I need help from you guys - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-24-2016, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need help from you guys

Running 5 5000 series Replays with 3 PC's in 5 different locations. Connections are wired and not wireless. Using Netgear router N041 with Netgear XE104's. All was well until the PC acting as server died...it was .107 and so I reconfigured the .100 PC (the dead one) to rename it .107 and now I cannot get WIRNS to function. I can see all the machines on the Replay display but they will not update. I have a Surfboard SB6121 running with the other stuff. I have played around moving the ethernet cables but nothing is working. I need to ask for specific advice, i.e. a blue cable goes here, a black one goes here, gray here, etc. I have all these things but right now I am an old hopelessly lost woman pleading for your assistance. Thanks in advance for ANYTHING you can do to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-25-2016, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar2649 View Post
Running 5 5000 series Replays with 3 PC's in 5 different locations. Connections are wired and not wireless. Using Netgear router N041 with Netgear XE104's. All was well until the PC acting as server died...it was .107 and so I reconfigured the .100 PC (the dead one) to rename it .107 and now I cannot get WIRNS to function. I can see all the machines on the Replay display but they will not update. I have a Surfboard SB6121 running with the other stuff. I have played around moving the ethernet cables but nothing is working. I need to ask for specific advice, i.e. a blue cable goes here, a black one goes here, gray here, etc. I have all these things but right now I am an old hopelessly lost woman pleading for your assistance. Thanks in advance for ANYTHING you can do to help.
Your new computer (running WiRNS) has the same IP but a different hardware (MAC) address. This may confuse one or more of your network switches. Reset then (remove power for a second and reconnect it). Reset your router too. I have had that (resetting switches) fix such problems (things not working after a change).

If you can download the guide (Administration / Update Guide), your cable modem (I have the same model) is probably not the problem.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-25-2016, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlloyd View Post
Your new computer (running WiRNS) has the same IP but a different hardware (MAC) address. This may confuse one or more of your network switches. Reset then (remove power for a second and reconnect it). Reset your router too. I have had that (resetting switches) fix such problems (things not working after a change).

If you can download the guide (Administration / Update Guide), your cable modem (I have the same model) is probably not the problem.
Can you kindly tell me how to find the MAC address? Thanks. And is it possible for me to email you?

post #4 of 4 Old 10-25-2016, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar2649 View Post
Can you kindly tell me how to find the MAC address? Thanks. And is it possible for me to email you?
Your router maintains various tables, including one that lists all IP addresses given out and the associated MAC addresses. A MAC address looks like 12:3B:FF:6C:72:81. However, you don't need this information just to reset a switch, as I was talking about.

As to email, this forum allows private messages. Would that be OK? To send a private message, click on the poster's name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page