem... DVArchive sees all the shows on all 3 drives. Our networked ReplayTV only sees the shows that reside on only one of those drives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
That could be a LAN problem that happens occassionally. There's some reboot process for the devices / outlets that aren't doing what they should, but I'm not clear on what it is. Involves pulling the network plugs or restarting machines or both. You'd have to ask around.

Arvy
post #3 of 3 Old 09-02-2012, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm going to assume that everything used to work, and that the drives are connected to the PC via USB. It sounds like Arvy said that 2 of the drives are not networked any more. Easy way to test would be if you have another PC in the house can that PC access the other drives. If they can't then you know the problem (network). If they can see these drives, then there's something else going on. In that case is the DVArchive Server mode (green dot at the bottom right (IIRC) still working properly?

3RTV over ethernet + DVA show server over buffalo wireless
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page