Adding new IR Blaster codes to the Replay unit (4k/5k) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 454 Old 10-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You can download the replayTV codes for the CoolSat 4000 here.

whirly
The Race for Space has no Finish Line
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 454 Old 10-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member

Johnny: Bars are black, but I haven't recorded any HD....yet.

Loren: I believe the Accurian is a discontinued product, but RS keeps managing to unearth more when they sell out. Two of my local stores that were out of stock for a week, now both list (online) as having inventory. (I haven't called or dropped by.....yet.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 454 Old 10-02-2005, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirly View Post

You can download the replayTV codes for the CoolSat 4000 here[/url].

Whirly, Thanks for the link I will try it out and let you know......

Thanks
dUc
post #94 of 454 Old 10-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If anybody does this for a RTV5000 series so that it could change channels on a 'U.S.Digital' HDTV receiver please let me know!!
post #95 of 454 Old 10-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

The process works for all 4K & 5K models. All you need to do is to get the IR codes for your "U.S. Digital" HDTV receiver, Make or borrow the appropriate .rid file and follow the directions for transferring the files with WiRNS.

whirly
The Race for Space has no Finish Line
post #96 of 454 Old 10-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirly View Post

The process works for all 4K & 5K models. All you need to do is to get the IR codes for your "U.S. Digital" HDTV receiver, Make or borrow the appropriate .rid file and follow the directions for transferring the files with WiRNS.

After this past week of miss-understanding of terms over at the "JP-1" site... I am the last person to try to make this!!!!

But on the other side the remote codes for a "JP-1" remote are already at the "JP-1" sites file section!! Maybe 'Rob' could add a file section for these files at the 'JP-1' site??

I just wished that these codes could be sent to ReplayTV for them to add to a future upgrade/upload to add for all to have access to not just the 'geeks' running WiRNS.

--David
post #97 of 454 Old 10-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member

Attached is a new version of RIDGen which links up with both makehex and decodeir. You need to get those two programs separately. See the tools..main file section at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...gory&cat_id=81 and the other..utilities..ir programs files section at http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...=&au=&le=&pg=2

Once you have downloaded those other files, put all of the files in one directory. Then you can load a RID file with RIDGen, and click the "DecodeIR" button to decode the protocol, device, and EFC codes from it.

You can also do the reverse, and enter a protocol, a device, and the EFC (or OBC) codes for each button. Then click "MakeHex" and it will create the RID data for you. You can use RemoteMaster (see the hifi-remote link above) to get the protocol, device, and EFC data for a device.

Note: for MakeHex the protocol must match the filename of an .irp files from makehex, and that .irp file must be in the current directory. For example, "NEC1" or "NECx2" or "Sony12" would be valid protocols. The protocol names returned by DecodeIR do not necesarily match the names required by MakeHex.

As a test I created a code for the USDigital HDTV receiver. See attached.

Edit: Removed RIDGen attachment. You can download this from the file archives at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...e&file_id=2253

USDTV_RECEIVER.zip 2.0546875k . file
post #98 of 454 Old 10-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Here is the procedure for going from a JP1 file (for KeymapMaster or RemoteMaster) to a RID file which can be uploaded to your ReplayTV:

1) Download RIDGen, MakeHex, and DecodeIR using the links in my previous post. Put all files in the same directory
2) Get RemoteMaster (a Java program) and the RDF files from the file section at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...gory&cat_id=81
3) Get the file for your device, from the files sections of either http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...egory&cat_id=4 or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/
4) Load that file into RM. Note that RM will load KeymapMaster configurations (.txt files) if you change the file type dropdown box in the file open dialog.
5) Run RIDGen. Copy the "Protocol" and "Device Number" fields from RM to RIDGen
6) Select the "Functions" tab in RM. Copy the EFC code for digit 0 to the EFC column in RIDGen for digit 0.
7) Click the "MakeHex" button to verify that the RID code gets created in RIDGen for digit 0. You should get a string of 0's and 1's and other symbols in the Initial bits and Repeated bits columns.
8) If that worked, then copy EFC codes all digits 0-9, Enter (if available), and Power from RM to RIDGen.
9) Click the "MakeHex" button again to convert all of the codes
10) Click "Save" in RIDGen, and save as C1000fi.rid (for cable code 1000 - if you change the code number, the file name will be different)

