5040 Cancellation Issues (was: Refurb 5040 + Lifetime: $329) - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #631 of 632 Old 06-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also ordered these from their respective locations. Ordered the home one from home... and ordered the work one from work.

Or maybe I ordered them both from home. Who knows.

You bring up an interesting point... but somehow I do not think the credit card company would care about IP addresses. They blundered and would have been responsible. But im not going to push the issue. Im selling the 2nd one (one going to home) to someone at my job anyways... so it kinda worked out to be easier anyways. Didnt have to bring the 2nd box into work. ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 632 Old 06-13-2003, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by sfhub
What if they provided proof that the serial number for the one that did
arrive and the one that "didn't" were connecting from the same IP address?
Oh... i see where u are going with this. Well like i said the 2nd one was going to a buddy of mine, so his would be connecting from a different IP address than me. However, I guess if they wanted, they could terminate the lifetime on the "stolen" one if they wanted to.

Ill admit... i did question them about this seeing if they would just ship another one to my real home address. But i wasn't going to lie about it either. I figured I would let them figure it out... and if they asked "did you place two separate orders"... which they did after a callback... i just told them yeah and then they said "oh it was shipped to the other address." I told them ill check it out. ;)

But still a major blunder on their part and if there were two people out there with my name placing the same order at two different locations... could have been a lot worse, especially since I used two separate credit cards as well.
Closed Thread ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page