Lifetime Activation - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-06-2002, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone explain the Lifetime Activation. I'm reading different things here and what to know what it really means.

The reason why I ask, is that I bought the ReplayTV 4080 Model and paid the lifetime Activation. I didn't think lifetime of the unit, I thought I would be a ReplayTV lifetime membership for one unit (my lifetime as a customer of replayTV).

So, my worry here is that if my unit breaks after one year and out of warrenty, and I have to buy a new one, can I transfer my lifetime activation.

If it's only on the unit, what happens when ReplayTV discontinues support and repair on it?

If it's only on the unit, the lifetime membership is bull. You would be better off paying 10 dollars a month because technology changes all the time. If it's lifetime activation on me being a Replay Customer for one unit, that keeps me wanting to stay with them on future units.

Someone who knows, please explain. Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-06-2002, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The activation is for the lifetime of the unit. It's not tied to the customer, but to the unit. With the 4080, the activation was included as part of the purchasing price. It was not a separate it. It was starting with the 4500s that the activation price was split. With the 4080, you did not have a choice. If you have a 4080 and not a 4508 or 5080 and you paid a separate activation price, then you should get a refund because you didn't need to pay activation again for the 4080.

If your 4080 breaks and you need it repaired, you can do so through SONICblue. You will not need to pay activation to get that repair through us.

As far as repairs on the unit, if SONICblue no longer repairs a particular model, then there will most likely be options for upgrading. At the moment, however, SONICblue still accepts RMAs for even the original 2000 series (2001 - 2004).

I can't speculate on what would happen if the company goes out of business. That's not the plan.
Closed Thread ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page