Notes:

- if the MakeHex button isn't available, or doesn't work, you need to download the MakeHex program, and extract all files into the same directory as RIDGen.exe
- There must be a .irp file for the Protocol you use. Not all protocols have .irp files. If your protocol doesn't have an .irp file, then check on the hifi-remote forum for assistance.
post #99 of 454 Old 10-06-2005, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just FYI, you should be able to use either KM (Keymap master) or RM (Remote Master) for this purpose. To use KM you need MS Excel (no other spreadsheet program will do) and the use RM you will need to install the Java runtime environment.

Later, Rob

Select a link for questions on:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I prefer emails to PMs, my email is rob1 (at) rockabilly (dot) net
post #100 of 454 Old 10-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

FYI: I really have no need currently for the 'WiNS' and all the related software features... so maybe somebody could make a little program such as 'DVA' or 'Poopli' that would allow for the upload of the new 'IR' command only??

Much like the program(s) "IR" does for the JP1 remotes?

--David
post #101 of 454 Old 10-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Advanced Member

Don't be afraid of WiRNS. It really is a simple and quick install, then copy the shellcmds file into the WiRNS folder, and make your ReplayTV connect. Then uninstall. You don't need to use, or configure, any of the extra features in WiRNS, and you don't need to keep it installed.
post #102 of 454 Old 10-14-2005, 06:12 PM

i am trying to make a rid file for the d10 direct tv receiver; following robman's great stuff and directions i get as far as getting the jp1 file; but there is no irp file for the protocol it uses and i don't know where to get one or edit one; if anyone has the rid file for the d10 or can point me to a reference where i can make the irp file from the info in the jp1 i would greatly appreciate it; thanx.
post #103 of 454 Old 10-15-2005, 04:19 AM

So it took me a while to digest the information and directions in this thread, but it was worth the time.

I own a LG LST-3100A and have been somewhat frustrated by the lack of being able to use it with my ReplayTV.

I started with a file for the LG 3200 (from http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...egory&cat_id=4) hoping there were no differences between the LG models and it worked fine. Leads me to believe that the attached RID will work for any in the family of LG OTA receivers.

Anyway for those interested, just download the attached and follow the directions from FlipFlop in post #71 and you'll be all set!

Happy Days!

LG LST-3100A RID.zip 1.939453125k . file
post #104 of 454 Old 10-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

The Robman has been kind enough to make a file section on his site for RID files. I've uploaded some files there to get things started. If you create a RID file and want to share, this is a good place to store the files, and a good place to find the codes you need:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...gory&cat_id=84

I've also put the RIDGen program in the "tools - other" section at that site:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...gory&cat_id=85
post #105 of 454 Old 10-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenburg
i am trying to make a rid file for the d10 direct tv receiver.
Over at RemoteCentral there is a Pronto CCF file for the D10, and those are easier to handle. I pasted the codes from the CCF into RIDGen. One problem is RIDGen only allowed for up to 6.

(Tech note: apparently the D10 encodes 2 bits per symbol, so they have 4 digit symbols, 80170017, 8017002e, 802e0017, 802e002e, plus 3 different start/stop/transition bits, for a total of 7 symbols. DecodeIR reports this code as "Russound" protocol, device 12.)

