Best and most current converter box set up - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-07-2012, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for the current simplest way to continue to use my Replaytvs now that Comcast has got rid of analog channels if anyone can help. I am being forced to use the Comcast DCI1011COM which doesn't have an ir blaster code that I can find. I would like to try a Leaf Mohu antenna but need a converter box to my older tv. Is there a current best converter box that easily works with the Replaytv and the ir blaster (which I tried to setup in the past and could not figure out). Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 PM

Just read one of the many topics listed which have Comcast in them, and you will see about the simple method of adding the Comcast IR Blaster code posted here. There's even a post with a video link to make it really easy to follow!
post #3 of 4 Old 10-09-2012, 06:09 AM

If you are talking about over the air (OTA) reception. I am using a Samsung converter and a CM-7000. Both work and both require finding one on E-bay and researching this forums for setup. They work ok but are a little fussy. IF I didn't love the Replay setup (multiple rooms), I would probably give up on Live TV (well, Replay "Live") and go straight to net stuff. It will work.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-09-2012, 09:09 AM

Just to make sure, did you read this thread? It's a bit old, but I believe those models posted were pretty much the only ones that worked with the RTV's existing IR Blaster codes (the list of compatible boxes is here). In addition there is this topic on PlanetReplay which seems to have an interesting discussion of what it takes to get the RTV to operate with an OTA converter box (there are other discussion threads on this forum as well)...

If you want to go with using the Comcast DTA, using the LaHo system to update your RTV's IR Blaster codes should make it fairly painless and get you operational fairly easily...
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page