replay tv commerical skip models - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-19-2013, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

I was womdering if the replay tv pvr model 5504 has commercial skip . I read that Only Models 5000 not 5500 models .What would be the different from the other models . also can the 5500 series work with the 5000 series models as in watching video on another box in the house hooked up via Ethernet cable from a router .I also hear that TiVo cant skip commercials as good a replay tv .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 25
45xx and 50xx have automatic commercial advance, which means hands off. 55xx still marks the commercials, but you have to press the right arrow to make it go there.

Otherwise, the 50xx and 55xx are compatible with respect to watching the recordings on each other's boxes. In fact, if you watch a 55xx-recorded video on a 50xx, the video will auto skip commercials...

50xx and 55xx can't watch 45xx shows, and vice-versa. Don't mix them in a household.

I don't think Tivo can skip commercials at all.

Just build yourself a Windows Media Center box, and have a modern DVR that skips commercials.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-19-2013, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Yes but im using windows 8 . Thanks for the info on the boxes . I got a 5060 replay tv from ebay today for 30.00 . Im planning to use it with direct tv , I don't want to spend 20.00 a month on fee's for there box just to record television . Its more for my wife . We would like to back up live tv when we watch it . that's great to do . We had TiVo from direct tv in the past but I remember the fees where high one from direct tv and also from TiVo too . So we didn't have it long too . But now that Time warner cable is stopping analog service in my area Im forced to get satellite . I would of went U=Verse but they wanted a 448.00 deposit that was non refundable too . so I went with direct tv .
post #4 of 5 Old 08-20-2013, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
TIVO's can be set up to jump in 30 sec increments thru programs or commercials. I have a 5040 Replay TV and the commercial skip is not always successful. But it works pretty well most of the time.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-23-2013, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckland23 View Post

But now that Time warner cable is stopping analog service in my area Im forced to get satellite 

Isn't TW's digital service an option? I'm still using my ReplayTVs with Comcast digital service. I have one connected to a full digital converter, the other to a DTA.

Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page