Here is the procedure for going from a JP1 file (for KeymapMaster or RemoteMaster) to a RID file which can be uploaded to your ReplayTV:
1) Download RIDGen, MakeHex, and DecodeIR using the links in my previous post. Put all files in the same directory
2) Get RemoteMaster (a Java program) and the RDF files from the file section at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...gory&cat_id=81
3) Get the file for your device, from the files sections of either http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...egory&cat_id=4
4) Load that file into RM. Note that RM will load KeymapMaster configurations (.txt files) if you change the file type dropdown box in the file open dialog.
5) Run RIDGen. Copy the "Protocol" and "Device Number" fields from RM to RIDGen
6) Select the "Functions" tab in RM. Copy the EFC code for digit 0 to the EFC column in RIDGen for digit 0.
7) Click the "MakeHex" button to verify that the RID code gets created in RIDGen for digit 0. You should get a string of 0's and 1's and other symbols in the Initial bits and Repeated bits columns.
8) If that worked, then copy EFC codes all digits 0-9, Enter (if available), and Power from RM to RIDGen.
9) Click the "MakeHex" button again to convert all of the codes
10) Click "Save" in RIDGen, and save as C1000fi.rid (for cable code 1000 - if you change the code number, the file name will be different)
- if the MakeHex button isn't available, or doesn't work, you need to download the MakeHex program, and extract all files into the same directory as RIDGen.exe
- There must be a .irp file for the Protocol you use. Not all protocols have .irp files. If your protocol doesn't have an .irp file, then check on the hifi-remote forum for assistance.