How do I enter IR Blaster codes? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-01-2012, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, I am this dumb. I went through all the menus and I don't see any option for telling it which IR blaster codes to use. Couldn't find it in the user's manual or searching this site either. I did see a fair bit of stuff about how to add new codes to the box, but nothing on simply entering an existing code.

Also, any hint on what codes to use for the new Comcast digital service - or how to find out? I sort of figured the DTA (digital converter box) docs might give me the correct code - but not so much.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-01-2012, 11:09 PM

When you select some type of external input box, then it will ask you to select an IR Blaster code. So, if you select Digital Cable Box, Analog Cable Box, Satellite, etc., then it will ask you to select an IR Blaster code. Pretty much the only time it doesn't ask you to select an IR Blaster code is if you select using the Ant/Cable input for either Antenna or Cable...

The hint about the code for the Comcast DTA is to read any one of the very recent threads about getting the RTV to operate with a Comcast DTA...
post #3 of 5 Old 10-01-2012, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks very much! I'm in a "chat" with Comcast right now. They suggested code 991. I'll look for those threads.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Looking through the threads I see that this topic is easily found. I managed to do a really lousy search apparently. Thanks again.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-02-2012, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks again. I was able to follow the excellent instructions to download the custom IR blaster code (1982) and get my networked unit working. Tomorrow I will update my dialup unit. Figuring this out on my own would have taken longer than I have left on this earth.
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page