5080 no date/time after power outage - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-12-2013, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have 2 Replay 5080s. Had them since day 1 and still use them daily. But one of them, starting about a month ago, will lose the date and time after a power outage. In fact, it loses everything in the channel guide and I have to net connect (via Wirns) to get it back in sync. This had never happen before about a month ago and still has never happened with my other Replay 5080. Is there a battery in the Replays that maintains the date and time during a power outage? If so maybe that thing needs replaced. I would sure appreciate the help of anyone who knows.

Took me a while to figure out what was going on. I temporarily have it attached to a UPS battery system to prevent the issue. Where I live, we do seem to have a lot of short power outages. What can you expect, I live in the boondocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-12-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHarry View Post

I have 2 Replay 5080s. Had them since day 1 and still use them daily. But one of them, starting about a month ago, will lose the date and time after a power outage. In fact, it loses everything in the channel guide and I have to net connect (via Wirns) to get it back in sync. This had never happen before about a month ago and still has never happened with my other Replay 5080. Is there a battery in the Replays that maintains the date and time during a power outage? If so maybe that thing needs replaced. I would sure appreciate the help of anyone who knows.

Took me a while to figure out what was going on. I temporarily have it attached to a UPS battery system to prevent the issue. Where I live, we do seem to have a lot of short power outages. What can you expect, I live in the boondocks.

I want to say that it is not a battery, but a capacitor. The one in your RTV probably has gassed itself out, and no longer holds a charge.

BTW, you RTV doesn't lose it's guide data... It just doesn't know what time it is, so it cannot display it.

Cheers!
-Doug
post #3 of 3 Old 04-12-2013, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks for the info. I've had the case open more then once as I have upgraded the disk in times past, and I didn't remember seeing a battery in there. So I will leave it be till I have need to open it again, then will try to locate the CAP. I kinda figured the issue with the guide was it just did not know the date. So hopefully my UPS battery backup will take care of it for now and if I have a power outage that out lasts the battery then I know I have to net connect to get things back straight again.

I appreciate the help.
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page