60Likes

post #1 of 252 Old 07-06-2015, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Guide stops on 7/15

Both my 55xx's did successful net connects this afternoon, so there should be 11 days of guide data. But their guides both stop at 7:30pm on 7/15.

Anyone know if there's a problem at the mothership?
cajon and SD_Shadow like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 252 Old 07-06-2015, 11:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmar View Post
Both my 55xx's did successful net connects this afternoon, so there should be 11 days of guide data. But their guides both stop at 7:30pm on 7/15.

Anyone know if there's a problem at the mothership?
Looks like a data load problem over the holiday weekend. I expect it to be back to normal soon.

---
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing in PERL!
post #3 of 252 Old 07-07-2015, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
replays

i'm not getting guide past 7/15 either as of 9am

post #4 of 252 Old 07-07-2015, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

3:30pm and still no improvement.
cajon likes this.
post #5 of 252 Old 07-08-2015, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmar View Post
3:30pm and still no improvement.
Same here nothing past 7/15
cajon likes this.
post #6 of 252 Old 07-08-2015, 08:23 AM

anyone call support yet?
Customer Service and Technical Support:
Phone: 254-299-2705 for all ReplayTV set top box issues

I got someone one from an answering service, a few mins ago, who said i would get a call back.
cajon likes this.
post #7 of 252 Old 07-08-2015, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
checked mine today and still only goes thru 7/15 after two updates.
cajon likes this.
post #8 of 252 Old 07-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Same here in the L.A. area after a connection update. The guide goes up to 5 pm PDT on 7/15. Possibly the same weekend bug that used to not charge monthly for monthly subscription fees and cause service interruptions.
cajon likes this.

Arvy
post #9 of 252 Old 07-08-2015, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvy View Post
Same here in the L.A. area after a connection update. The guide goes up to 5 pm PDT on 7/15. Possibly the same weekend bug that used to not charge monthly for monthly subscription fees and cause service interruptions.
The problem isn't happening with WiRNS 3. Now (July 8 3PM Central) I get through July 20 7PM.
post #10 of 252 Old 07-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

I'm not home right now but will recheck later. Maybe it's time to switch back to WIRNS.

Arvy
post #11 of 252 Old 07-09-2015, 05:04 AM

Any news on this issue yet?
post #12 of 252 Old 07-09-2015, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppahr View Post
Any news on this issue yet?
I was on hold for 43 minutes to finally have someone by the name of Tee say that they were answering service and took my information. I asked him if he knew of any problems, he said no and there were not a lot of calls coming in for Replay Showstopper problems. I then asked why did I have to wait 43 minutes just to leave my name, e-mail, and phone # ? He did not have an answer !He said someone from Replay would call me back. It may be time for everyone to call them and leave a message.
SD_Shadow likes this.
post #13 of 252 Old 07-09-2015, 10:53 AM

