ReplayTV Blaster Code for Comcast HD DVR Motorola DCT3412 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greetings. Until this morning I had a "standard" (big black shows the channel number) Motorola Comcast set top box with blaster code 0276. I now have a Comcast HD DVR, Motorola DCT3412, and none of the motorola blaster codes work. Can anyone PLEASE help me with the correct blaster code? I have tried searching google with no luck. Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-22-2013, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dctechguy View Post

Greetings. Until this morning I had a "standard" (big black shows the channel number) Motorola Comcast set top box with blaster code 0276. I now have a Comcast HD DVR, Motorola DCT3412, and none of the motorola blaster codes work. Can anyone PLEASE help me with the correct blaster code? I have tried searching google with no luck. Many thanks.

I have set up several Motorola boxes, but not that particular one. The last one was a DCH6416 using code 7030.

You may need to select "other" and try codes from the list. For newer equipment, you may save a lot of time if you start at the HIGH end of the list rather than the beginning.

On both my Motorola boxes, when the Replay selects a channel you get the cable company's guide for the first 2 minutes. This can be fixed by telling the Replay to not send enter. You press "Zones" just after testing the code.
post #3 of 13 Old 03-22-2013, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Please help a bit more -- what "list" do you refer to? I have gone through all the Motorola codes that the ReplayTV provides.
post #4 of 13 Old 03-22-2013, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry I understand now what you mean by "other" that means 0000, 0001, 0002, etc. How do I select your recommendation of 7030, it is not on the "other" list and I do not know how to enter the code manually.
post #5 of 13 Old 03-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
0476 often works on Motorola boxes. I thought Moto STB codes were good for any cableco or satellite provider but maybe not.

Arvy
post #6 of 13 Old 03-22-2013, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

I patiently went through all the Motorola blaster codes and none worked. I only got this Motorola DVR because my previous (installed Nov2012) Comcast Motorola set top box volume was very low (at the maximum setting) and the tech needed to replace my set top box. The DVR was no more expensive than a non-DVR set top box because I wanted to move to HD. What a hassle this code business is.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-22-2013, 09:33 PM

What model ReplayTV do you have? If you have one of the older dial-up ReplayTVs, then that may explain why you don't have as many codes.

I will add, since it's a Comcast device, you might want to try the instructions posted here to add code 1982 and see if it works or not. If not, then you've lost nothing. But, this being a newer Comcast device, maybe it will work with the addition of code 1982.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-23-2013, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

I appreciate your help. I have a ReplayTV 5040. I will try your suggestion, thank you!
post #9 of 13 Old 03-23-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:

Please help a bit more -- what "list" do you refer to? I have gone through all the Motorola codes that the ReplayTV provides.

Here's the way I did it.

In "Network and Input Settings", choose the input your box is connected to.
Choose "Digital Cable Box"
Choose your cable system
Choose "Motorola"
Follow the instructions and select "Continue when Ready"
Select "No" here
(now you have a list of codes)
Press "UP" to go to the end of the list, as I recommended earlier.
Press "UP" again, you should now be on "7930" (sorry about my earlier claim of 7030)
That code may work. If not continue testing others until you find one that does (starting from the high end really does save a lot of time, and sore fingers)
With the good code highlighted, press "Zones"
from the "IR Blaster Fine Tune" screen, you can disable "Send Enter", which may be necessary for your box
Choose "Done"

If that the kind of help you need?
post #10 of 13 Old 03-23-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvy View Post

0476 often works on Motorola boxes. I thought Moto STB codes were good for any cableco or satellite provider but maybe not.

I used to have one that 0476 worked on. I don't have that any more. My new Motorola DVR uses 7930 (with "Send Enter" disabled).

Note that 7930 is the last code on the list. When searching, start at the HIGH end (unless you have really old equipment).
post #11 of 13 Old 03-23-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:

I patiently went through all the Motorola blaster codes and none worked. I only got this Motorola DVR because my previous (installed Nov2012) Comcast Motorola set top box volume was very low (at the maximum setting) and the tech needed to replace my set top box. The DVR was no more expensive than a non-DVR set top box because I wanted to move to HD. What a hassle this code business is.

I wish the Replay had been designed with an IR learning feature, rather than this code stuff.

BTW, there seem to be 12 IR codes for each set: 0-9, "power" (used only in setup?), and enter.
post #12 of 13 Old 03-29-2013, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

I am the author of the original post. I could not get ANY blaster codes to work with my Comcast Motorola DVR. I am SO UNHAPPY with my Comcast DVR (max 30 hours of HD recording, max 16 "saved searches", only one week of program guide) that I have the Dish Network people coming this morning to install their Hopper with free Slingbox, with a 2TB drive that will record hundreds of hours of HD programming. Every STB in the house can use the Hopper DVR to set recordings and view recordings. Slingbox will give any internet connected device the ability to view live TV and anything on my DVR. And the DVR can record three different shows at the same time. It all seems too good to be true (and only $68 after tax for the DVR and two other STB locations) but I am going to try it. And in my neighborhood of frequent power outages (near WashDC) Comcast dies because their repeaters loose power, and with my generator I expect my Dish experience to continue without interruption. Wish me luck.

I also forgot to mention that you can add an external hard disk of unlimited capacity to the Dish DVR so the amount of recorded programs is virtually unlimited.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-29-2013, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

(please disregard this -- I added the text to my previous post)
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page