60 hour Replay for $275!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-06-2000, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've just noticed that Mercata is giving away a $100 credit for the Holidays, so even previous customers qualify for this.

There is a Power Buy going on right now on the RTV 3060, the current price is $499. So, assuming the NBC rebate is still good, you can get the 3060 for $299, and if you link to Mercata from ebates.com you can get an additional 5% back, bringing the price down to somewhere around $275.

If only the Loyalty rebate was still valid!

------------------
Later,
Rob.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/

Later, Rob

Select a link for questions on:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I prefer emails to PMs, my email is rob1 (at) rockabilly (dot) net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-06-2000, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

If I read it right, you get the 100 Mercata dollars after the purchase, so you have to buy another $500 worth of stuff to use up your Mercata dollars.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-06-2000, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That's not how it works. They apply the dollars when your purchase completes. We all did this with the "New Customer" credit that they were running through the end of last month.

I've decided to jump in and get one. I just noticed someone sold an RTV 2020 on ebay for $300, so I figure I'll dump my old 2020 and keep the 3060, and actually come out ahead by a few bucks!

------------------
Later,
Rob.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/

Later, Rob

Select a link for questions on:

I prefer emails to PMs, my email is rob1 (at) rockabilly (dot) net
post #4 of 6 Old 12-06-2000, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mercata$ are used two ways: Initial credits (like the previous $100 new customer credit, and the current $100 holiday credit) and gift certficates based on purchases.

The credits can be used on your FIRST purchase. They apply immediately.

The gift certificates are applied after REGULAR purchases (i.e. buy something for $100 and get a few Mercata$ added to your account for future purchases)

They are totally different animals, both using Mercata$.

UPDATE!!!! The $100 they offer are in the 'gift certificate' format, meaning you get $100 off your NEXT purchase!

[This message has been edited by RandyL712 (edited 12-06-2000).]
post #5 of 6 Old 12-06-2000, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 62
first post newbie http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

I just tried this on Mercata and was unable to use the supplied Mercata$ on the deal.

Is the Passport deal still good?

I just bought a 3030 from Mercata with the Passport deal but I could still return it and get the 3060 since I've only had it a few days. My 3030 looked brand new but obviously had been set up before by someone in NYC.

ScottJ
post #6 of 6 Old 12-06-2000, 03:45 PM

Not only are the $100 Holiday Rewards only good on future purchases, they expire 12/31/00. The following is from mercata.com:

Our Gift to You * Holiday Rewards

Purchase any of the following products from the Mercata store, and you’ll not only get an amazing deal, you’ll get a little something extra from Mercata... free store credit that you can use on any future purchase.

Each product earns a certain amount of Mercata$ store credit (specified below). When you purchase any of the selected products, we’ll automatically credit your account with the appropriate amount of Mercata$. There is no limit to the amount of Mercata$ you can earn, and you can use them to receive up to 20 percent off any future order of a product placed between now and 12/31/00.

Closed Thread ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page