Unintentional Mass Deletion - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-06-2000, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I figured I should warn all of you that it might happen.

I had to go away on business for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving. I set my 3060 to guarantee 15 episodes of Babylon 5 at medium quality. When I came back it seemed perfect. All of the episodes were there with their proper headings and descriptions. After I watched the first episode, I tried to delete it (as I have done sooo many times before). For some reason (and this is the first time this happened), the system completely locked up (crashed). The only thing I could do was re-boot. After the re-boot, all of my channels were there, but all of my Babylon 5 episodes were gone. Other programs, however, were not deleted. As any of you who watch Babylon 5 know, in 2 weeks a lot happens on the show! Just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention as a possible glitch. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a way to avoid it (ie. don't try to record more than __ episodes of something).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-06-2000, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I once deleted a set of shows when I bumped the cursor over from the individual show over to the main show block and deleted the whole record instead of the individual show. A mistake that can happen. Major bummer.

Just make sure you are deleting the correct thing when you press delete. Maybe you found a glitch... but it could have been a duplicate of my mistake.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-06-2000, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Don't take my skeptism personally, I just think I know what ya did. You went to Replay Guide to delete the episode, but by accident selected the whole Show-based Zone, thereby deleting all episodes contained within it.

------------------
The only constant is change.
post #4 of 7 Old 12-06-2000, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure I didn't do those things, all I did was hit "select" when I was prompted to after the show ended.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-06-2000, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, crazier things have happened. These are all just dressed up PC's and as such there will always be anomolous behavior, sometimes resulting in unpleasant results http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
The only constant is change.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-07-2000, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

I had posted a similar problem with my new Replay 3060 w/3.0 locking up after deleteing 1 show in a group of shows that I had collected. I had to do a hard reset to get it back. I did as someone here had suggested and deleted that show group and re-entered it again. I had had 3 lockups initially and none since the delete and re-enter.

"Beneath the surface of the mud...... there's more mud still.......Surprise" -- CSN
post #7 of 7 Old 12-07-2000, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mike.
Closed Thread ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page