Same here. My guide refreshed just now and pulled in new data, but only up to that date.
post #14 of 252 Old 07-09-2015, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Thought I would jump in here. I have the same problem; no new data on the guide beyond 5 pm July 15. If anyone figures anything out, please post here. I am now going to try calling; will see how that goes.
post #15 of 252 Old 07-09-2015, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I don't think we need all the me-toos. It's clear that this is happening for everyone. Post if you have anything NEW to say.
post #16 of 252 Old 07-09-2015, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Just talked to someone at the Replay #. He said that they are just realizing how widespread this problem is and that they have started to work on it. He hopes for it to be resolved. I would recommend giving it a day or so, and then calling the phone number again for a status update. (I didn't have too long of a wait for the phone to be answered).
ClearToLand, cajon and SD_Shadow like this.
post #17 of 252 Old 07-10-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrinka1000 View Post
Just talked to someone at the Replay #. He said that they are just realizing how widespread this problem is and that they have started to work on it. He hopes for it to be resolved. I would recommend giving it a day or so, and then calling the phone number again for a status update. (I didn't have too long of a wait for the phone to be answered).
Never did hear from replay yesterday so called again this morning and spoke with Michael at answering service. I left my contact info again and told him I had not received a callback yesterday. About an hour and 15 minutes later I received a call from Corey at Replay. He said they were aware of the problem and are working on it. I said to him that I wanted to make sure Replay was not trying to pull a fast one and discontinue the guide service as they tried to do in 2011. He assured me that that was not happening and that there was just a technical issue. I hope this gets resolved before the guide runs out.
SD_Shadow likes this.
post #18 of 252 Old 07-10-2015, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
forced updates on 3 units today via ethernet and they all got messages after the update cycle that there were problems transferring data from ReplayTV. One got the message within 5 seconds of starting the update. The others got the message after the normal 1-2 minute update cycle. Rebooted all 3 units and no change to update results. The other day when I ran updates I did not get that message (but I didn't get guide updates either). Guide still remains only thru 7/15.
post #19 of 252 Old 07-10-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefish View Post
forced updates on 3 units today via ethernet and they all got messages after the update cycle that there were problems transferring data from ReplayTV. One got the message within 5 seconds of starting the update. The others got the message after the normal 1-2 minute update cycle. Rebooted all 3 units and no change to update results. The other day when I ran updates I did not get that message (but I didn't get guide updates either). Guide still remains only thru 7/15.
Call Replay and let them know. 254-299-2705 It can't hurt if as many people as possible call them.
post #20 of 252 Old 07-10-2015, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlloyd View Post
The problem isn't happening with WiRNS 3. Now (July 8 3PM Central) I get through July 20 7PM.
Hi,

I have a Services Direct account linked to WiRNS 3 (latest build), and I switched my Sonic blue Replay 5040 from the mothership to WiRNS and made the necessary service provider changes in the Input settings.

The WiRNS log clearly shows that it's sending 12 days of program listings to the Replay, but it still ends at 7/15.

Then I did the double clear program guide thing. Reloaded from WiRNS, and got nothing. It listed the channels but no shows. I loaded again and still nothing.

Then I changed back to the mothership and it went back to the way it was before. Show listings to 7/15.

Anybody else having problems switching to WiRNS for the channel guide?
post #21 of 252 Old 07-10-2015, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I tried to setup Wirns again. Wirns looks to be downloading a guide (completes with no errors on update) but I cannot get any replay to get the guide from it. The replay will grudgingly take the change to manual settings (takes longer than a minute) but fails to ever download from the Wirns server. It times out while trying to contact it. Now that the mothership is not giving any updates my main replay has no guide at all and other than previously recorded shows, it's pretty much a brick. Until early this morning I could at least get the 7-15 guide back on it.

Errors that I now get:

The provider you have selected is no longer available, please choose another (that is paraphrased, I don't remember the exact message).
or
Unexpected result code: 851e0001
or
Unexpected result code: 844c0002

I spoke with Corey at Replay and he said they are working on the problem. He was really tripping all over his words telling me repeatedly that they were looking into it. I don't know if he just isn't very good at communication or if he is frustrated with not being able to give an ETA or any other information.

I had a hard time getting Wirns setup last time when they were going to cancel the guide but after I discovered that it was NOD32 Antivirus that was the problem I removed it and everything worked but this time I have tried about everything I can think of and I can't get it. It's on a netbook that is only being used for Wirns. No antivirus, firewall disabled, replays detected by Wirns.

Is there a way to reset the replay configuration data without deleting all of my recorded stuff?

Last edited by Helvis; 07-10-2015 at 03:17 PM.
post #22 of 252 Old 07-10-2015, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajon View Post
Never did hear from replay yesterday so called again this morning and spoke with Michael at answering service. I left my contact info again and told him I had not received a callback yesterday. About an hour and 15 minutes later I received a call from Corey at Replay.
At least they called you back. I left a message with the answering service last September and am still waiting.

(I want to ask them to fix the bad listing data in a channel that causes the ReplayTV to reboot.)
cajon likes this.

Last edited by mschmitt; 07-10-2015 at 04:44 PM.
post #23 of 252 Old 07-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Maybe they are late paying the Tribune Media bill.

