serial number conflict problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-04-2000, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My Panasonic showstopper stopped working on 11/01/00. I sent it away to be repaired. First I sent it to panasonic in Elgin, IL. Then they sent the unit to replaytv in Memphis. I finally got it back on 11/27/00. Anyway now it has a new problem that prevents me from registering it with replaytv for the myreplaytv service. On the back of the unit they put a new 9 digit serial number K0TB10XXX the last three digits are being "X" out by me. on the 411 screen I get the original serial number plus an extra 2 at the end. PV-H S2000 0D0RAXXXXX2. That 2 at the end which was not there before is the problem. MY key is also effected PV-H S2000 0D0R AXXX XX2 QQU. Once again the 2 near the end is the problem I have called replaytv and panasonic tech departments both are totally clueless on this issue and are trying to help me resolve this but it does not look good. Now before I send the unit in again to be repaired and another whole month goes by maybe one of the replay folks here can comment. Just for the public's information this will be the 8th exchange repair of a showstopper2000 or replay3030 in one months time out of the 2 units I own. I am ready to scream please help!Thanks in advance for your insight.
Closed Thread ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page