I updated RIDGen so it can handle up to 10 different symbols, and then created the RID file from the CCF. See attached. I set it up as cable code 1000, so you can use the same ircodes and shellcmds files as given above). If you (or anyone?) can confirm that this code works, I'll upload it to the RID files section on hifi-remote.com

To edit this RID file you will need to get RIDGen 1.6 or later from

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...e&file_id=2253

DirecTV D10.zip 0.3759765625k . file
post #106 of 454 Old 10-15-2005, 01:39 PM

Hey all, I have been reading this thread and 2 others for two days now and cant get 3500S_RID-1 file on to my replaytv 4504.
I get the files on dvarchive fine in the photos pansat folder and Wirns is connected to my replay and communicates fine with it but when I go to to IR codes after a reboot during setup there is no 1000 code just 1005 and up. what am I doing wrong?

I know I read somewhere that this file is not showing under sattelite box but instead under cable but I dont see it there either. I also tried entering "1000" manually by pressing replay zone but no luck. I cant tell if the files are transfered or no, how can I tell that? or run the GetShellCommands? my shellcmds file looks like that and is in the root of the wirns folder:

"AppShell ToggleClock

cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/ircodes /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irbdata/ircodes

cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/ircodesRaw /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irbdata/ircodesRaw

cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/C1000fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/C1000fi.rid

AppShell ToggleCpuMeter

regedit setval SysConfig/NetworkUpdateTime Anytime 0"

the AppShell ToggleClock seems to be executing since the clock comes up on my tv after a force update from the replay... so why not the other commands? or maybe they do so where is the 1000 code on the list?

Please help if you can

Thaaaanks
post #107 of 454 Old 10-15-2005, 02:44 PM

never mind, instead I used a bin for the 3500s with the hughes IR code in it, works great, I got to learn about wirns thsi way which is a good thing, never had the PPV guide before... awsome
post #108 of 454 Old 10-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginoise View Post

I get the files on dvarchive fine in the photos pansat folder

cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/ircodes /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irbdata/ircodes

Your directory names aren't the same, so the shellcmds script isn't finding the files.
post #109 of 454 Old 10-15-2005, 06:46 PM

thats what I thought, oh well, got around the problem, thanks FlipFlop
post #110 of 454 Old 10-16-2005, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginoise View Post

never mind, instead I used a bin for the 3500s with the hughes IR code in it, works great, I got to learn about wirns thsi way which is a good thing, never had the PPV guide before... awsome

Could you tell me where I can get the bin for 3500s with Hughes IR codes in it? Also could you tell me with the ir codes for Hughes are? I have the same equipments and I am having the same problem as you did. Thanks.
post #111 of 454 Old 10-17-2005, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalauw View Post

Could you tell me where I can get the bin for 3500s with Hughes IR codes in it? Also could you tell me with the ir codes for Hughes are? I have the same equipments and I am having the same problem as you did. Thanks.

here it is
http://forums.al7bar.tk/showthread.php?t=97632&page=5
post #112 of 454 Old 10-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Diginoise:

If I understand the stuff at the link you posted, you modified the firmware on the 3500s so it accepts a different IR code (to one that ReplayTV knows), and then set up the ReplayTV to send that IR code to the 3500s? Sounds like a nice solution!
post #113 of 454 Old 10-17-2005, 01:47 PM

I still think it would be better to copy the .rid files to the Replay and modify it 1 time. Otherwise any time the firmware is updated you will have to make sure it is modified before it is applied. I'd rather just do it one time and be done with it. I'm going to try the copy procedure later today.
post #114 of 454 Old 10-17-2005, 06:04 PM

Ok, I'm using the following:

AppShell ToggleClock
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/ircodesRaw /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irbdata/ircodesRaw
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/s2000fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/s2000fi.rid
AppShell ToggleCpuMeter

I used the rid editor and have the code setup for the 3500 as s2000fi.rid. Wirns is working fine with my replay and when I try the direct connect I get a menu screen on the replay and then I get a clock and cpu monitor so it should have copied. When I go in the code is not there. Any ideas?