T minus 5 days to implosion.
cajon and CopRock like this.

Arvy
post #24 of 252 Old 07-11-2015, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvis View Post
I tried to setup Wirns again. Wirns looks to be downloading a guide (completes with no errors on update) but I cannot get any replay to get the guide from it. The replay will grudgingly take the change to manual settings (takes longer than a minute) but fails to ever download from the Wirns server. It times out while trying to contact it. Now that the mothership is not giving any updates my main replay has no guide at all and other than previously recorded shows, it's pretty much a brick. Until early this morning I could at least get the 7-15 guide back on it.

Errors that I now get:

The provider you have selected is no longer available, please choose another (that is paraphrased, I don't remember the exact message).
or
Unexpected result code: 851e0001
or
Unexpected result code: 844c0002

I spoke with Corey at Replay and he said they are working on the problem. He was really tripping all over his words telling me repeatedly that they were looking into it. I don't know if he just isn't very good at communication or if he is frustrated with not being able to give an ETA or any other information.

I had a hard time getting Wirns setup last time when they were going to cancel the guide but after I discovered that it was NOD32 Antivirus that was the problem I removed it and everything worked but this time I have tried about everything I can think of and I can't get it. It's on a netbook that is only being used for Wirns. No antivirus, firewall disabled, replays detected by Wirns.
It sounds like possibly you didn't change the ReplayTV to a different ZIP code that you've never used before. You should try reading the simplified setup guide on PlanetReplay: http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=15928. And, I would also recommend that you use the WiRNS forum there for continued discussion.

Quote:
Is there a way to reset the replay configuration data without deleting all of my recorded stuff?
You can use 2-4-3-Zones to Clear Channel Guide.
post #25 of 252 Old 07-11-2015, 11:36 AM

I tried multiple zip codes and I have cleared the guide several times. It does see wirns but gets to "Setting Clock" before it stops. I think something may be corrupt. I bought this unit used and I believe it gave me a hard time when putting my zip code in when I got it several years ago. I'll have to mess with it when I get more time.

I wonder if Corey is the only support person for replays since it seems like anyone that calls speaks to him? I would imagine that most of the paying subscribers have bailed and the majority of guide downloaders are free users now. Just from the small number of posts about this makes me think they will probably not put a lot of effort in to resolving it.
post #26 of 252 Old 07-11-2015, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
I tried multiple zip codes and I have cleared the guide several times. It does see wirns but gets to "Setting Clock" before it stops. I think something may be corrupt. I bought this unit used and I believe it gave me a hard time when putting my zip code in when I got it several years ago. I'll have to mess with it when I get more time.
If the ReplayTV is stopping at "Setting Clock", it typically means that WiRNS does not have access to your network. That is, that either Windows Firewall is preventing WiRNS from serving your network, or that you have something else installed which is preventing WiRNS from serving your network. The easiest thing to do to test if WiRNS is serving your network is to run nslookup on another computer and set the server for it to use as the WiRNS server and see if you can lookup any ReplayTV names. There's also a way to test if WiRNS is serving the time to the network if you search for it. And, you should also watch the WiRNS log while the ReplayTV is net connecting to see if it shows any activity or not.

You probably would have a lot better luck having these kinds of discussions on Planet Replay which has a dedicated WiRNS forum.
post #27 of 252 Old 07-11-2015, 01:28 PM

Ya, when I have time to mess with it again I'll check over there. Thanks for the info.
post #28 of 252 Old 07-12-2015, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
*sigh*

Not what I was hoping to find when I noticed the problem and came here looking for news on what was happening. Guess I need to refresh myself on setting up Wirns and using Schedules Direct -- just in case...

--
If you don't want to know, don't ask. The truth is brutal, prepare for pain.
post #29 of 252 Old 07-12-2015, 03:39 PM

i went ahead and installed Wirns glad i did and could
post #30 of 252 Old 07-12-2015, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Back when they threatened to stop the guide service in 2011, wasn't there some way to switch to Schedules Direct (or some other alternative) that didn't require installing WiRNS, just changing a DNS setting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page