I have the files copied to the photo\\install directory but had to do it in dvarchive by typing it the filename instead of browsing since you can only browse for .jpg files. I don't see how this could be the problem but thought I'd mention it .

Does "name" in the path need to be "name" or do I need to change this to the name of my replay? I'm doing something wrong. Please advise, thank you.
post #115 of 454 Old 10-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st00ge View Post

I used the rid editor and have the code setup for the 3500 as s2000fi.rid.

Did you edit the ircodes and ircodesRaw files to add code 2000? Most of the copies floating around here had the code 1000 added, but not 2000.

Also, it appears that the ReplayTV software caches these files once they are read once. In that case you would need to reboot the ReplayTV unit to get the code to show up.

Quote:

I have the files copied to the photo\\install directory but had to do it in dvarchive by typing it the filename instead of browsing since you can only browse for .jpg files. I don't see how this could be the problem but thought I'd mention it .

You can use drag-and-drop onto the "install" folder in DVArchive's "DVR Explorer" window to avoid typing the file name. But it shouldn't matter how you get the files there, as long as they show up.

Quote:

Does "name" in the path need to be "name" or do I need to change this to the name of my replay?

It must be "name" just as it is shown. This is the base mount point for the ReplayTV filesystems. /name/storage is the photo partition, and /name/system is the system partition.
post #116 of 454 Old 10-17-2005, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFlop View Post

Diginoise:

If I understand the stuff at the link you posted, you modified the firmware on the 3500s so it accepts a different IR code (to one that ReplayTV knows), and then set up the ReplayTV to send that IR code to the 3500s? Sounds like a nice solution!

FlipFlop I didnt do squat, but that's what it is yeah, I just flashed my 3500s with that 118 bin with the hughs ir code in it.
For future refference, where do I tell the path on Wirns is wrong? and how do I fix that?
post #117 of 454 Old 10-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

That shellcmds script copies the files from /name/storage/Photo/install which corresponds to a folder called "install" under DVArchive's photos. You said you put the files in a folder called "pansat", which doesn't match what you used in shellcmds.

What probably happened was you crossed the instructions from the other thread with the pansat code, which used "pansat" as the photo folder, with the shellcmds file from this thread, which uses "install" as the folder.

In the end it doesn't matter what folder you use, as long as the name matches in DVArchive and shellcmds. But, to reduce the possibility of confusion it would be best if everyone just uses "install" as the folder name.
post #118 of 454 Old 10-18-2005, 10:08 AM

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong as I've tried this numerous times. It should not be this hard to copy files . Anyways, I decided to take the Pansat 2500 files since ircodes and ircodesRaw already contained the 2000 entry. I then took the rid file from the 3500 and used the rid editor to change it from cable 1000 to satellite 2000 and left everything else alone. I dragged and dropped these files into a folder called Pansat (sub-folder of Photo in Dvarchive and deleted the install directory from before since I started over) and made sure the shellcmds file listed the directories correctly. I direct attach to my Replay using Wirns and watch the log until it says it is done. Then I reboot the Replay and the 2000 code is not there.

The only thing I can think of is that I had an issue with Dvarchive and port 80 since it was in use. I ended up assiging a 2nd ip address to it and then Dvarchive was fine. I haven't tried the copy since the change. Do you think this will make a difference? I seem to be missing a simple step here.
post #119 of 454 Old 10-18-2005, 01:34 PM

Is there any chance that Directv D-10 codes will work for the H-10? Has anyone tried? Thus far I can't find the CCF or JP1 files for the H-10. Googling next . . .

It pays to google. This post states that you CAN use the D-10 codes. Will attempt now . . .

--
zimdba
post #120 of 454 Old 10-18-2005, 03:15 PM

Holy crap it works. For the 10 of us who are DirecTV H-10 users, this is very helpful. For me, it's like regaining my replayTV! Woo Hoo!

I followed the instructions in Post #71, and used the files attached to Post #117.

Very, very happy.

--
zimdba
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page